53 Man Roster (Offense)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
OT Darrell Williams @ best is a 2017 PS player

To be frank, I disagree. He played well pre-injury in his rookie season - and while he played poorly in the preseason last year, if he's back to rookie form, he'll be on the roster, and Pace Murphy will be on the practice squad. If he's injured again, then yeah, cut him, but he has a chance to make this roster. If not, Murphy gets the job.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
To be frank, I disagree. He played well pre-injury in his rookie season - and while he played poorly in the preseason last year, if he's back to rookie form, he'll be on the roster, and Pace Murphy will be on the practice squad. If he's injured again, then yeah, cut him, but he has a chance to make this roster. If not, Murphy gets the job.
It would be great news if DW was able to return to his 2015 TC & pre season self. His play @ LT was not great but for a rookie UDFA his performance was technically sound. That's the closest that I can come close to agreeing with you here.

DW play @ RT was a totally different story when he was forced to start @ RT post when his play was an abomination. Later he was injured on the same play that Jamon Brown badly broke his leg. Both were IR'd. DW only played in 5 games & it was the 5th game he went out

Last season DW looked terrible & even looked worse than Isaiah Battle who was just plain awful. The event as to how DW re-injured his wrist again is UNKNOWN but he was placed back on the IR on 10/2/2016. Bottom line DW is facing his 3rd NFL training camp & has only 5 games active no starts. DW has been UN able to remain healthy now for well over 1 /1/2 years.

The fact that currently Kromer has five OL'ers who have shown that they can play RT if need be the real issue is @ LT. This just happens to be the best post most likely the only OL post that DW might be able to earn a roster spot on. DW is 6-4 300 pounder & it appears that the 6-6 308 pound Pace Murphy has more going for him due to his shown ability to play both left & right OT posts. DW will be a RFA when this season ends whereas Murphy will be here for a few more seasons under contract..

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

My thoughts were put in a total package form from the entire 2015 & 2016 pre seasons. Not as you pointed out (just the snaps he had during regular 2015 season). I will agree with you that my "judgements" are sometimes harsh.;)

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Offensive Line -9

Brown, Jamon T
Donnal, Andrew T
Eldrenkamp, Jake C
Havenstein, Rob G
Murphy, Pace T
Saffold, Rodger T
Sullivan, John
Wichmann, Cody
Whitworth, Andrew

QB-2
Goff, Jared-QB
Mannion, Sean-QB

Wide Receivers -6
Kupp, Cooper
Austin, Tavon
Reynolds, Josh
Spruce, Nelson
Thomas, Mike
Woods, Robert

Tight Ends -4
Everett, Gerald
Wilson, Travis
Higbee, Tyler
Hemingway, Temarrick

Running Backs - 3
Dunbar, Lance
Gurley, Todd
Brown, Malcolm

Fullback -Sam Rogers-1

I like your offensive lineman except I think Austin Blythe will be the season ending starter and next year's starter. I like him a lot and he is getting some real rave reviews in camp. QB you nailed (not really hard since there are only 2 QB's on the roster lol), I am in the minority with WR. I believe the Rams ultimately will keep seven (Kupp, Woods, Austin, Thomas, Reynolds, Spruce and Ryan). Tight ends I think the locks are Higbee, Hemingway and Everett. I don't think Wilson makes it, but I could be wrong. Running backs seem right as well as Sam Rogers at FB.

Really have been impressed with what I heard through some beat writers on both Nelson Spruce and Mike Thomas. I think they will make significant strides this season. Thanks for sharing!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Offensive Line (9)

LT….Andrew Whitworth, Pace Murphy

LG…Rodger Saffold

C…John Sullivan, Jake Eldrenkamp

RG…Rob Havenstein, Cody Wichmann

RT…Jamon Brown, Andrew Donnal

Tough battle for backup Center and I could see Blythe being kept with Eldrenkamp to the PS, however, have a feeling about Eldrenkamp and Kromer likes him so maybe Blythe heads to the P.S. and if a veteran shakes lose I could see the Rams signing a serviceable backup LT, but right now, it’s Pace Murphy over Darrell Williams.

RB (3)

Todd Gurley, Malcom Brown, Lance Dunbar

With the addition of the Full Back Rams go with three and have one or two on the practice squad as well.

FB (1)

Sam Rogers

Rams had not had a conventional Full Back in years so we shall see if Los Angeles is Mr. Rogers Neighborhood?

QB (2)

Jared Goff, Sean Mannion

Interesting to see the camp arm, but Rams will go with two young guns and keep another on the PS.

Wide Receiver (6)

Tavon Austin, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Mike Thomas, Nelson Spruce, Josh Reynolds.

As I have posted previously I like Pharoh Cooper being traded as the Rams keep a backup punt returner on the practice squad like Shakeir Ryan.

Tight End (4)

Tyler Higbee, Gerald Everett, Temarrick Hemingway, Cory Harkey

Much to the chagrin of Jordan Palmer these are my four Harkey’s blocking too important to be ignored.

I think that you absolutely nailed it, den.

Including Harkey at TE.

Backup C might be interesting. Hearing nice things about Blythe. He might just be able to beat out Eldrenkamp, who knows? But that remains up in the air and impossible to predict at this point, huh?