8 NFL QB's at career crossroads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They could have already signed him. New CBA isn't stopping them.

Dalton is on the list because he's played like a middle of the pack QB that can't get it done in the playoffs.

I thiought under the new CBA you cannot redo a rookie deal until there is one year left on it. I recall Demoff saying something about it when he was asked in a chat why the Rams don't redo Bradford for cap space.

Maybe it's just my imagination runnin away with me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thiought under the new CBA you cannot redo a rookie deal until there is one year left on it. I recall Demoff saying something about it when he was asked in a chat why the Rams don't redo Bradford for cap space.

Maybe it's just my imagination runnin away with me.

Bradford's contract is from the old CBA. As I recall, they couldn't restructure it because they had already restructured it within the last year.

Under the new CBA, I believe you cannot negotiate a new deal until after Year 3.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I thought they were restructuring it? Then Bradford got hurt and talks cooled and then Bradford said he wanted to now wait until he proves himself anyway.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought they were restructuring it? Then Bradford got hurt and talks cooled and then Bradford said he wanted to now wait until he proves himself anyway.
I think that was a lot of speculation based on something Demoff said in passing. Something to the effect of, "If they (his agents) were to come to us with a deal, we'd definitely look at it." Or something like that. I don't think there were ever any official talks or negotiations.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think that was a lot of speculation based on something Demoff said in passing. Something to the effect of, "If they (his agents) were to come to us with a deal, we'd definitely look at it." Or something like that. I don't think there were ever any official talks or negotiations.
But if that's the case, then he could have re-structured which is what I thought was trying to be figured out.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes, Bradford is about to cross over from "Bad Eli Manning" to "Good Eli Manning". I agree.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Which is why the on pace talk is silly.
Sam was incredible in the red zone last year, but like you said we had no running game. So many of those opportunities may have turned out to be running plays. Conversely looking at the way he had the deep ball going in the Carolina game, he may have ended up throwing even more Td. Either way just not a fan of the on pace stuff.

It's really nothing to not be a fan of.

Nothing made up about his awesome TD to INT ratio. (3 were tipped)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a fan of the "on pace" stuff. Because they were also "on pace" to have 0 rushing Td last year while Sam was playing.

If anything, that would indicate to me that his numbers would improve with a legitimate running game. And they did when Stacy took over. So his actual production could very easily have been better than his on pace production. In fact, I think the better argument here would be strength of schedule.

Using the rushing attack really would indicate the opposite of what you're saying. Especially considering the way it took off after Bradford went down.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anything, that would indicate to me that his numbers would improve with a legitimate running game. And they did when Stacy took over. So his actual production could very easily have been better than his on pace production. In fact, I think the better argument here would be strength of schedule.

Using the rushing attack really would indicate the opposite of what you're saying. Especially considering the way it took off after Bradford went down.
Of course you would, that's what fans do. But the reality is that "on pace" statements only take the good and leave out the bad. Thats why I dont like them. Good or bad

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course you would, that's what fans do. But the reality is that "on pace" statements only take the good and leave out the bad. Thats why I dont like them. Good or bad

Has nothing to do with being a fan.

Sam with a legitimate rushing attack - 7 TDs to 1 Int over 3 games
Sam without the rushing attach - 7 TDs to 3 Ints over 4 games

And no, on pace does not only take the good. It takes both. It's simply a projection based on what happened.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

are you still going on about the on pace stuff? what don't you understand about it? these were your exact words.

in the 5 seasons prior to signing Moss, Brady averaged 3,740 yards per season and 26 td's. I'd kill for those numbers for Sam

So basically, Sams 2 year average of his best years equate to 3,607 yards and 20 td, and that somehow is comforting in comparison to Brady's "worst" season average of 3740 and 26 td ?

I'm behind Sam 100% this season and have no doubt he has the tools he needs to be succesful, just done with all the excuses for past performance or lack thereof

so when i told you sam was on pace to throw 32 tds to highlight that he was actually producing numbers you would kill for, thus playing well so you don't have to hear any excuses about his lack of performance, you come up with this.

I'm not a fan of the "on pace" stuff. Because they were also "on pace" to have 0 rushing Td last year while Sam was playing.

your mind has been made up unfortunately. you focus on the bad and don't want to acknowledge the good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And no, on pace does not only take the good. It takes both. It's simply a projection based on what happened.
Ok, then you agree the Rams were on pace to have 0 rushing touchdowns and 6.85 wins with Sam at QB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
your mind has been made up unfortunately. you focus on the bad and don't want to acknowledge the good.

Lol

I'm amazed at how people choose not to read what people are saying.
I've given plenty of credit to Sam in this thread, you choose not to read that
I think "on pace' talk is nonsense. Sam finished with 14 td, end of story. His career high is 21 TD. His numbers have not equalled Tom Brady at his most average. Sorry you dont like the info, but its all factual and not "on pace"

Sam has thrown 35 td in 22 games with Fisher as his HC, which is is better than with Spags. So needle is facing up.
Sam is the QB, and I am looking forward to seeing the confident QB that Fisher leaned on towards the end of 2012 and seemingly built the team around in 2013.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, then you agree the Rams were on pace to have 0 rushing touchdowns and 6.85 wins with Sam at QB

Yea, that is a fact. I also recognize that the Rams defense and rushing attack played much better over the final 12 games than they did the first four which likely would have allowed us to finish stronger than those projections.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol

I'm amazed at how people choose not to read what people are saying.
I've given plenty of credit to Sam in this thread, you choose not to read that
I think "on pace' talk is nonsense. Sam finished with 14 td, end of story. His career high is 21 TD. His numbers have not equalled Tom Brady at his most average. Sorry you dont like the info, but its all factual and not "on pace"

Sam has thrown 35 td in 22 games with Fisher as his HC, which is is better than with Spags. So needle is facing up.
Sam is the QB, and I am looking forward to seeing the confident QB that Fisher leaned on towards the end of 2012 and seemingly built the team around in 2013.

To be fair, Sam's averages per a 16 game season under Fisher are:
60.0%
3747 yards
6.6 YPA
24 TDs
12 Ints
85.2 QB Rating

And as you said, Brady in the five years before Moss and Welker was:
61.6%
3743 yards
7.1 YPA
26 TDs
13 Ints
88.7 QB Rating

But these are just stats, I don't think Sam is Brady or anything. Just saw the prior comparison and thought I'd toss my two cents in.