OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I read that the Vikings have had several visits with Bo Nix. Then today the Giants owner said he endorses drafting a QB.

Could the Vikings really be enamored with Nix as their guy? Did they trade for another first to ensure they can reach him?
Hope so

WestCoastRam

Legend
I read that the Vikings have had several visits with Bo Nix. Then today the Giants owner said he endorses drafting a QB.

Could the Vikings really be enamored with Nix as their guy? Did they trade for another first to ensure they can reach him?
I don't know that Nix is a great QB to run the Shannahan/McVay system but I suspect the Vikings are looking at him as a plan B. My guess is they'll try to get to 2 or 3 but will also be happy to get to 4 or 5 if it gets them their QB. I don't think Daniel's is the ideal QB either for the S/M sxs (neither he nor Nix do a good job throwing over the middle - I guess they could improve) so I bet they want to grab Maye or JJ. Will settle for Nix.

Sure sounds like Wash likes Daniels at 2. What a mistake. Maye would be the right call. I hate that the Pats will prob take him not cause it'll make them good but they're such a bad team they might ruin him or at least not let him reach his potential - think Trevor Lawrence.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I mentioned Derrick Brown weeks ago as a target he would seem like an obvious go get and they are approaching Brian Burns territory Carolina that is.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

I'm thinking the Vikes will try like hell to move to 2, 3, 4 and if that fails, Nix will be their pick at 11. I'm all for it! I'm fully expecting 5 QB's to go before our pick

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh, Derrick Brown. The Panthers could sign and trade with us if we free up cap to move into the first round. Would we make this trade considering he’s a pending free agent next year?

This move would allow the Panthers to grab a WR or interior linemen they might be eyeing. Anyone know anything about Brown?
Brown is a hell of a player, but, he too is going to want a massive deal much like Wilkins just got. Brown is one of the best run stoppers in the NFL, but does still need to develop a bit as a pass rusher. Very talented but will be very spendy too.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm thinking the Vikes will try like hell to move to 2, 3, 4 and if that fails, Nix will be their pick at 11. I'm all for it! I'm fully expecting 5 QB's to go before our pick
That would be amazing. Raiders really seem to like Penix, would love for him to go in 1st too!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be amazing. Raiders really seem to like Penix, would love for him to go in 1st too!
Hell yes! 6 QB's before 19 would be mind blowingly amazing. That leaves 12 non QB players that would be gone before our pick. Of those 12, probably 10 are offense.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Brown is a hell of a player, but, he too is going to want a massive deal much like Wilkins just got. Brown is one of the best run stoppers in the NFL, but does still need to develop a bit as a pass rusher. Very talented but will be very spendy too.
Unfortunately for Brown, stopping the run isn't as valuable as rushing the passer. Wilkins is coming off of a 10 sack season; Brown has never had more than 2 sacks in a season.

Their contracts won't be in the same ballpark.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hell yes! 6 QB's before 19 would be mind blowingly amazing. That leaves 12 non QB players that would be gone before our pick. Of those 12, probably 10 are offense.
So much of what is gonna happen will probably depend on Vikings and Denver. Can Vikings move up? Denver desperately needs a functional QB... but really see them trading back for much needed picks and then overdrafting a QB like Nix late. Still think it's the top 4 QBs before us but maybe 20% chance a 5th goes before us and 1% that a 6th goes before us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That sounds reasonable. If they stick at 11 and take Nix then that trade they made was not a great decision, unless Nix has always been the plan and there are a few players they really like and think will be there at 23. However, they could have waited and made that trade on draft day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know that Nix is a great QB to run the Shannahan/McVay system but I suspect the Vikings are looking at him as a plan B. My guess is they'll try to get to 2 or 3 but will also be happy to get to 4 or 5 if it gets them their QB. I don't think Daniel's is the ideal QB either for the S/M sxs (neither he nor Nix do a good job throwing over the middle - I guess they could improve) so I bet they want to grab Maye or JJ. Will settle for Nix.

Sure sounds like Wash likes Daniels at 2. What a mistake. Maye would be the right call. I hate that the Pats will prob take him not cause it'll make them good but they're such a bad team they might ruin him or at least not let him reach his potential - think Trevor Lawrence.
I listened to the PFF needs draft. It was an interesting exercise in that Fashanu fell to the Rams at 19. I didn’t think that could happen but I didn’t really think the picks that led to that were too far off base.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I listened to the PFF needs draft. It was an interesting exercise in that Fashanu fell to the Rams at 19. I didn’t think that could happen but I didn’t really think the picks that led to that were too far off base.
The PFF guys are definitely an interesting listen but I like Tice and Maye a bit more, FWIW. They watch the tape and seem more dialed into the league and teams than the PFF guys so you get more of a sense of what teams are thinking.

Warren Sharpe still ends up being the most accurate at the end of the day and he's the guy to watch for tea leaves.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fashanu is going to be this year's faller I think. There's just enough holes in his game that some teams will pass. I'd take him at 19. But he's not the cleanest LT prospect and his hands are the smallest of any offensive lineman in league history I think.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That would be something. I think the most important thing at 19, assuming they make the pick there instead of trading out, is capitalizing on whoever falls. If teams go apeshit on QBs then someone's gonna fall. We're gonna get a top 15 type of talent. Might even have a couple to choose from. Drawback is you just don't know what position it'll be.

Fashanu though... You take him. LTs of that ability are so hard to find. You take him and figure shit out thereafter.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fashanu is going to be this year's faller I think. There's just enough holes in his game that some teams will pass. I'd take him at 19. But he's not the cleanest LT prospect and his hands are the smallest of any offensive lineman in league history I think.
He's also 21 years old. There would be zero reservations for me if he falls but I don't think he's the one who will fall. I think that will be Fautanu if any of them.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Does anyone else think the rams will try and probably succeed to move up to take Odunze if he is there in the 8-9-10 area he hast to get by the Titans I believe at 8 for a shot.

Psycho_X

Legend
Does anyone else think the rams will try and probably succeed to move up to take Odunze if he is there in the 8-9-10 area he hast to get by the Titans I believe at 8 for a shot.
Have mentioned in other threads that I would not be surprised if this happened and yeah Titans at #7 would be the hurdle. Atlanta at #8 would be an obvious trade partner if they wanted to build draft capital.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately for Brown, stopping the run isn't as valuable as rushing the passer. Wilkins is coming off of a 10 sack season; Brown has never had more than 2 sacks in a season.

Their contracts won't be in the same ballpark.
Respectfully disagree. It will be the same ballpark. Sacks are not the only stat to take into account. It is not as if Brown has no pass rushing ability, 27 hurries and 41 pressures is nothing to sneeze at. He is also 3 years younger and actually had a better overall pass rush grade (per pff) then Wilkins last season. Also he was perhaps the best run stopper in the league (second to Quinnen Williams by 0.4) I will again caveat that PFF isn't the end all be all, but a reference. Brown was the 4th overall rated DL in the league last season. Wilkins was 29th.

I'd be just as happy if not more so to have Brown over Wilkins on the Rams.