2017 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's where I'd push my chips based on "the buzz" around him.

Then again, there could be some reshuffling after that round.

Hell. Then again, wouldn't surprise me if we trade down a tad.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally disregard our needs right? You can't always go BPA. If Zay or Juju is there, we're taking one of them.
They'll still be there at 42. Lamp IMO is one of the 2 or 3 best players left and was a mid 1st round pick. He could step in on our OLine and start at any position other than LT from the day he's picked.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
only 4 picks in front of Rams. I'd be ok with them trading back to get another pick in the top 50
if not Lamp Ju Ju Kupp

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Njoku was the only guy I would have traded up for, so i'm now favoring a trade down about 10-15 spots for another 3'rd round pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, just off the top of my list there's...

1. A few very strong CB options (King, Awuzie, Lewis)
2. Four solid wideout options (Jones, Godwin, Juju, Kupp)
3. Two very good interior OL (Lamp, Feeney)
4. One very good LB (Cunningham)

Tomorrow night's gonna be fun!

EDIT: forgot the safeties above. Got a couple in that range headed by Budda. Rams gotta kill this pick.

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
They'll still be there at 42. Lamp IMO is one of the 2 or 3 best players left and was a mid 1st round pick. He could step in on our OLine and start at any position other than LT from the day he's picked.

I have more faith in Wade Phillips turning mediocre players into great players... than McVay turning a mediocre receiver into a RELIABLE #1.

For our team, I think it's better to stay put and draft offense with our first pick.

FRO

Legend
I'm so jealous of Cleveland with all those draft picks they got
Peppers is a great fit in that Gregg Williams defense. Will be a star in that system. They played the draft great. Didn't reach for a QB, just got good football players. They just need to add talent and get their QB next year when there are much better prospects.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Forrest Lamp has got to be #1 on our board right now but like OldSchool pointed out, trading down looks more and more appealing. With guys like Kevin King, Chidobe Awuzie, Budda Baker, Fabian Moreau, Curtis Samuel, Zay Jones, Chris Godwin, and JuJu Smith-Schuster, we can add picks to our arsenal and still get a quality player.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have more faith in Wade Phillips turning mediocre players into great players... than McVay turning a mediocre receiver into a RELIABLE #1.

For our team, I think it's better to stay put and draft offense with our first pick.
Trade back take Godwin get an extra third and walk away a happy man. I don't see what's wrong with this plan :)

FRO

Legend
Think Rams would be wise to forgo WR at 37 and get the linemen. I think they can get an equally qualified receiver in round 3 as they can at 37.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So funny. I want offense so bad, but the defensive players that fell are so intriguing. King stands out to me, besides, Lamp.

FRO

Legend
49ers killed it in the first round. Really like what the Browns did. Don't understand the trades for the QBs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Trade back take Godwin get an extra third and walk away a happy man. I don't see what's wrong with this plan :)
y0zbINd.gif