2017 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
49ers killed it in the first round. Really like what the Browns did. Don't understand the trades for the QBs.

True. The 49ers snagged 2 top ten talents and picked up a haul of picks in the process. All these foolish teams selling their souls for QBs will be sorely disappointed.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Can't see Lamp making it to us - but he is by far our best option right now.
Agree that's my pick if he's there but i think we'll have a shot at guys like Z.Jones, Kupp, JuJu, Awuzie, Godwin, Everett,...
Shit, there are some stud DT's still on the board. Just sayin.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Picking Everett over JuJu or Zay is a bad draft pick imo.

Yeah not a fan of Everette. Been saying he's not all that and no way I'd go near him round 2.

Look at this division. 9ers just got 2 huge pieces, that look like impact types, for their defense and loaded up picks. Seattle is moving down and loading up picks which is very smart. Taking a project TE at 37 who has small hands and focus problems would make my damn head explode.

Rams need an impact player tomorrow. IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wild 1st Round! I don't think there is much doubt that the Rams will go WR at #37 now! Unless they want to go for OG Forest Lamp! Or They still have OG Dan Feeney Left too!
But we have:
* WR Cooper Kupp
* JuJu Smith-Schuster
* Chris Godwin
* Zay Jones
To go after in the 2nd Round, We are in GREAT shape!!

FRO

Legend
True. The 49ers snagged 2 top ten talents and picked up a haul of picks in the process. All these foolish teams selling their souls for QBs will be sorely disappointed.
It happens every year. Teams get desperate at QB and overdraft or trade a kings ransom. Check out the 2011 and 2014 drafts and compare the first round and second round QBs. Draft your second round graded QB in the second round.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone else think it odd that no defensive tackles were taken in the 1st rd? Don't think that ever happened

FRO

Legend
Lamp is option one
Trade down is option two
What is option three?
CB? Johnson's future isn't certain and depth is thin. Like I said earlier I think you can get the same talent level WR in the third as you can in the second.

That being said I think the Rams get the USC kid at 37.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5d18f0cfa90d467ab901ca9c2.jpg

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Lamp won't be there LOL.
He could be. I could easily see the next few picks going like this:
GB - Dalvin Cook (Desperate need for a RB)
Seattle - Cam Robinson (Desperate need for a OT)
Jacksonville - Malik McDowell (Best Player Available)
Chicago - Chris Godwin (Needs weapons for Trubisky + replaces Jeffery)

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
CB? Johnson's future isn't certain and depth is thin. Like I said earlier I think you can get the same talent level WR in the third as you can in the second.

That being said I think the Rams get the USC kid at 37.

Doubtful

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else think it odd that no defensive tackles were taken in the 1st rd? Don't think that ever happened
It IMO isn't a great top end class for that position though. The top 2 both have issues. There are some good mid round options but nothing at the very top. Though some consider Allen could be a 3 tech.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I really want Juju, but I'm scared to take a USC receiver. They almost never seem to make the transition.

Chris Godwin for me, but I'd still be happy with Juju.

FRO

Legend
Yeah not a fan of Everette. Been saying he's not all that and no way I'd go near him round 2.

Look at this division. 9ers just got 2 huge pieces, that look like impact types, for their defense and loaded up picks. Seattle is moving down and loading up picks which is very smart. Taking a project TE at 37 who has small hands and focus problems would make my damn head explode.

Rams need an impact player tomorrow. IMO.
Also the best player on the offense is a RB. Drafting a non-blocking receiving TE doesn't make much sense. How many TEs are true impact players in the league? What were those players draft positions and how long did they take to develop. I feel like TE is not a good investment at 37. Beef up the horrible line.