49ers hire Chip Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just when I thought it was impossible for the whiners to become more dysfunctional. :yess::ROFLMAO:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Colin when he got he news of playing for Chip.
colin.jpg

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This is good news. When we beat them it'll be more entertaining than normal.

And for the record, we didn't even try winning our last game against them. We were scouting our own players.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:snicker:Shaking in my boots.:rolllaugh:Another stellar move by Boarding School boy wonder.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
*Mod note: Didn't mean to be the OP on this thread. I merged my old one into this new one and sometimes the merge function doesn't work properly.* :mrburns:

Sure you didn't.

(Flippin Meglomaniacs - sheesh)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this is a good hire for them. If anyone can get something out of Kaepernick, it's Kelly. Like the Eagles, he comes into a situation where they have some young talent. Wouldn't be surprised to see them turn it around.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 29s29 seconds ago
As he plotted potential moves & his next @NFL stop, Chip Kelly was trying to figure out how to trade for/sign Colin Kaepernick. No need now.

Looks like our chances at getting Goff increased a little......I hope.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think kelly could be a decent coach, just made some interesting personnel decisions in philly that didn't pan out so well.
See for me it was the other way round. He brought in a guy like Demarco Murray and refused to use him in the correct way - stuffing him into a system he didnt suit. That inflexibility said "bad coaching" to me. For example, it's raining really bad, Kelly dials up a run with Murray, but the play is a pitch 4 yards to the right in pouring rain and a slippery ball instead of telling him to secure it from the I formation and go up between the tackles. You can blame Murray for fumbling - ad it being returned for 6 and knocking them out of contention, but a coach should consider that possibility and have tied to minimize it by adapting to the conditions.

I think he really messed up by letting Maclin work. He obviously thought his receiver crew were better than they were but they dropped everything! (7% off all passes thrown were actually dropped...)

On the other hand - he has shown his system can work with the right personnel. Kaepernick could be dangerous once again with Kelly's system as long as they don't force him to make real football reads and throw it. I'm actually more concerned about that than anything else. Going to be a rare old fashioned rivalry we're going to stoke up again with the Whiners now!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think kelly could be a decent coach, just made some interesting personnel decisions in philly that didn't pan out so well.
See for me it was the other way round. He brought in a guy like Demarco Murray and refused to use him in the correct way - stuffing him into a system he didnt suit. That inflexibility said "bad coaching" to me. For example, it's raining really bad, Kelly dials up a run with Murray, but the play is a pitch 4 yards to the right in pouring rain and a slippery ball instead of telling him to secure it from the I formation and go up between the tackles. You can blame Murray for fumbling - ad it being returned for 6 and knocking them out of contention, but a coach should consider that possibility and have tied to minimize it by adapting to the conditions.

I think he really messed up by letting Maclin work. He obviously thought his receiver crew were better than they were but they dropped everything! (7% off all passes thrown were actually dropped...)

On the other hand - he has shown his system can work with the right personnel. Kaepernick could be dangerous once again with Kelly's system as long as they don't force him to make real football reads and throw it. I'm actually more concerned about that than anything else. Going to be a rare old fashioned rivalry we're going to stoke up again with the Whiners now!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I had the 49ers down as for sure taking a QB in the upcoming draft. From the sounds of it, that may no longer be the case. This is huge. There are not too many teams picking early this year that need a QB. So every feasible-QB-landing-franchise that sets their sights elsewhere increases the Rams' odds of getting a quality QB while standing pat at #15. Significantly.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Some whiners not liking the hire:

what a joke
So what you are saying is, we will be searching for a new coach for a 3rd year in a row.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

There goes our defense.
Joe Staley: I want to announce my retirement.
Reid: I think I need to retire due to health reasons.
Cool. More 3 and outs and a really tired D.
What a s**t show.
You guys ready to see garbage?
Can't imagine a more terrible hire. Our defense will now need to play 20 games instead of 16 and the locker room will be divided between black and white. Oh, and free agents will tell SF to eff off!!!
This is absolutely fantastically s**tTY
kap is back.
i give up. We are looking at at least 2 more seasons of ineptitude.
fits the bill...hire a guy no one else wanted or interview...great job Trent and Jed...we will be picking in the top ten again in the 2017 draft...
Spurrier 2.0

F*%ing Santa Clara 49ers. Thanks for the splash, Jed. Who's the top draft prospect next year?
f**k this c********r
Hire the guy no one else f**king wanted.

A guy that just came from wrecking another team.

f**k you jed.
losing-it.gif

Hahahahhahaha. Yep, just saw it. Yet another major fxxk-up from York and Baalke.

Kelly was the worst candidate all along. With his BS Power Spread system, the 9ers are finished. I am fxxking done with this franchise. LOL.
First i lose out on 800 million and now this. FML
hooray! another coach the players can give up playing for!
It's official. Now I hate Baalke too ...
I hope we don't have to start a new thread tracking which super stars Chip sends off to other teams
sick.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh eff me!
JED: One question Chip. Are you an a*****e?
CHIP: Yes sir I sure am. What about you, Trent?
TRENT: Almost as big an a*****e as you are, Chip.
CHIP: I hear Mangini is a big f**king a*****e.
JED: Indeed he is.
CHIP: In that case, let's keep him.
JED: What's your feeling about the QB situation?
CHIP: Well, Kaep is definitely more of an a*****e than Blaine. So Kaep's my guy.
TRENT: We may not be winning with class, but we're losing with ass.
Sick to my stomach about this. Hope to God I am wrong. I forsee nothing but infighting after year one. Who really believes Kelly is the future of the franchise long term? I feel like I did last year when they announced Tomsula. No that's not true, I didn't know how bad Tomsula could be.
sick.gif

lmao some of you are actually fired up about this
So let me get this straight. The 49ers fired a former college coach, because he was abrasive and wanted too much power. Then they hired another, lesser, college coach who was fired from his last job because he was abrasive and wanted too much power.

And this is supposed to work, how?

God, York family...just sell. This is too much for you to deal with.
Chip Kelly's teams ALWAYS have struggled against big, physical teams. NFC West going to own us.
I feel like I'm trapped in an Onion article.
We are f**ked
Weekly Fantasy Football
DraftKings.com
Oh we're f**ked
angry.gif
doesn't Kelly run the same plays over and over not to mention the fact that his players seem to hate him. Worst of all this probably means Kap is back with that ridiculous salary
We have returned to the Joe Thomas years, can you say Pete MacCaulley/Fred O'Connor! Hell0 2-14(maybe) and the #1 Draft Choice in 2017! He got totally outcoached in the National Championship game against Auburn! The Dorks inability to do anything right strikes again!
angry.gif

Only reason Im not totally s**tting on this hire is that he doesnt have personnel control. But wait, Baalke does, so...oh nvm smh
I'm sickened. Kelly was a failure and a laughing stock in Philly. We'll probably keep the underperforming Kaep now. After 30 some years as a fan, i'm about done rooting for the 49ers. I'm going to keep an open mind for a bit for people to convince me how great he is. I also want to see who he has on his staff.
Of course we can't hire anyone that would bring the West Coast offense back.
f**k this owner and gm
wow when did we turn into the raiders?
Once again......

losing-it.gif

Can't tell you how pissed I am about this hiring! Players absolutely HATE him. He has NO control over a locker room. Remember when he was asked about not disciplining his players and his response was that they're grown men and shouldn't need to be told?????? And he doesn't really have any type of unique "system". He has an average offense that he likes to run at a high tempo. He's a speed freak on offense and zero idea of any other facet. Once the stigma of him running his plays quickly wore off and he slowed down, he was below mediocre. Why on earth are any of you happy about this?????!!!!! And now all this optimism about Kaepernick??????? YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE. Even under Harbaugh Kaepernick couldn't read a defense, Harbaugh just masked his flaws better. OMG, this franchise! Oh, btw, Baalke told us they already had a plan in place weeks ago. Bullsh#t! If so, Chip would've been hired long ago. Can't wait for you all whine about Kaepernick next year because you drank the Kool aid. He sucks! He has PROVEN that he has no aptitude for the pro game. Can't read a defense. Hangs on to the ball. STARES DOWN his first and ONLY read. I would rather have Manziel, and I'm not kidding.
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

OMFG...YOU CANT BE SERIOUS...U CANT BE FN SERIOUS
my good friend who's been a lifelong Eagles fan just texted me "sorry buddy"
3oFyDdT5XjPsPhvwpW.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kaep + Chip could be dangerous if he learned from his mistakes....Add in RGIII....

Looks like our chances at getting Goff increased a little......I hope.
Cleveland owns the #2 pick...and if I know Hue Jackson....He's grabbing Goff asap