49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Honestly are you whacked. How dare you try and pin anything on the defense???
?????? You don't have that lead or not in any position to win were it not for the defense. You can't penalize the defense for putting itself offensively and defensivery in position to win the game when your offense which is supposed to do anything and I mean anything just a first down or two and it's probably a different outcome. I mean like seriously talk about looking at it from one side. Selfishly I would have wanted the defense to be perfect to and "do there job" but what was the job of the offense to do nothing and watch the defense? Or even better turn the ball over numerous times and of course one better put points on the board for the whiners. Yea damn that defense they really blew it. If only they could have played offense too oh wait they scored as many touchdowns as the offense and if you take the pick 6 on the offense the defense actually out score the offense. So yea please forgive me if I don't quite see it like you small picture perfect world yes the robot defense should have held them but big picture our offense was a pop gun and was completely the reason we lost this game.
Answer this simple question. Was it the offense or the defense who let nick mullens march down the field to tie game and then do it again to win it all while having a chance to stop them on 4th and 1? Who was it? Just answer the question.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Goff had three fumbles and 2 picks in that Steeler game. That was when he lost me.

Even with the officiating the Rams D kept the team in it for four quarters. That Steeler defense was tough, but they weren't elite. All we needed was one TD from our offense, and Goff couldn't provide it.

That's what today felt like to me.

Goff didn’t play well in that game but he played well enough to win it. The refs sealed the deal.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Goff is JAG. If we can swindle the Chargers to trade Goff for Justin Herbert, that would be sweet.

As for McVay, he is too predictable and can be figured out. No way is McVay going to have the Rams in the playoffs with the shit show that is on display today.

The Niners can definitely say SOSAR because the Rams are the Niners bitches.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I only saw the last 5 minutes. It sounds like it took McVay way too long to switch up to the inside zone runs. Why is he so reluctant to do that every game when with some defenses it is clearly the way to go. Sales knows to focus his defense on the outside zone runs because McVay lives there. Make the opposing D play the entire field.

Get some better Olinemen too. They need another dominant guy inside like Quentin Nelson or a guy with McGlinchey’s ability to lean on in short yardage. This line has Whitworth and nothing great after that.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Answer this simple question. Was it the offense or the defense who let nick mullens march down the field to tie game and then do it again to win it all while having a chance to stop them on 4th and 1? Who was it? Just answer the question.

I'm just going to lmfaoooooo to that. Your right my bad it's the defenses fault ....why don't you put up a poll. I'm crying I don't know if your joking or serious but I surrender. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Lmfaoooooooo...yes to answer your question the defense gave up the 4th and 1. Now excuse me as I listen to the 3rd radio show that's ripping goff and the offense ....it's 2 am here lol

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll predicate what I’m about to say with this

Goff was ducking awful yesterday ... but sadly this game isn’t played in a microcosm

He had zero run game 2.5 yards per carry at one point ... yes the D did enough to get us back in it but ultimately failed when we needed them most

What really boils my piss is that next week goffs could go out get 600 yards and 8tds and he still wouldn’t get credit for the win .. y’all wanna bash when he is bad and disappear when he has a good game

The whiners are gonna be sitting at home in January while we are prepping for the playoffs let them have their two wins a year against us ... yes goff was bad awful yes he has a lot of turnovers ... blah blah blah ...but like I said for a team who kill teams using play action bootlegs and the like to try and do it with 2.5 yards per run play is not gonna happen .. win as a team lose as a team

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I'm just going to lmfaoooooo to that. Your right my bad it's the defenses fault ....why don't you put up a poll. I'm crying I don't know if your joking or serious but I surrender. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Lmfaoooooooo...yes to answer your question the defense gave up the 4th and 1. Now excuse me as I listen to the 3rd radio show that's ripping goff and the offense ....it's 2 am here lol
I don't need to put up a poll to know what's fact and everything I said was 100% correct. The defense gave up the lead. Offense was terrible but we still could've won the game if the defense stopped them on the last two drives. That's not narrative that's fact. The one trying drive home a narrative is you.

Marc Spector

Rookie
I’ll predicate what I’m about to say with this

Goff was ducking awful yesterday ... but sadly this game isn’t played in a microcosm

He had zero run game 2.5 yards per carry at one point ... yes the D did enough to get us back in it but ultimately failed when we needed them most

What really boils my piss is that next week goffs could go out get 600 yards and 8tds and he still wouldn’t get credit for the win .. y’all wanna bash when he is bad and disappear when he has a good game

The whiners are gonna be sitting at home in January while we are prepping for the playoffs let them have their two wins a year against us ... yes goff was bad awful yes he has a lot of turnovers ... blah blah blah ...but like I said for a team who kill teams using play action bootlegs and the like to try and do it with 2.5 yards per run play is not gonna happen .. win as a team lose as a team

At this point we are not a lock for the Offs as the Vikings are surging and we have yet to play the Cards yet. NOt to mention the Bucs have a far easier schedule ahead of them.

BUt id llike to add....after Cam surged to get us the go ahead touchdown. Mcvay scripted the Offense to throw because Sf was going to have to stay home in respect to the run.

As it turns out, our passing attack was *still* ass, so all the work run did was for naught,

SO i think its kinda crap to blame the running attack.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I don't need to put up a poll to know what's fact and everything I said was 100% correct. The defense gave up the lead. Offense was terrible but we still could've won the game if the defense stopped them on the last two drives. That's not narrative that's fact. The one trying drive home a narrative is you.

Lmfaoooooooo accept the narrative that the defense put themselves in a position to win. So your right they the defense let themselves down because they were the only ones to show up on a short week. If I were the offense I'd give the defense a peace my mind and McVay too he should let staley have it. Yup I see it now if only the defense keeps it tied maybe we go to overtime and that damn defense can muster up another score for gods sake. I mean jeezez how pathetic. Yea we don't need a poll I see it your way 100% . Hopefully next week the defense can play better defensively and offensively and score at least 14 points. I mean AdD does make qb money so yea I've come around.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lmfaoooooooo accept the narrative that the defense put themselves in a position to win. So your right they the defense let themselves down because they were the only ones to show up on a short week. If I were the offense I'd give the defense a peace my mind and McVay too he should let staley have it. Yup I see it now if only the defense keeps it tied maybe we go to overtime and that damn defense can muster up another score for gods sake. I mean jeezez how pathetic. Yea we don't need a poll I see it your way 100% . Hopefully next week the defense can play better defensively and offensively and score at least 14 points. I mean AdD does make qb money so yea I've come around.

You know that the offense playing like shit and the defense blowing the lead when it counted can both be true. The offense played like shit. The defense played well, but it didn't stand up and stop SF when it mattered. That was their backup QB. Letting him drive the field twice after we took a 4th quarter lead is well below their abilities. I doubt anybody on the defense or Staley is happy about that. Frankly, Staley made a huge mistake not putting Ramsey on Samuel on the final drive. If we took away that matchup, I think it goes to OT, and I like our chances in OT.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You know that the offense playing like shit and the defense blowing the lead when it counted can both be true. The offense played like shit. The defense played well, but it didn't stand up and stop SF when it mattered. That was their backup QB. Letting him drive the field twice after we took a 4th quarter lead is well below their abilities. I doubt anybody on the defense or Staley is happy about that. Frankly, Staley made a huge mistake not putting Ramsey on Samuel on the final drive. If we took away that matchup, I think it goes to OT, and I like our chances in OT.

That's at least logical but to attack the defense (not you) is ridiculous. And I am not happy I'm sure none of us a happy but realistically it was a short week the defens score as many tds as the offense actually more if you negate it with goffs pick six so the defense actually had more touchdowns. In a perfect world yes we want that stop but on short week no kiser and the offense not even being able to give the defense a moment to breath 3 and out ,issued throw to woods etc. under normal circumstances I agree say the game had gone the same exact way but on the last Rams offensive possession they get like 3 first downs but need to punt and then the defense blows it. I could then come over to that side but when your offense holds the ball for basically no time and the defense is rt back on the field not once but twice.
Excuse my French but I don't know how else to put it but the defense kind of blew there load with gettin the team in position to win or at least by them some time. Don't forget even the Rams scoring drive with the Akers run was a quick kind of strike cause one play 60yds. So no breather there either.

Now all that said I'd like to think positive as well but what on earth would make us think if it went to overtime the offense would win us the game in this particular game????we probably would of been depending on the defense again lol.

TexasRam

Legend
Some of you act like Great QB's never struggle vs top defenses.

Remember when Kurt Warner got his ass handed to him by Philly and we had to win the playoff game running with Faulk though it was a hit to Martz Pride?

Remember when we dam near lost to Tampa in the NFC Championship before a miracle Proehl catch? We had 5 points total before that catch.

Remember when Manning got his ass handed to him by Sherman in the Super Bowl?

Remember last week when you watched Tom Brady?

Remember every game Lamar Jackson played this year?

Sometimes it seems the Goff haters are 13 year olds that don't have any context of how top defense commonly shut down QB's.

Yea I'm pissed Goff didn't protect the ball today. But put the shit in context.

Marc Spector

Rookie
Some of you act like Great QB's never struggle vs top defenses.

Remember when Kurt Warner got his ass handed to him by Philly and we had to win the playoff game running with Faulk though it was a hit to Martz Pride?

Remember when we dam near lost to Tampa in the NFC Championship before a miracle Proehl catch? We had 5 points total before that catch.

Remember when Manning got his ass handed to him by Sherman in the Super Bowl?

Remember last week when you watched Tom Brady?

Remember every game Lamar Jackson played this year?

Sometimes it seems the Goff haters are 13 year olds that don't have any context of how top defense commonly shut down QB's.

Yea I'm pissed Goff didn't protect the ball today. But put the shit in context.

Jared cant put together 3 good games in a row, much less an entire regular season that Lamar, Kurt, Tom, and Peyton have so this is a reach of a comparison. Thats the essential problem with Goff. His lows arent lows, but are more the average of his play. His good games against solid defenses are exceptions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared cant put together 3 good games in a row, much less an entire regular season that Lamar, Kurt, Tom, and Peyton have so this is a reach of a comparison. Thats the essential problem with Goff. His lows arent lows, but are more the average of his play. His good games against solid defenses are exceptions.

Not a single thing you said is right. Goff certainly hasn't matched the highs of Warner, Manning, and Brady. But those guys are all HOF QBs, and Goff isn't even yet in his prime. His lows are not the average of his play, and he has put together good seasons in the past. In fact, let's talk numbers. Here are the 2017 and 2018 regular seasons COMBINED for two QBs:
QB A
24-8 record
760/1151
66.0%
8932 passing yards
7.8 YPA
61 passing TDs
5.3% TD%
19 Ints
1.7% Int%
100.2 Passer Rating

QB B
24-7 record
660/1038
63.6%
8492 passing yards
8.2 YPA
60 passing TDs
5.8% TD%
19 Ints
1.8% Int%
100.8 Passer Rating

I imagine you want to know whom these two QBs are. QB A is Tom Brady. QB B is Jared Goff. That's right. Goff put up essentially identical numbers to Brady over the totality 2017 and 2018 regular seasons. Cut the kid a break. Let's see how he finishes this year. I think he's going to play quite well down the stretch. He has his inconsistencies, but he's not yet in his prime.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
There’s always good teams that ride out average QBs until the teams bad then dump Them to be second string or a hopeful starter else where. Jared’s going to end up somewhere like Cleveland when they give up on baker and draft another first rounder.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Not a single thing you said is right. Goff certainly hasn't matched the highs of Warner, Manning, and Brady. But those guys are all HOF QBs, and Goff isn't even yet in his prime. His lows are not the average of his play, and he has put together good seasons in the past. In fact, let's talk numbers. Here are the 2017 and 2018 regular seasons COMBINED for two QBs:
QB A
24-8 record
760/1151
66.0%
8932 passing yards
7.8 YPA
61 passing TDs
5.3% TD%
19 Ints
1.7% Int%
100.2 Passer Rating

QB B
24-7 record
660/1038
63.6%
8492 passing yards
8.2 YPA
60 passing TDs
5.8% TD%
19 Ints
1.8% Int%
100.8 Passer Rating

I imagine you want to know whom these two QBs are. QB A is Tom Brady. QB B is Jared Goff. That's right. Goff put up essentially identical numbers to Brady over the totality 2017 and 2018 regular seasons. Cut the kid a break. Let's see how he finishes this year. I think he's going to play quite well down the stretch. He has his inconsistencies, but he's not yet in his prime.
This doesn’t matter when you’re talking to the ppl watching the games.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A Super Bowl seems highly improbable under Goff/McVay unless we have:

A top 3 O-Line

Phenomenal run game to propel the PA/bootleg

A top 5 defense

...and a sprinkling of good luck

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

here's an idea, why don't you protest by not watching the rams play while goff is the qb. you don't need the frustration. haha, lamar. have you seen him play this year? seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.