1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8 NFL QB's at career crossroads

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Prime Time, May 22, 2014.

1. max Well-Known Member

How many years did the Pats go without infusing top talent at the WR position? And how did Brady do with that "dagger" stuck in him?

2. RFIP Well-Known Member

Gronk, the murder and Welker. Please Max, this endless talk like Brady never had receivers is silly.

Here's my question, what did Brady do with SAMs old weapons? Amendola? Fells? HooHoo? Mulligan? Lloyd?

He hardly threw to them, that's what.

3. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Somebody just made my ignore list ,sick of the poor Sam meme

4. max Well-Known Member

Brady started in 2001. Remember that?

Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker and even Randy Moss weren't on the Pats in Brady's first 5 years, yet he won 3 SBs without them.

Brady won SBs with guys like Troy Brown and Dion Branch. Those were his big time WRs.

5. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Until 2007, with Wes Welker and Randy Moss in which Tom Brady threw record 50 TDs. Prior to that they had a top D and he didn't have to do as much as he does now.

6. RFIP Well-Known Member

Exactly correct

7. max Well-Known Member

EXACTLY my point! Brady had a top D and didn't have to do as much. Yet he STILL did enough to win. And he didn't even have a great RB. He had a top notch OL that played together well. Heck, he's always had that.

So if Bradford has a top D this year and the OL plays well, there should be no excuses regardless of not having top talent at WR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the WRs either. They are a concern to a degree. They have to at least be competent and catch the damn ball as well as Brady's WRs did back in 2001-2004.

But I'm not going to support the premise that without top tier WRs, Bradford fate is sealed in StL. That's just way over the top.

8. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Or wish he was on another team?

9. max Well-Known Member

If you're a Rams fan, why would you ever wish he was on another team unless you thought he wasn't any good?

The only logical reason I can think of is because you want to cover your ass if Bradford craps out this year. Then you can blame the Rams for damaging him beyond repair when he gets booted out of StL.

A dilussional explanation is somehow thinking that even with a top D and a solid OL and running game it won't be Bradford's fault if he plays poorly this year just because he doesn't have Sammy Watkins at WR.

rhinobean and Thordaddy like this.
  10. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Yup that poor Sam meme is JUST as tired as the Sam sucks one and is PD worthy.

rhinobean likes this.
  11. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

"The Rams resisted taking Johnny Manziel in the 2014 Draft"

In just that same way, I "resisted" licking the yummy electrical outlets.

BigRamFan, HeiseNBerg and BeerOClock like this.
  12. max Well-Known Member

Yup. It was obvious to me and anyone who understood the Rams draft process that Fisher calls the shots and he wasn't going to take Manziel.

13. dieterbrock Well-Known Member

in the 5 seasons prior to signing Moss, Brady averaged 3,740 yards per season and 26 td's. I'd kill for those numbers for Sam

Back to the OP, what's so bad with this article? A career crossroads sounds better than "make or break" year.
    Because that's what it is. When he has a monster year, his contract will be extended. If things dont work out, he wont be back.

Prime Time likes this.
  14. Faceplant Well-Known Member

Sheesh, got my first "inappropriate" in this thread...pretty sure I know who from. Do "likes" on the same post cancel out the "inappropriates"?? If not, they should......

15. blackbart Well-Known Member

"Bradford’s late-game heroics weren’t limited to sneak-attack runs either. Starting from that late drive in the third quarter, Bradford went 11-of-13 for 121 yards and a touchdown for a rating of 131.1 to close out the game and the Cardinals."

Someone was catching those balls.

Bradford 4th Q comebacks and wins
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BradSa00

There are plenty of weapons on this team to be a good team and to give Bradford legitimate targets.

rhinobean and jsimcox like this.
  16. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

Trying to recall, but weren't there also a coupe more possibilities that were thwarted by missed FGs?

rhinobean likes this.
  17. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Yes.

18. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Yes.

19. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Yes.

20. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member