Adam Schefter Trumaine Johnson to be tagged again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
If they don't things are gonna be scary at CB in the FA period and the draft. IMO they will tag him then get a deal done that lessens the cap hit.

Rams can't afford to chase Bouye in FA when they need to add key pieces to the line and wideout. They'll lock up Tru and have everything lined up to allow for chasing Zeitler and one of those wideouts IMO.

It just sucks. Tru's market value is $12.5M/yr so he's probably looking for $13 or $14M a year. I'm just unsure he's worth that money... but I'd still like to keep him. Ugh.

A55VA6

Legend
As expected. We need him right now, but the cost is a killer. Maybe they feel they are close on a deal.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
About 21 million left in cap space. I hope we make a few cuts, sign Garcon and an interior lineman and call it a day in free agency

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Trumaine Johnson will make about $16.7 million in 2017, making him the NFL's highest-paid corner.
tenor.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This front office put themselves in this mess playing too cute and not giving guys there money. They should have offered Jenkins his 12-13 million then you could come to Johnson and offer him around 9-10 million he was coming off multiple injury years now you have paid 1 corner back about 30 million in 2 yrs when you could have had your two top corners locked in for the long haul.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Tru when your agent gets the papers sign it and file it. Don't think just sign. $$$$$$$$$$.
Take advantage of the the dysfunction that lets a good but maybe not even at top 15 CB get paid like one of the best of the game.
And no worries this will all be mismanaged again next year so you will get the 3rd FT.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I don't think he plays at the tag number. I think he signs long term before the season starts.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Really hope a reasonable deal comes soon. I'm a doubter when it comes to Tru. Always thought he was overrated, especially as compared to J.J. He is not a #1. (Maybe he proves me wrong under Wade)

That said, he's a good corner, and not a bad piece to hang onto. Just worried about money for a team that needs to upgrade other positions, and will be looking at extending the best young defender in the game in AD.