3rd Round | Pick 72, Rams select: T Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
When I watched it live, I didn't like his former coaches body language (NFL network feed) but after rewatching it, coach is just a bit nervous or awkward on TV and seemed to have good feelings towards the kid ... a good singer.

I like the pick - the Rams investing up front - hallelujah!

IMO, they really need to get rid of the college coaches from the main set full time and go to them from time to time on another set like they do with the others.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Awesome!! Did some research on Brown when I was mocking for the Titans, the guy is a big chunk of o-line, will be great on the inside of the line, I think I'd put him between GRob and Jones. I'm loving our o-line now :)

Robinson // Brown // Jones // Saffold // Havenstein

C'mon guys, gotta love that line up, young enough to stick around for 10 years, work as a team and grow as a unit - I'm well pleased with this year's draft!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
young enough to stick around for 10 years

That's what I wanted from this draft, an OL which will grow together and gel together, we might struggle early, but it should eventually pay off (assuming they're good players, they could just suck).

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've
That's what I wanted from this draft, an OL which will grow together and gel together, we might struggle early, but it should eventually pay off (assuming they're good players, they could just suck).
seen a lot of Brown (on tape) and he looks like a beast, have to be honest I've not seen a lot of Havenstein, but let's hope he's going to be a great!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Awesome!! Did some research on Brown when I was mocking for the Titans, the guy is a big chunk of o-line, will be great on the inside of the line, I think I'd put him between GRob and Jones. I'm loving our o-line now :)

Robinson // Brown // Jones // Saffold // Havenstein

C'mon guys, gotta love that line up, young enough to stick around for 10 years, work as a team and grow as a unit - I'm well pleased with this year's draft!

Damn, that OL will be sick to run behind. That left side is HUGE. GRob and JBrown? Along with the construction firm of Saffold and Havenstein paving the road for Gurley, Mason et al on the right side?

Man oh man.... just like in BJJ, it's all about the Ground Game!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Word is... the Rams are now forced into aquiring a much bigger team plane after this pick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rams new team plane...

Top deck is just for the OL...

BIGGEST-PLANE8.jpg

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Fisher didn't do well being half in on a ground N pound...looks like he's all in now. 'Bout time! Funny thing is it will help the passing game too.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I've

seen a lot of Brown (on tape) and he looks like a beast, have to be honest I've not seen a lot of Havenstein, but let's hope he's going to be a great!
Have any sources of game video of Brown? I'm not finding much of anything.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is my favorite pick moves inside to LG and is a mauler at the point of attack. Big fan good offense and was recruited by Charley Strong who I have high regard for....Ground & Pound behind Robinson & Brown!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Robinson//Brown// Jones//Saffold//Havenstein

I like the effort....

I've not seen a lot of Havenstein, but let's hope he's going to be a great!
I have watched a bunch of Wisconsin and Havenstein. He's a good player, I will be interested if his lack of athletic ability will hurt him at this level. I don't see him starting right away. I do see Brown being able to start, but don't know if he would either.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Good pick!

Here @ the ROD forum have held discussions as the the great desires that Paul Boudreau demands in his OL'ers. 3rd round pick Jamon Brown, we see PB hand marks all over him. Guess we have a new JB in the Ram clubhouse now.

#1- JB has outstanding NCAA EXPERIENCE. Over the last three seasons has started & finished 39 games.

#2- JB is STURDY . JB has Never missed any games due to any injury.

#3- JB is VERSATILE. While most of his 39 starts was @ OLT [#26] JB is a serious swinger (& Singer) due to the odd offense he played in where they played both OT posts through-out the every game. JB also has played both OG posts in many occasions & looks to be more of an NFL interior OLG/ORG than OLT/ORT but could be a ORT candidate easy enough. But it should be repeated he was a LEFT OT the last two seasons.

JB sure has the appearance to be in the running early @ both guard posts & the right tackle with the Rams. ESPN has already listed JB as a OG. A few days ago the Rams had two suspect ORT's on the roster named Reynolds & Baker now you can add two names....Rob Havenstein & Jamon Brown.