A 3rd Seahawks Super Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IMO I would prefer that either the AZ Cards or the Seattle Seabirds go and win the SB. The reason for my position is the following:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/arizona-cardinals/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/seattle-seahawks/

My thoughts are that other teams who have a long time history of a losing ball club desire these players who have played in the big game and won. This SB winners UFA's get a heavy amount of looks & calls & paid big contracts.Thus this SB winner is a weaker team the following yr.

Seabirds Starters like OLT Russell Okung, DT Brandon Mebane, LB Bruce Irvin, WR Jermaine Kearse, DT Ahtyba Rubin and 3 other starters will be UFA's. The Cards are affected considerably less but they still have 10 starters that will be UFA's. Both teams stand a good chance to loose over half of these UFA's.

The other area that would slightly benefit the Rams would be in the draft where if one of these NFC Western Division teams win they are awarded the last pick in the first round and through-out the rest of the draft rounds.Just puts them in the back of the line to get their desired picks.

I have a natural dislike for the Panthers & Seabirds. I do favor somewhat AZ & Green Bay in the NFC along with AFC's Denver & KC.

ohiorams

Rookie
Why are you saying "this time" lol we didn't have him the first time we played them.

I think it'll be a much closer contest, but overall, I still feel pretty confident since we matchup real well versus Green Bay.

Also, Rodgers has lost to teams in the regular season & the playoffs in the same season 3 times to two different teams. Those 2 teams came from the NFC West, too.

But that's another thing,they've been to the playoffs multiple times win or lose.
This cardinals team is nothing like the one with warner and a reason they are succeeding is SF and Seattle having a drop off year. The Cards coach,QB and various players have no proven success at this level. The Packers have pages in that resume.
I'm just playing the sports back and forth forum game..I don't mean anything mean by it. I'm still picking GB no matter how much people think it makes no sense. But over the last 20 years you can count on GB winning playoff games and the Cardinals going home to rest for next season.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Hi all ! Not trying to much to be the "conversation police" but a lot of comments in this thread have gone way off track. I'm politely reminding everyone of the purpose of this particular thread, which is...

If the Seahawks went to a 3rd straight super bowl this year (and God forbid even win it)...
Do you feel that would help the Rams future? Or hurt the Rams future? Or neither?

And here's my 2nd question and answers will be packed with emotion I'm sure.
Suppose the Seahawks meet the Patriots again in this year's super bowl.
Which team would you want to lose the super bowl? (and why)

:) Carry on.

Last edited:

DVontel

Rookie
But that's another thing,they've been to the playoffs multiple times win or lose.
This cardinals team is nothing like the one with warner and a reason they are succeeding is SF and Seattle having a drop off year. The Cards coach,QB and various players have no proven success at this level. The Packers have pages in that resume.
I'm just playing the sports back and forth forum game..I don't mean anything mean by it. I'm still picking GB no matter how much people think it makes no sense. But over the last 20 years you can count on GB winning playoff games and the Cardinals going home to rest for next season.
:)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think the Panthers beat them.

Hope you're right, they will have to start fast (Panthers) and Lynch will give the Seahawks a boost. If Panthers don't start fast doubt will enter in and the playoff experience and Russell Wilson might just trump them....Hoping it doesn't happen, but right now I just want anyone who can beat New England.