53 Man Roster (Offense)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Three tight ends is also unlikely, but I don't think Harkey makes the final cut
Jeff Fisher favorite Corey Harkey = Dead meat.Major Organizational Culture Change!

Memphis Ram

Legend
A successful running game is predicated on having TE's that can block inline also on the move as an H-Back. None of the TE's above have shown they can block.That is wishful thinking.

Depends upon the scheme. For example, see Seattle. In fact, just follow Jimmy Graham. He really wasn't blocking anybody in New Orleans.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmmm

Williams is better than Pace Murphy

Harkey....cut???

We may only keep 5 wr....active....but I see 7 making it as of now.

I'm still shaking my head about a FB in this offense. Don't recall Washington using one.

Memphis Ram

Legend
hmmmmm

Williams is better than Pace Murphy

Harkey....cut???

We may only keep 5 wr....active....but I see 7 making it as of now.

I'm still shaking my head about a FB in this offense. Don't recall Washington using one.

Redskins had FB Darrell Young prior to last year.
Plus, the Falcons (can't forget OC Mat Lafleur) had FB Patrick DiMarco.

WestCoastRam

Legend
For Harkey to get cut, Sam Rodgers will need to show he can block well off-set from the line. He did in college but it's a big leap from college.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Cooper being cut over Spruce would be a huge upset. I have him on the outside looking in right now. He'll need to do a lot more than catch without pads and have 1 good half in a preseason game against scrubs.

I hope he does, but it's a bigger hill than I think many are projecting.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
McVay went with 8 OL last season with Washington.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Looks like OT Vinston Painter according to Ourlads.

Upon further review, he was signed in September and remained with the team throughout the season.

I figure 9 should be about right for the Rams in 2017.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Redskins had FB Darrell Young prior to last year.
Plus, the Falcons (can't forget OC Mat Lafleur) had FB Patrick DiMarco.

On that same note, perhaps we focus on what McVay did in Washington, too much, and not enough on what Lafleur and even Olsen have done elsewhere. For example, Washington didn't throw to it's RBs as much but Atlanta was gashing teams throwing to RBs. And as I recall, Steven Jackson had his best season with Greg Olson as OC catching about 90 passes.

Surely Lafleur and Olson have pushed for backs to be used more via the passing game, I'd hope, given Gurley's talents.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For Harkey to get cut, Sam Rodgers will need to show he can block well off-set from the line. He did in college but it's a big leap from college.
No way Sean McVay keeps Fisher "favorite" Harkey over (Snead/McVay draft pick)Sam Rogers.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No way Sean McVay keeps Fisher "favorite" Harkey over (Snead/McVay draft pick)Sam Rogers.

McVay will keep both. Barring injury Harkey can flat out block and he's not a bad receiver either. Now maybe Wilson will show enough, however, if you're going to keep 4 TE's one of them usually is a block of granite and Harkey fits the mold IMHO.