OFFICIAL 2022 Rams Training Camp Thread (General News and Notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can Rodriquez tell us even more about Cutch! Like I said In training camp about #82.
I’m old,but this guy was older than myself asking about who he was. It was my first day(because I missed) of training camp. I told The Pats(NE) Fan I didn’t know who he was.In fact an older gentleman was asking google who number so & so was. I’d lol & say that was 2 years ago or last season.
He had Johnny Mundt as #82 & I told the guy I knew who it was last season & haven’t updated (mentally) who that was.
—He told me that he didn’t know any of The Rams players & was sort of surprised I didn’t know who he was.
He said that he was the best player on The Rams from what he was seeing & couldn’t believe how big & athletic Cutch was.
—I saw him on all the special teams working hard.My feelings after I looked his name & number up thought he has a chance to make the Rams.
My reason is just how big & fast he is & looked running down on Kick & punt returns.He is tough for smaller CB’s to block & just like his first TD catch showed all of that.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hard to get reps against better talent in preseason these days.

It will be interesting to see if McCutcheon gets reps against the Rams D and Cincinnati in the scrimmages.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dicker and Pettigrew are the two surprises there for me. Not that they are gone, but they are just gone earlier than I expected.

Well to me it was a easy call.

First Diker is not apart of the 3!
I looked at all the dick & balls joking.
Plus The SILLINESS of having only 1 Kicker & Punter as 1 to save a roster spot.

Like I said about The Rams & All-Pro special teams groups. The Rams have actually been spoiled.

Les Snead first addressed the kicking game as a Rookie GM.We can look before or after that just to get an idea of All-Pro special teams groups.

—I can go on. LMAO though about some of the post.

About that TE who got cut. There isn’t enough spots for a TE to make the roster. Hopkins is buying in this season & going to play special teams.
The new TE’s coach is making it more challenging for him. I think he was in Wes Phillips(Mcvay’s)dog house?

I heard him getting interviewed with downtown brown & his lady friend. They became BFF’s at that time & dude is sort of a nerd of TV.My take was he say he is all in,but he is fooling himself. The NFL is 24/7, especially as a rookie.
Going to camp I didn’t notice him once. I saw his number,but was not a number I thought I needed to know. Now it makes even more sense. He Stinks!! Well I like the kid as a person, but was a udrfa who every MFL team last on.

Now Cutch is another story.He shows up Day 1 & he is flashing all over the field. Kendrick #6 & Durant #12.

For myself I’m not looking for these players to be good.When you see theses rookies going against the starters & having success you sort of have to take notice.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With Ealy now cut, hopefully we get an opportunity to see a good deal more of Max Pircher.

Tano

Legend

Dancy-Williams does not surprise me at all. I was calling for him to be cut. That air tackle by him was possibly one of the worst tackles that I have ever seen.

Too bad about Dicker because he didn't look bad punting the ball and he was a good guy to have around to keep Gay from kicking.

Tano

Legend
I am worried about Perez being cut because if Perkins gets hurt, who are they going to play at QB.

I want Wolford to play a couple series but not the entire game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hard to get reps against better talent in preseason these days.

It will be interesting to see if McCutcheon gets reps against the Rams D and Cincinnati in the scrimmages.

Agree , but Ben Sko will be getting a lot of looks. Like I’ve been saying which Rodriquez is not is Ben Sko is working extra after practice with Greg Olsen.
I see & know Kupp has his guy in Zac Robinson.This is a thing imo.Weather anybody wants to believe it or not.To think these players do it all by themselves might not be 100% accurate.
We all talk about what players can & can’t do. What I’m saying if you work hard enough on the things you have trouble with it only makes you that much better.
Now A. Robinson is a FREAK! Cutch is only going to get better by being mentored from a guy with the same skill set & has that experience he(you) need.
Relationships & being a good teammate can never be expressed enough by Sean Mcvay. He is always striving & pushing it.He doesn’t settle. I mean Sean Mcvay likes his home life & to have his drinks. Talk his stuff & get after life on the side.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am worried about Perez being cut because if Perkins gets hurt, who are they going to play at QB.

It's a good point, but that's how it goes. I'm sure the plan is to play Perkins the rest of the preseason, he's big & strong so hopefully there will no issues.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Too bad about Dicker because he didn't look bad punting the ball and he was a good guy to have around to keep Gay from kicking.
I'm sure the plan is to add Dicker to the practice squad, really nothing you can do I guess Dixon & Gay need their reps too. I liked the idea of keeping Gay away from kicking in preseason, but thus is the way it goes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I presume Perez's dance card has an opening for preseason games with the Champs if that were to happen.

Tano

Legend
I presume Perez's dance card has an opening for preseason games with the Champs if that were to happen.
With him cut, I can't see him being allowed to play in Friday's game if Perkins gets hurt early.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With him cut, I can't see him being allowed to play in Friday's game if Perkins gets hurt early.
For that one game if Perkins misses time you hike it straight to the RBs and work the run game blocking. God knows the Rams need to work on that. Then add Perez for the following week if you need to.

I am sure McVay will have a backup plan like that. He doesn't strike me as the type to not have a plan.

Tano

Legend
For that one game if Perkins misses time you hike it straight to the RBs and work the run game blocking. God knows the Rams need to work on that. Then add Perez for the following week if you need to.

I am sure McVay will have a backup plan like that. He doesn't strike me as the type to not have a plan.
That would be an ugly game to watch and we wouldn't get to see McCutcheon do anything other than block.

And I want to see McCutcheon on more routes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be an ugly game to watch and we wouldn't get to see McCutcheon do anything other than block.

And I want to see McCutcheon on more routes.
Trying to remember who has QB experience on the roster. I think Akers does, but he's obviously not going to play. Maybe they have someone prepped for that eventuality.

If Perkins were to miss time from mid third quarter on it wouldn't be all that bad. Not like McVay cares all that much about preseason. But yeah it would be shitty for some of the wideouts. Though most of those guys are all cuts anyway.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really looking forward to seeing Williams in game 2.

Tano

Legend
Trying to remember who has QB experience on the roster. I think Akers does, but he's obviously not going to play. Maybe they have someone prepped for that eventuality.

If Perkins were to miss time from mid third quarter on it wouldn't be all that bad. Not like McVay cares all that much about preseason. But yeah it would be shitty for some of the wideouts. Though most of those guys are all cuts anyway.
Third quarter on is garbage time for the most part.

It would only be bad if Perkins got hurt early in the game.

Oh yeah - I forgot we can have Hekker play QB - oh wait!! - nm

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dancy-Williams does not surprise me at all. I was calling for him to be cut. That air tackle by him was possibly one of the worst tackles that I have ever seen.

I recall McVay saying that Dicker would fill a need for someone looking for a kicker or punter. Maybe they released him early so there was time for another team to try him out.

Psycho_X

Legend
Third quarter on is garbage time for the most part.

It would only be bad if Perkins got hurt early in the game.

Oh yeah - I forgot we can have Hekker play QB - oh wait!! - nm
Are we assuming they won't dress Wolford or something? I don't see why they wouldn't give Wolford at least some snaps in preseason and have him dressed for emergencies.