2024 NY Yankees thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Making plays in the field, drawing walks, hitting the ball. Should be a good year.

But I gotta ask, WTF is up with that OXY patch on the Astros jersey? Occidental Petrolium doesn't have an X in it. OXY? Really? Only in Texas!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We can make this our 2024 Yankees thread?
Soto has been must see so far
Stanton looks like he couldnt get a hit in tee ball
Rodon is going to be really good
Verdugo gives 200%

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We can make this our 2024 Yankees thread?
Yes. Somebody change the title!
Soto has been must see so far
Stanton looks like he couldnt get a hit in tee ball
Rodon is going to be really good
Verdugo gives 200%
Not to mention Oswaldo and Volpe look improved. I watched the first two games and I'm telling my daughter, I don't know that guy (Jahmai Jones) or that guy (Clayton Beeter) or that guy (Victor Gonzalez) or that guy (Caleb Ferguson). Hey I knew Soto, Verdugo and Burdi. :laugh4:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Since all the other mods bleed Dodger Blue, I got this
Gotta stick together!!! Thanks.

So would you like a Dodgers/Yankees World Series as much as me? Would be a lot of fun with our fellow Ram fans!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
4-0
Soto is gonna get PAID
Hopefully by the Yanks....

But yeah 4-0. What do they say? "You can't win it all in April (March in this case) but you sure as hell can lose it".

0-4? It's gonna be interesting to see how long it takes a good team like Houston to get over .500. Late April?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So let me get this straight......

Torres, Judge, Stanton and Rizzo are a combined 11 for 60 (.183) with 3 doubles and a homer, 8 runs and 3 rbi but the Yankees swept the Astros?????? In another thread I asked what other weird shit can happen.....Easter in March, a Solar Eclipse, AD retiring and McVay drafting defense......I guess we can add a sweep of the Astros to that list!!!!

....and as I suggested in that other thread, a sweep of the niners!!! :laugh4:

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Gotta stick together!!! Thanks.

So would you like a Dodgers/Yankees World Series as much as me? Would be a lot of fun with our fellow Ram fans!
Sure would be fine by me so long as the Dodgers win it.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Sure would be fine by me so long as the Dodgers win it.
I said Yankees/Dodgers World Series. You guys are 3-8 vs the Yankees in the World Series! The big question is: can you overcome an Ohtani suspension? I kid, I kid.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I said Yankees/Dodgers World Series. You guys are 3-8 vs the Yankees in the World Series! The big question is: can you overcome an Ohtani suspension? I kid, I kid.
Been a long time since the Yanks won a WS let alone an AL Pennant.

Id like our chances....

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Been a long time since the Yanks won a WS let alone an AL Pennant.

Id like our chances....
Sure you do. But let's examine things honestly for a second. The Yankees last won in 2009. The Dodgers last won in 2020. But the Dodgers have lost 2 World Series and 3 NLCS the last 11 years. Which means??? They've had a viable Championship team at 6 of the last 11 years but only 1 World Championship. I like your chances to get there though. :biggrin: The Yankees (on average) win two out of every 3 times they get there. I like our chances.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Sure you do. But let's examine things honestly for a second. The Yankees last won in 2009. The Dodgers last won in 2020. But the Dodgers have lost 2 World Series and 3 NLCS the last 11 years. Which means??? They've had a viable Championship team at 6 of the last 11 years but only 1 World Championship. I like your chances to get there though. :biggrin: The Yankees (on average) win two out of every 3 times they get there. I like our chances.
Do we really count losing in 2017?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Do we really count losing in 2017?
Houston has knocked the Yankees out of the playoffs 4 times in the last 9 years. Sure they cheated but I'm not crying.....anymore. :biggrin: It is what it is. We can examine things and what if's but it doesn't change anything. Like if Bob Lemon doesn't lift Tommy John for a pinch hitter in the 4th inning of a 1-1 game 6 back in 1981, do the Dodgers even win that series? Probably had Guidry coming back on 3 days rest in game 7....14 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 15 K

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Do you really count winning in 2020?
The Dodgers have won 3 World Series in the last 58 years. 1 was in the strike shortened 1981 season and 1 was in the covid season of 2020. They might as well be the Redskins of baseball!!!