4th Round: Pick #20 - OT Andrew Donnal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
I understand. I guess we'll have to wait until the dust has settled, then listen to Fisher and Snead discuss their picks and why they chose them and how they will fit in the grand scheme of things.
Just understand that I'm not saying they'll be bad. Not at all. I'm just saying I honestly think the Rams most likely had higher rated players when they picked. I get why they did it this draft. I just hope they don't do this type of thing again where they're forced to take positions over BPA.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just understand that I'm not saying they'll be bad. Not at all. I'm just saying I honestly think the Rams most likely had higher rated players when they picked. I get why they did it this draft. I just hope they don't do this type of thing again where they're forced to take positions over BPA.
I agree. We all want this team to get back to the playoffs and I hope this draft of players will do that. We're all passionate about our RAMS and in the end we will cheer hard for whomever we have playing! GO RAMS!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I said about Donnal when I watched his film:
5. Andrew Donnal OT Iowa - I know a lot of people like him but I don't see it. He has good technique and gives a lot of effort but he just doesn't have much in the physical talent department. He's an underpowered run blocker with a small lower body and his feet look heavy to me in pass pro. His punch timing and hand placement are good but his punch doesn't have much power and he doesn't have the lower body strength to anchor well. I think his lack of strength is really going to cap his upside at the next level. Just don't see starter tools.

So another pick that I don't like.

We grab Donnal and a few picks later, Seattle grabs Glowinski and SF grabs Smelter. Jesus, that 4th round could come back to haunt us.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Tore his MCL and PCL pretty badly in a game. Never started a game at tackle before 2014. Competed with Scherff for the left tackle job at Iowa in their sophomore years. Couldn't beat him out and didn't start. Only started three games in 2013 before he blew out his knee.
That wasn't the year he tore the ACL.

2012: Played in seven games, starting three at right guard before suffering torn ACL and missing final five games.