OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Coach always gives a tidbit here and there he said and I'm paraphrasing " that we will know more about the defense after the draft" I'm assuming he wasn't referring to them as they surely have a plan in place of some sort but maybe there is a trade on the table. Maybe if the right edge guy falls to Jax maybe a guy they are in love with then an Allen trade could be the focus.
Allen was franchised have we heard anything about an extension? Money demands? Term? I personally haven't read or seen anything about them working towards a long term extension. After the season he had I can't see Allen being to happy with a franchise tag god for bid he should get hurt it would cost him big-time should he have to play it out. His time to get paid is now. Maybe he is the heir apparent we are honed in on and yes me personally I'd give whatever draft capital to land Allen. He would be that Jalen Ramseys move and then some.
Holllllllllddddddd!!!!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
We can't afford a contract in excess of 34m per year currently, that is what he will demand. He's going to want to reset the Edge contracts in excess of Bosa's, I can almost guarantee that.

You can afford any contract it seems in the NFL if you want it and enough and with his youth it can be structured in a manner where it's affordable

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hard pass on Allen, give me a young guy on a 5 year rookie deal. Chop Robinson in the first and a DT in second.

Allen is great but eating up that much of the cap on one guy isn’t what the Rams need at this point IMO.

They are going to need options snd flexibility in the need couple of years.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Hard pass on Allen, give me a young guy on a 5 year rookie deal. Chop Robinson in the first and a DT in second.

Allen is great but eating up that much of the cap on one guy isn’t what the Rams need at this point IMO.

I'd put the chances that any of this year's 1st round guys are as good as Allen at about 10%. There's a reason Snead was trading 1st round picks for established vets.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I agree by the time let's say chop (as an example) develops and that's a huge if btw if he even develops into a half of an Allen he will then command similar if not the same money as the cap rises for maybe less production but by that time regardless the window with Stafford is all but gone.
So I'd go Allen anyway if the week.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree by the time let's say chop (as an example) develops and that's a huge if btw if he even develops into a half of an Allen he will then command similar if not the same money as the cap rises for maybe less production but by that time regardless the window with Stafford is all but gone.
So I'd go Allen anyway if the week.
The Chiefs traded Snead for a third in 2025. If the Jags were going to take that type of deal, or even a third in this April, I would say it is a no brainer, if the Rams can make the cap room.

If they want a first for a guy that comes with a huge cap hit, I’d say no. Unless the Rams had a lot of cap space.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jets already had a great defense. Looks like Saleh is going all-in this year. Probably Aarron Rodgers last year too. Might as well shoot for the moon.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The Chiefs traded Snead for a third in 2025. If the Jags were going to take that type of deal, or even a third in this April, I would say it is a no brainer, if the Rams can make the cap room.

If they want a first for a guy that comes with a huge cap hit, I’d say no. Unless the Rams had a lot of cap space.

I personally would not be concerned with cap especially with a talent that's probably in the top 5 or even 3 on his side of the ball. I'd give whatever it took to get him

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Giants add Burns, Jets add Reddick.
Neither team will make the playoffs and will both be looking for new head coaches

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'd put the chances that any of this year's 1st round guys are as good as Allen at about 10%. There's a reason Snead was trading 1st round picks for established vets
They don’t have to be as good as him to make the team better.

He by himself is not going to win jack.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Agree with this outside the the Chop Robinson in the 1st part. Athletic freak that for some reason could not produce in college.

I'd be shocked if Latu didn't start his career off better then Josh Allen did. He had fairly pedestrian years (for what was expected) up until this last year.

dang

Legend
Agree with this outside the the Chop Robinson in the 1st part. Athletic freak that for some reason could not produce in college.

I'd be shocked if Latu didn't start his career off better then Josh Allen did. He had fairly pedestrian years (for what was expected) up until this last year.
I’ll give Chop a pass on his putrid sack/qb hit/tfl stats if he was consistently and effectively double/triple teamed. But his 2023 15 tackle total shows he was all but awol in the run game. Strong pass for me in the first round but wtf do I know.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I’ll give Chop a pass on his putrid sack/qb hit/tfl stats if he was consistently and effectively double/triple teamed. But his 2023 15 tackle total shows he was all but awol in the run game. Strong pass for me in the first round but wtf do I know.
I legitimately like him as a pick in the 2nd, I just don't want to have to prognosticate about a player that I'm picking in the 1st round. I'd rather see production and results at a lower level, before they are thrown into the fire of the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I legitimately like him as a pick in the 2nd, I just don't want to have to prognosticate about a player that I'm picking in the 1st round. I'd rather see production and results at a lower level, before they are thrown into the fire of the NFL.
He’s a high character type, a team leader and a playmaker. He gets pressures. With his speed and first step he should be able to do it in the NFL. I’d be fine with the Rams picking him in a trade back within round one He has some traits that they seem to like.

However, I think there will be better prospects at 19.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Also I've brought up his name multiple times since AD retired so have some others but Calais Campbell is a super smart signing that would be a smart anchor with the young guys on and off the field. That allows for Fiske or maybe newton 2nd round and still able to trade up for Odunze further strengthening a strength lol.

Also I've brought him up since AD as well but seriously would you guys give up the 19th pick to a pick starved team like Carolina for Derrick Brown?

dang

Legend
Also I've brought up his name multiple times since AD retired so have some others but Calais Campbell is a super smart signing that would be a smart anchor with the young guys on and off the field. That allows for Fiske or maybe newton 2nd round and still able to trade up for Odunze further strengthening a strength lol.

Also I've brought him up since AD as well but seriously would you guys give up the 19th pick to a pick starved team like Carolina for Derrick Brown?
That’s who I’m monitoring as well. He would be a great mentor and leader for BYoung and this years Edge draft picks. Plus he’s still productive from what I see. After Draft target maybe?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
A good draft for me would be taking Latu or Verse at 19. Then T'Vondra Sweat in the second. Even if they have to move up a few spots to get him. A big space eating DT that requires double teams on run plays ala Vita Vea.

WestCoastRam

Legend
A good draft for me would be taking Latu or Verse at 19. Then T'Vondra Sweat in the second. Even if they have to move up a few spots to get him. A big space eating DT that requires double teams on run plays ala Vita Vea.
Okay, but hear me out, what if we go Murphy then Kneeland in the 2nd.

For me personally, our pick in the 2nd is high for Sweat but curious if we move down.