OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If I’m the titans, I have to ask myself if it’s more important to get one of the top WRs or protect my young QB with a LT and grab a WR in the 2nd or beyond. The second tier WRs are deep.
Agreed that's why I think they go Alt enter rams and Morris and maybe a trade happens and most will assume edge and then a slight curve with Odunze

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Agreed that's why I think they go Alt enter rams and Morris and maybe a trade happens and most will assume edge and then a slight curve with Odunze
I still think that’s a pretty big leap, requiring some hefty draft capital. Maybe the Rams throw in an existing player?

I have a hard time seeing the Rams move up that far, but I don’t put anything past Les anymore.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think it is more likely that they move down than up - we still have a lot of holes on defense to shore up. An extra pick in the top 100 would mean five shots at starting-caliber players.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, there's just as many skilled receivers in the fifth, sixth, and seventh rounds as there will be at the top three. This is as good and deep a receiver class as I can remember.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I still think that’s a pretty big leap, requiring some hefty draft capital. Maybe the Rams throw in an existing player?

I have a hard time seeing the Rams move up that far, but I don’t put anything past Les anymore.
Exactly completely agree but who knows what Morris and the rams could work out and the connection is there should it present itself and it's a lot of spots but how many spots did KC move up to get Patrick Kermit

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think there is a decent chance the Rams try to trade into the 8-10 range for a couple of players. Odunze being one and Turner being another.
I’m not so sure on Turner.

They did try to trade up to the 15 range last year. Some believe it was for Kincaid. So that would say McVay will always be craving his weapons. That is why I’m not ruling out a move up for a receiver, or a receiver at 19. I think McVay has himself that with Stafford, he can have an unstoppable offense by using his concepts. He just needs the right players.

If you listen to Snead he seems keyed in on pass rush being a priority.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I’m not so sure on Turner.

They did try to trade up to the 15 range last year. Some believe it was for Kincaid. So that would say McVay will always be craving his weapons. That is why I’m not ruling out a move up for a receiver, or a receiver at 19. I think McVay has himself that with Stafford, he can have an unstoppable offense by using his concepts. He just needs the right players.

If you listen to Snead he seems keyed in on pass rush being a priority.
I do think that pass rush is a priority for them. Why are you not so sure on Turner?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Honestly, there's just as many skilled receivers in the fifth, sixth, and seventh rounds as there will be at the top three. This is as good and deep a receiver class as I can remember.
Come on... can we tap the brakes on the hyperbole. It's a deep class but I don't think that's true at all.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's also 21 years old. There would be zero reservations for me if he falls but I don't think he's the one who will fall. I think that will be Fautanu if any of them.
I'd take him too honestly.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s great in pass pro. I don’t think that will be a problem for him. I worry about his run blocking. It never seemed to progress.

I was surprised by the small hands also. But arm length is a more important measurement imo.
Yeah from what I read he has great grip strength but people were making a big deal about his hands.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Come on... can we tap the brakes on the hyperbole. It's a deep class but I don't think that's true at all.

I'm serious. There are as many talented receivers in the late rounds as there are in the first three. I cannot, for the life of me, remember a deeper, more-talented class. There will be as many talented receivers coming out of the fifth, sixth, and seventh rounds - not to mention UDFAs - as there are in the top three rounds - were it not, I wouldn't say it.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
19 to 10 is a tall order, isn't it? Feels like it's cost prohibitive.
It will cost a lot but I don't see it as cost prohibitive.

I'm trying to get in the mind of McSnead. What I think their thinking, based on previous patterns, is that they are looking for game changers/game wreckers; not just trying to fill holes. We just lost AD. Kupp may or may not be the same player he once was. I suspect they are looking for "load bearing walls" as Snead calls them.

A 1st this year and next plus change is not cost prohibitive IMO.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It will cost a lot but I don't see it as cost prohibitive.

I'm trying to get in the mind of McSnead. What I think their thinking, based on previous patterns, is that they are looking for game changers/game wreckers; not just trying to fill holes. We just lost AD. Kupp may or may not be the same player he once was. I suspect they are looking for "load bearing walls" as Snead calls them.

A 1st this year and next plus change is not cost prohibitive IMO.
I think for a talent like Odunze... maybe Bowers (who would be an ideal Kupp replacement). I don't think there's a player other than those two worth doing that for given our needs. Turner just isn't good enough to justify that kind of trade. In any other draft with edge talent he's be a mid 1st rounder.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I think for a talent like Odunze... maybe Bowers (who would be an ideal Kupp replacement). I don't think there's a player other than those two worth doing that for given our needs. Turner just isn't good enough to justify that kind of trade. In any other draft with edge talent he's be a mid 1st rounder.
Fair enough. I'm not convinced on Turner either or Bowers for that matter. I can see it for any of the top 3 WRs and a couple of the LT's.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:D

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If I’m moving up, I’d do so only for Bowers. Say 5 or so spots. Not sure any of the WRs are worth going up all the way to 7-10 for them. Especially not compared to the depth at WR that is available at 19 and 52+.

Not saying I’d do that. I’d stay or move back. Just saying if I moved up. He’d be the target and worth some capital. More so now with the new non tackling rules.