49ers could tell what the routes were

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...be-rams-backup-this-week?campaign=Twitter_atn

Screenshot_20160914-092924.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Paging Mike Groh ... are you there, Mike Groh? Hello? Passing game coordinator?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Question... What is Groh's role in the offense? He was brought in to bolster our passing attack, and it makes we wonder how much input he has regarding our passing game, because what we saw Monday is no different than what we saw in 2015. Even if we have inferior WR's and a weak arm QB, there are many ways to make the passing game effective.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question... What is Groh's role in the offense? He was brought in to bolster our passing attack, and it makes we wonder how much input he has regarding our passing game, because what we saw Monday is no different than what we saw in 2015. Even if we have inferior WR's and a weak arm QB, there are many ways to make the passing game effective.
Yea I'm sure how that works because doesn't the OC call the plays?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Yea I'm sure how that works because doesn't the OC call the plays?
I would think as they game plan through the week, Boras and Groh discuss the passing game and what they think will work. I would also think he allows Groh significant input and allows him to develop plays specific to the passing game. Then as the game goes on adjustments, in the passing game, are made by both. I'm sure Boras has final say in what they do. The only change I've seen so far is running more out of the shot gun than under center.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not hard to figure out 3yrd patterns all game. fkn genius :deadhorse:
i was going to say route tress ? more like route sticks ...pretty much every throw was a pass into the flat or a hook

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
How is our offense this bad in 2016? there are offensive genius's out there and we are throwing slants, come backs and fades. Other teams are running double and triple routes, that's why they get open and make big plays. Chip Kelly's offense has a lot less talent and they looked pretty damn good. I just don't know anymore ! I always supported our coaches but I cant take another year being the worst offense when we have 30 and 11 on the field.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Same routes since OTA's...Same vanilla since last year....I thought the dbl outs to the same side with the same depth was an accident....but we've been doing that since pre-season....if anyone doesn't thinks that this staff is incompetent and really out of it's league at this moment....

Listen, a few people on the titanic saw the water rushing in, and thought it was a Jacuzzi too....

Psycho_X

Legend
3 different OC's same result. You guys do the math.

Hell it even goes past Fisher with Pat Shurmur and Spags. We have had what? 8 years of offensive incompetence now? In 2016 where offense is basically handed to teams in the NFL as a gimmee. Just completely asinine.

Scott Linehan was a tool but at least he knows how to run an offense. Sad when I'm pining for the days of Scott Linehan. Jesus I hope a miracle happens soon.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I said it then and I'll say it now, why oh why didn't we go after norv turner when we had the chance.

Now we have to hope that the offensive play calling goes through some miraculous metamorphosis in a very short time.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Hell it even goes past Fisher with Pat Shurmur and Spags. We have had what? 8 years of offensive incompetence now? In 2016 where offense is basically handed to teams in the NFL as a gimmee. Just completely asinine.

Scott Linehan was a tool but at least he knows how to run an offense. Sad when I'm pining for the days of Scott Linehan. Jesus I hope a miracle happens soon.

I feel your pain. I've been following the Rams since the 80's and we've only had 4 good seasons. People make fun of the Browns but we're right there with them. Maybe worse.

You also bring up a good point. in 2016 offenses are flourishing because of all the rules the front office has set up to make the league more entertaining. It's mind boggling to say the least.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yep.

Fisher started off on the wrong foot with the Rams when he hired Schotty over Hue Jackson. We've been paying for it ever since.

I'm curious as to weather or not Jackson would have had his offense tampered with under Fisher.