GAME DAY 2023 Preseason Game 1 - Rams at Renters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Watching/listening to McVay's presser today (just one time), where he made this comment, his tone indicated that while it was possible (he certainly would not say it was out-of-the-question), it would be difficult. In addition to cap/cash restrictions, McVay commented that players at those positions were not readily available.

I got the feeling that, except for an addition via the veteran minimum-$ (he mentioned Robinson, T. Johnson, Freeman and J. Johnson), the Rams were going to proceed with what that had.

Just don't see significant additions for 2023; and my judgement in these matters carries a success rate of almost 14%.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Also some respect for Bruss and his quotes that Jourdan put in her latest article for me.
I am staying optimistic, there are a lot of variables with Bruss. He has had to overcome a terrible injury, has switched positions ( as a pro ) and really hasn’t had a bunch of practice or game experience. As strange as it may sound to some I would rather he look a little unprepared than physically incapable, to me his problem seemed to be the former. He needs more practice and in game experience so he can become more familiar with his responsibilities and begin to gel with his line mates.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Watching/listening to McVay's presser today (just one time), where he made this comment, his tone indicated that while it was possible (he certainly would not say it was out-of-the-question), it would be difficult. In addition to cap/cash restrictions, McVay commented that players at those positions were not readily available.

I got the feeling that, except for an addition via the veteran minimum-$ (he mentioned Robinson, T. Johnson, Freeman and J. Johnson), the Rams were going to proceed with what that had.

Just don't see significant additions for 2023; and my judgement in these matters carries a success rate of almost 14%.
I also heard him talk about how good a kid and how conscientious Lance McCuthceon is when asked about him.

So I think he is definitely not making team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah I don't think they add anybody due mainly to cap and secondly to let the youth grow. Some will point out we have $12 million in cap space but when you go to the 53 man roster and paying the practice squad is quite a bit less. IMO they'll try to keep around $7-8 million for injury and rollover so anybody they add will be a vet minimum type guy and you'd have to question their impact on gamedays.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am staying optimistic, there are a lot of variables with Bruss. He has had to overcome a terrible injury, has switched positions ( as a pro ) and really hasn’t had a bunch of practice or game experience. As strange as it may sound to some I would rather he look a little unprepared than physically incapable, to me his problem seemed to be the former. He needs more practice and in game experience so he can become more familiar with his responsibilities and begin to gel with his line mates.
Part of his quote here

“The biggest thing I wanted to get out of this game was getting confidence, feeling good again. There’s confidence in playing fast, full-speed, and just to come out of this game feeling healthy — last time I was on an NFL field, things didn’t turn out so well. Just getting that mental confidence and getting past that mental block of, ‘I’m not hurt anymore, I’m healthy (and) feeling good,’ that was the biggest thing for me. … Moving back out to tackle, I had not done that in a game in the NFL. Made some mistakes in the pass pro (protection). All things that are easily correctible. I learned some lessons, I know how I can be better.”

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My man Zach VanValkenberg from Iowa!! 2 big plays!

@So Ram told me he's been looking good!

He lost the Edge of that last TD,but those CB’s or LB’s have to step up as well.Big Whit talked him up & he made a play on a 3rd dwn.
That TD,Whit talked about Raheem & Mcvay will address that. They sent a lead blocker at him as well & he forced it outside.
There is going to be some tough cuts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some cool images from therams.com site:

1692227008572.png

1692227248849.png

1692227309072.png

1692227387627.png

1692227443635.png

1692227492408.png