3rd Round | Pick 72, Rams select: T Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No clue about this guy. Never heard his name.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he played LT, but probably a guard at the next level - but should be able to swing outside if needed. Useful, versatile player who's strong. Good beef, in other words who will provide depth in 2015. Still would go with a vet signing for LG this season, though.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
bubbarubb.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jamon-brown?id=2552340

OT/JAMON BROWN
LOUISVILLE ACC

6' 4" 323 lbs

OVERVIEW
2014: Second-team All-ACC. Started all 13 games at LT. 2013: First-team All-AAC. Started all 13 games at LT. 2012: Started all 13 games at RT. 2011: Played in nine games with one start.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 5.09 seconds
Vertical jump: 28 inches
Broad jump: 8 feet, 7 inches
Short shuttle: 4.7 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.36 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Thick, wide frame. "Run-around" defenders have a long way to go to get around him. Adequate power in lower half to get initial push. Quicker than expected out of stance and with initial steps. Can beat defender to the spot as position blocker. Play speed will be a plus inside. Straight-line mover in space with potential to be effective blocker on inside zone plays from guard spot. Has experience at both tackle spots and at guard. Uses club move to initiate movement.

WEAKNESSES
Doesn't consistently unlock power. Has length but doesn't use it. Slow to process stunts. Struggles when defender gets to his edge. Overextends and loses assignment in pass sets. Lowers head like battering ram at punch point. Below-average recovery and redirect talent when beaten. Scouts believe conditioning is a legitimate concern for him late in games. Puts skates on when headed to second level. Must play with more body control.

DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 4 or 5

SOURCES TELL US
"He could go much higher than anyone thinks because he'll be on boards as a tackle or as a guard. He can move and he has some power so he will hit more teams draft boards than some of the other guys in the draft." - NFC Executive

NFL COMPARISON
Dallas Thomas

BOTTOM LINE
Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
So he played LT, but probably a guard at the next level - but should be able to swing outside if needed. Useful, versatile player who's strong. Good beef, in other words who will provide depth in 2015. Still would go with a vet signing for LG this season, though.

Sounds like he's played all over on the line.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
....and he's freaking wide af, that's a quality that I like for OG's. We are bout to run people over. We just need a center!

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams wanted Hroniss Grasu before the Bears grabbed him. Kinda sucks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
dnno.gif

One of the few guys I just haven't seen much of. Guess I'll have to watch some games of him tonight.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He flashed for me when I was watching Miller, and I came away liking him more. He's big, athletic, has long arms, will be a Guard, but has excellent leg drive at contact. Needs some coaching, but he was one of the guys I wanted in the 3rd - 4th. Really high SPARQ score if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Stel

Starter
He's the guy I saw when I watched a Louisville game that moved from LOT to ROT and back every other play. It was weird. He's a road grader. Probably best inside but could probably cover ROT in a pinch. Not athletic enough to play LOT.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We've added 644 lbs of beef to the line so far....

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Looks like he was projected pretty low. Hope we got 2 good players today. Only time will tell.

FRO

Legend
We will have a huge offensive line with Robinson, Saffold, Havenstein, and Brown all being 320 plus.