49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Goff didn’t play well in that game but he played well enough to win it. The refs sealed the deal.

That's not how I remember it. Defense kept stopping the Steelers and giving the ball back to the offense which did nothing but sputter all day. 15 possessions and they scored three points.

TexasRam

Legend
Jared cant put together 3 good games in a row, much less an entire regular season that Lamar, Kurt, Tom, and Peyton have so this is a reach of a comparison. Thats the essential problem with Goff. His lows arent lows, but are more the average of his play. His good games against solid defenses are exceptions.

Oh is that right? How many Super Bowls has Lamar made? Zero. He has thrown over 250 yards one time all year. That's worse then most backups. Not bad for a RB. Terrible for a QB. Peyton Manning didn't make a Super Bowl until year 10. Then he followed that with getting shutout by the Seahawks. Tom Brady never had over 28 TD passes or 100 QB rating until year 7. Goff did that year 1 and 2. In fact Goff was the youngest player in NFL history to win an NFC Championship. And he did this without a Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison or a cheating Coach with a #1 defense. Kurt Warner had 3 Pro Bowlers around him. Holt, Bruce, Faulk and was 29 years old.

Context bro.

It's not like Goff has a Gurley that can take a dump off and run past everyone for a TD when the game is close. But when he did his offense was leading the NFL and he was 24 years old. When there is no running game and no Elite WR's it's going to be rough at times despite how good Goff is.

And last week says Hi. Where Goff utterly outplayed Tom. That same Tom with 3 Pro Bowlers and potential Hall of Famers to throw to while Goff was equipped with a guy that was a Jag before Goff (Woods), a 3rd round slot guy (Kupp), a 4th round backup (Reynolds) and a backup RB (Brown).

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame
Peyton Manning didn't make a Super Bowl until year 10. Then he followed that with getting shutout by the Seahawks. Tom Brady never had over 28 TD passes or 100 QB rating until year 7. Goff did that year 1 and 2.

Do you really think Goff is better than Brady and Peyton?? Please tell me you're not serious, how can people post shit like this without getting called out? You can write 4 whole pages of stats that show he's played better, but anyone with two eyes and a brain will say Goff isn't even close. Shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those two. You're talking about two of the best QBs to ever walk the earth, and Goff is literally playing like one of the worst QBs in the league right now.

These are the type of posts around here that truly blow my mind. Peyton manning and Tom brady comparisons :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:. The guy got outplayed today by Nick fucking Mullins.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point we are not a lock for the Offs as the Vikings are surging and we have yet to play the Cards yet. NOt to mention the Bucs have a far easier schedule ahead of them.

BUt id llike to add....after Cam surged to get us the go ahead touchdown. Mcvay scripted the Offense to throw because Sf was going to have to stay home in respect to the run.

As it turns out, our passing attack was *still* ass, so all the work run did was for naught,

SO i think its kinda crap to blame the running attack.
I’m not blaming the run game I’m saying lack of one didn’t help

1 long ass run no matter how good it was does not a run game make ... if goff had thrown a TD yesterday ... people would rightly say he still had a bad game ... that 80 odd yard run bumped the average up ... take that away and the run game was ass ..

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
team sport.

would have been nice if goff didn't make 3 bonehead turnovers.

would have been nice if the defense could stop the back up qb at the end of the game to close the deal.

For the game the defense gave up 16 points, scored 7 and forced 3 turnovers - better averages than any defense has this year.

It would have been nice, but overall the defense played great and Goff played terribly

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's really odd that people seem to downplaying Woods and Kupp when they're leading the NFL in YAC for the last two years.

They are, quite literally, taking a dump off and then gaining yards on their own.

In three years under McVay, Gurley had an 80 yard screen pass TD against the Titans, a 60 yard TD run against Seattle, a 30 yard TD catch and run against the Packers - that's it for explosive TD plays. He had a slew of plays exactly like what Cam Akers had - 40-50 yards that gets tackled prior to the end zone.

Kupp has also had a lot of those.

Kupp actually has as many explosive TD plays over those three years as Gurley, with less games played.

So saying he doesn't have a Gurley to "xyz" doesn't really matter. We just had the longest run of the McVay era yesterday, and Kupp has actually been the most explosive offensive player for the Rams under McVay.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the game the defense gave up 16 points, scored 7 and forced 3 turnovers - better averages than any defense has this year.

It would have been nice, but overall the defense played great and Goff played terribly

nobody is saying anything differently.

but when crunch time came goff led the offense down the field and scored a td. his handoffs to akers were spot on. he didn't screw up one of them.

crunch time for the defense and they folded like a cheap tent, letting the backup qb get the whiners into fg range to tie the game up. then again to win the game.

i'm not condemning the defense, just saying what happened.

also, why did mcvay go so pass happy on the last drive? goff was having trouble with accuracy all game. wouldn't it have been prudent to let akers continue running? take some time off the clock, make sure the whiners didn't have over two minutes to score if the drive stalled?

team sport.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
nobody is saying anything differently.

but when crunch time came goff led the offense down the field and scored a td. his handoffs to akers were spot on. he didn't screw up one of them.

crunch time for the defense and they folded like a cheap tent, letting the backup qb get the whiners into fg range to tie the game up. then again to win the game.

i'm not condemning the defense, just saying what happened.

also, why did mcvay go so pass happy on the last drive? goff was having trouble with accuracy all game. wouldn't it have been prudent to let akers continue running? take some time off the clock, make sure the whiners didn't have over two minutes to score if the drive stalled?

team sport.

Did you.....did you just say Goff led the offense down the field and scored a TD? Handoffs??

.... speechless

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you.....did you just say Goff led the offense down the field and scored a TD? Handoffs??

.... speechless

yes, isn't that what happened? it wasn't the wildcat out there. the offense did their job. did they not?

dang

Legend
There have been quite a few surprising games this year in the NFL. The Rams have lost in at least 2 of those (Miami, SF2). The Rams offense being hot and cold being the main culprit. Goff in the pocket is nerve racking. Goff on the move is effective. Defenses selling out against the run and shutting down Kupp seems to be the magic recipe. Someone (Reynolds, Higbee, Everett, Akers, Henderson) needs to become a much bigger part of the passing game or the Rams will continue to run Cold way too often.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that Reynolds needs to ride pine. His lackluster effort was on full blast yesterday, and that was not the first time for sure

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A Super Bowl seems highly improbable under Goff/McVay unless we have:

A top 3 O-Line

Phenomenal run game to propel the PA/bootleg

A top 5 defense

...and a sprinkling of good luck
Without these, a Superbowl is unlikely for any team.

You dont see many bad olines and bad defenses in the Superbowl. If any at all.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Do you really think Goff is better than Brady and Peyton?? Please tell me you're not serious, how can people post shit like this without getting called out? You can write 4 whole pages of stats that show he's played better, but anyone with two eyes and a brain will say Goff isn't even close. Shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those two. You're talking about two of the best QBs to ever walk the earth, and Goff is literally playing like one of the worst QBs in the league right now.

These are the type of posts around here that truly blow my mind. Peyton manning and Tom brady comparisons :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:. The guy got outplayed today by Nick fucking Mullins.
You should actually read his post before replying to it.
It makes sense once you actually read it.

You are taking his post out of context, because you have your mind made up that you don't want to believe it.

Suit yourself. You missed a good post.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I fucking despise the 49ers. I wish them nothing but the worst. Staley not fucking putting Ramsey on Deebo gave them the GW FG. Goff's fucking shit play cost us the win.

All that said Mcvay need to slow that last series down. 2nd & 5 at Rams 44 with 2:29 left he needs to run the ball.Slow the game down there.
Ward was Outstanding.

The no huddle was good up until then,but it added panic. The Rams are in control.The Rams don’t need the ball back.There D”Line was wearing down.Akers was having a little coming out party especially after scoring his first NFL rushing TD & his longest NFL a play or 2 earlier.
A field goal wins the game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Without these, a Superbowl is unlikely for any team.

You dont see many bad olines and bad defenses in the Superbowl. If any at all.

The turnovers should not be held on the Offensive Line. Henderson is a tough RB,but his vision at times is very questionable.It like how can you not see that hole. Malcom Brown is a better RB,but comes in question after his fumble.Henderson is more talented & Cam Akers is the Youngest player on the team.He is just getting started & ready to add his TD total Big Time.
Maybe the Offensive Line is not there,but the foundation & depth is.It should only get better as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The turnovers should not be held on the Offensive Line. Henderson is a tough RB,but his vision at times is very questionable.It like how can you not see that hole. Malcom Brown is a better RB,but comes in question after his fumble.Henderson is more talented & Cam Akers is the Youngest player on the team.He is just getting started & ready to add his TD total Big Time.
Maybe the Offensive Line is not there,but the foundation & depth is.It should only get better as well.
I'm up and down with all 3.
I honestly don't trust any of them to handle a full load without getting hurt. Thats just me, though.

As far as vision. They all seem fairly similar they all seem to miss holes from time to time. I saw Hendy run into a wall yesterday when he had a hole to his left. I've seen Brown and Akers do the same. They're possibly just running to the assigned gap?

I still have yet to see one of our back clearly set themselves apart.
I would much prefer we pick one and let them take a majority of the carries. Not all, but a lead back. (Even with my durability concerns)
I do believe that running backs tend to get better, as they get into the feel and rhythm of a game.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Ah, my bad...it only feels like 5 straight haha

for me it is starting to feel like 55 straight. that maybe because of all the teams the whinners are far and away my most hated team so it seems worse than it really is.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that Reynolds needs to ride pine. His lackluster effort was on full blast yesterday, and that was not the first time for sure
I can’t believe that he hasn’t been called out by the coaches. It’s so obvious that it can’t be overlooked. Go back and watch his lack of effort on the Miami fumble return. He was 3 yards behind when the ball was scooped up. He trotted the length of the field. Ass to bench is where he should be

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
and? did you go and ask wussell about his game against the rams? he's your wonderboy.
Wilson is certainly not my wonderboy. Hate him as a person. I wish injury on him every game he plays.
But as an NFL quarterback, Wilson is reliable 19 times out of 20.

Can't say the same for a certain fumbling bumbling $35 million dollar Los Angeles QB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm up and down with all 3.
I honestly don't trust any of them to handle a full load without getting hurt. Thats just me, though.

As far as vision. They all seem fairly similar they all seem to miss holes from time to time. I saw Hendy run into a wall yesterday when he had a hole to his left. I've seen Brown and Akers do the same. They're possibly just running to the assigned gap?

I still have yet to see one of our back clearly set themselves apart.
I would much prefer we pick one and let them take a majority of the carries. Not all, but a lead back. (Even with my durability concerns)
I do believe that running backs tend to get better, as they get into the feel and rhythm of a game.

That Akers run was huge.Why Mcvay didn’t run him on a 2nd 5 on the last series was hard to understand only because he & the O”Line were establishing control.

Status
Not open for further replies.