2024 NY Yankees thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
The Dodgers have won 3 World Series in the last 58 years. 1 was in the strike shortened 1981 season and 1 was in the covid season of 2020. They might as well be the Redskins of baseball!!!

Yeah I guess no one tried those years either.....

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
2009 is a long time ago fellas. I know yall won a lot prior to 1958.......not so much anymore.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I guess no one tried those years either.....
Oh stop!!!! :biggrin:

The Dodgers are a historical franchise dating back to before your great grandfather was born (probably). They are MLB's first West Coast Team (because they couldn't compete with that A.L. team in NYC :unsure:). They have produced some great teams. Who can forget that 77 squad with 4 guys hitting 30 hrs +? Or that 78 squad with four 15 game winners on the staff? Of course there were other not-so-memorable events too. Like Willie Davis making 3 errors in one inning in game two of the 1966 World Series. Or Mickey Owen's passed ball on strike 3 (and what would have been the final out) in game 4 of the 1941 World Series. If he catches it, the Dodgers win and the series is tied at 2 each. Instead the Yankees go on to score 4 runs, take the lead and win the series the next day. Owen was a great catcher (Mickey Mantle was named after him), 4 time all star and All Star MVP but that wasn't something fans ever forgot.

Hey man, this is all in good fun. Trash talking between Yankee and Dodger fans. I would love to see another Yankees/Dodgers World Series....the greatest city in the country vs the greatest city on the West Coast! See how I did that? :biggrin:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats what losers say, because they didnt win....
Not really, just when a baby cries out about "2017" it stands to reason that their hypocrisy needs to be called out for winning in an exhibition.
I get it though, when you havent won in nearly 50 years, you take what you can get

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
All right Ill let you Yankees fans battle it out....

2020 was real, it was great, I was in Texas when they won. Probably the hardest WS to ever be won....

See yall later.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Not really, just when a baby cries out about "2017" it stands to reason that their hypocrisy needs to be called out for winning in an exhibition.
I get it though, when you havent won in nearly 50 years, you take what you can get
"Baby" Internet tough guy ok....typical Yankee.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
"Baby" Internet tough guy ok....typical Yankee.
Now wait a minute!!! A typical Yankee (fan) is an intelligent baseball fan. They know the game front and back and have the most inventive signs in the stands. When the Diamondbacks Kurt Schilling was asked about the aura and mystique of Yankee stadium, he said "Aura and Mystique are dancers in a club", so after Tino Martinez homered with 2 out in the 9th in game 4, a miraculous Yankee comeback win, there was a sign in the stands that said, "Mystique and Aura: Appearing Nightly". It was still there when Scott Brosius homered with two outs in the 9th inning of game 5 the next night! In the first game at the stadium after 911, they held a moment of silence and just before things resumed, in the quiet of that cavernous stadium a fan yelled out "FREEDOM!!!" (from Braveheart) it was epic. When a Yankee fan goes to the Stadium to watch a game, he stays for 9 innings and doesn't leave in the 7th. He knows his team is the most famous team in all of sports and doesn't flaunt it.....well maybe just a little! He knows his team has three peated 3 times...including a 4 peat once and a 5 peat another time. And it took a failure by the great Mariano Rivera (busting Luis Gonzales off the hands for a cheap hit) to keep them from 4 peating again in 2001. The typical Yankee fan is a trash-talker but you can be sure, it's based on facts.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Good to see Luis Gil back. 100 mph. Volpe and Cabrera staying hot.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
5-0 first time since 1992
Great start. Against good competition. And I'll emphasize it again. Judge, Stanton, Rizzo, Torres and Verdugo are a combined .181 (17 for 94) and Cole is on the 60 day IL. Boone says, "we're not really rolling yet". Thankfully, Soto, Volpe and Cabrera are all hot though (25 for 54) .463.

Funny thing I heard as they talked about the '33 Yankees who started 5-0.
David Cone, "I remember in the 90's when we played in Oakland, Tony Lazzari used to come into the clubhouse"
Michael Kay, "......."
After a commercial
David Cone, "Who was their shortstop back then"
Michael Kay, "Crosetti"
Cone, "yeah I got him mixed up with Lazzari"
Michael Kay, "I wasn't going to say Lazzari died in 1946, I don't think he was in the clubhouse in Oakland"
Cone, "well yeah, but maybe after a few pops (beers)"

For those non-Yankee fans unfamiliar with Tony Lazzeri....
Although his offensive production was overshadowed by the historic accomplishments of teammates such as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and Joe DiMaggio, Lazzeri is still considered one of the top hitting second basemen of his era. Koenig considered Lazzeri the team's most valuable player. He finished his career with a .292 batting average, 986 runs, 178 home runs, 1,191 RBI and 148 stolen bases. Despite his hitting 60 home runs in an extended PCL season in 1925, Lazzeri never hit more than 18 home runs in a major league season (a mark he reached four times).

Lazzeri holds the American League record for most RBIs in a game with 11, set May 24, 1936, as he also became the first major league player to hit two grand slams in one game. He holds the major league record of 15 RBIs in consecutive games (one more than Rudy York in 1946 and Sammy Sosa in 2002). He also set major league records of six home runs in three consecutive games, and seven in four consecutive games. Lazzeri continues to share the consecutive-game American League record, but the three-game record was topped by Shawn Green of the Dodgers (seven in 2002) and the four-game mark was broken by Ralph Kiner of the Pittsburgh Pirates (eight in 1947). Lazzeri is also the only player in major league baseball to hit a natural cycle with the final home run being a grand slam on June 3, 1932.

The Veterans Committee elected Lazzeri to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1991.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Didn't the YANKees start out on fire last year? Just sayin'.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Didn't the YANKees start out on fire last year? Just sayin'.
If you can call 4-3 through 7 games or 8-6 through 14 "on fire" then yeah! :cool: They were 15-15 after 30 last year.

But it's not just the record this year (6-1) but the teams they took 6 of 7 from (Houston and Arizona). And the way they're winning is different. They have just 5 homers through 7 games. Judge, Rizzo, Torres and Stanton were hitting .181 in the first 6, while Soto, Volpe and Cabrera were hitting close to .500 collectively. Today those last 3 went 0 for 14, while Judge, Rizzo and Torres were 6 for 14. Plus Verdugo, who was off to a bad start offensively finally got a homer and a couple of rbi. Their lineup is long and Boone has been putting them R-L-R-L which makes it tough when the opponent is looking for matchups. Add to that they lead the majors in pitches per plate appearance. Starters can't get out of the 6th throwing that many pitches.

It's waaaaay too early but 6-1 beats the hell out of 4-3.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My good friend (from Brooklyn) is a long time Mets fan. I feel for him. Not enough that I don't break his balls when the Yankees beat them or have a better record. But he's wacked out like me. He's a Met fan and a Steeler fan. Can you imagine being a Met fan AND a Jet fan?

Having said that, 10-2 baby. I think I'll call him tomorrow!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
0-4? It's gonna be interesting to see how long it takes a good team like Houston to get over .500. Late April?
4-10 after getting swept by the Royals? Man what a horrible start by the Astros.