2016 Undrafted Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No center like people want but I must say I'm really damned impressed with this UDFA so far.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Matt Waldman’s Boiler Room: Aaron Green, RB, TCU
Written by Bryan Perez on October 26, 2015

We’re pleased to welcome back Matt Waldman and his film room analysis to Draft Breakdown’s 2016 NFL Draft coverage.

His Boiler Room series evaluates a prospect’s strengths and weaknesses in quick-hitting fashion from the perspective of one of the industry’s most talented scouting minds. We previously posted his installment on Josh Doctson here. Now it’s time to take a look at the running back position and Doctson’s teammate, Aaron Green:

View: https://youtu.be/ylGg83LHYFY

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Marquez North high upside WR loved him coming in to this year, but just way too many injuries. No one scouts the SEC harder or as well as the Rams do

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Marquez North high upside WR loved him coming in to this year, but just way too many injuries. No one scouts the SEC harder or as well as the Rams do
Big, strong, fast.

Player Overview
A three-year starter, North lined up mostly as the Volunteers' "X" receiver and flashed NFL-level talent, but his production dipped each of the last three seasons, mostly due to injuries and inconsistencies in the Tennessee passing game.

A four-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, North received scholarship offers from numerous high-profile programs like Florida, Michigan and Ohio State, but ultimately chose Tennessee over North Carolina. He became a starter as a true freshman in 2013 and finished second on the team with 38 catches for 496 yards and one touchdown, earning Freshman All-SEC honors.

North started 10 games as a sophomore in 2014 and recorded 30 receptions for 320 yards and a career-best four scores. He started only four games as a junior in 2015 and posted career-lows with six catches for 58 yards, but decided to forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Built like a running back with a muscular, filled-out frame. Long arms to track and extend his catch radius, making tough grabs look easy away from his body. Above average body control and strong hands to adjust and stab.
Accelerates well off the line of scrimmage and quickly gets into his routes. Enough speed to stack receivers vertically. Nifty to catch the ball in stride. Body power to trample defensive backs and shrug off tacklers. Uses physicality to separate.

Balanced blocker to engage and control his target, keeping busy. Blocks with violence and not shy about delivering blows.

WEAKNESSES: Better timed than play speed and more of a one-note runner. Tips his routes and doesn't set up cornerbacks, lacking nuance or tempo. Allows his feet to get tied up at stem. Doesn't have the start/stop burst to quickly redirect or be efficient at the top of patterns - ran a lot of comeback and rudimentary routes to keep things simple. Average leaper.

Not elusive after the catch and not a consistent YAC threat. Overaggressive tendencies as a blocker leads to the occasional whiff. Poor career production. Struggled to stay healthy, missing several games each of his three seasons in Knoxville (10 total games).

IN OUR VIEW: North is rocked up with the size/athleticism profile that is highly intriguing, showing strong hands and the body control to contort his body mid-air. North is also one of the most physical blocking receivers in this class, but is a below average route-runner and his athleticism doesn't consistently translate to football production.

A player who will be drafted higher than his resume suggests due to his raw traits and upside, North can be a better pro than college player if he stays healthy and focuses on the details of the position - he projects as a developmental receiver worth the gamble in the mid-rounds to be a snatch-and-secure wideout.

-- Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) (4/13/16)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2071852/marquez-north

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

New Mexico State corner Winston Rose excels at local workout for Los Angeles Rams
Posted April 16, 2016 · Add Comment

0 1 Share3 Share0 9 261

New Mexico State cornerback Winston Rose excelled during the Los Angeles Rams’ local prospect workout Saturday in Oxnard, Calif.

Rose met with Rams coach Jeff Fisher afterward and received strong feedback about his performance.

The Rams have Rose’s 40-yard dash time from his campus Pro Day workout at 4.38 seconds.

“The workout went good, Jeff Fisher talked to my mom and I was the only defensive back that was there,” Rose said in a telephone interview following the workout. “I talked to Dennard Wilson, the defensive backs coach, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and Jeff Fisher and Steve Kazor, their scout, and their special-teams coordinator, John Fassel.

“I told coach Fassel how I was on every special team at New Mexico State. It couldn’t have gone any better. It was very exciting. I was a little nervous. Once I felt comfortable after the first drill, everything was in place. Overall, I felt good with my performance. It was a great day. I feel like that could be home.”

Rose had a 1.5 10-yard split.

Rose played in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl all-star game. Here’s a link to his highlight video

The 5-foot-11, 177-pounder had a 10-3 broad jump and a 36-inch vertical leap at his Pro Day. He bench pressed 225 pounds 10 times.

He had a 32 3/8 arm length, 9 3/8 hands and a 74 1/2 inch wingspan.

Rose had a 11.13 60-yard shuttle and a 6.72 three-cone drill. Those are among the best of any draft prospect.

“My skills, obviously my speed and my athleticism and my overall ball skills,” Rose said. “Winston Rose as a person, I’m going to help a team. I have length and quickness. I want to improve on being consistent.”

Rose intercepted five passes playing for former NFL defensive coordinator Larry Coyer.

“I feel that I’m ready for the next level defensive schemes because I played under Larry Coyer, a NFL Super Bowl coach, which I had my best season at New Mexico State,” Rose said.

Rose majored in individualized study with a minor in business.

“I’d like to go into business, restaurant catering business and give back to youth,” Rose said.

An Inglewood native, Rose excelled on special teams.

“I just want to make the 53-man roster and contribute on special teams and pretty much anything,” Rose said .”I feel ready.”

Rose trains at IX Innovations with Abdul Foster and is represented by Houston-based agent J.D. Ogilvie, a former Utah State football player and Columbia University alumnus. Rose played at Los Angeles Valley Junior College before transferring and was a first-team all-conference selection. He had three interceptions, returning two for touchdowns. He was a first-team all-league wide receiver and defensive back at St. Genevieve High School.

“Winston has everything you look for in a starting cornerback,” Ogilvie said. “From his length, his agility, speed, the numbers he put up at his Pro Day are top tier in every single category. On top of that, he has gained 10 pounds since he’s been out here in Houston. He has the natural skill set of a starting cornerback. He’s going to get a chance to develop his skills and work his way to earning a starting role.”

Follow me on Twitter: @AaronWilson_NFL

Aaron Wilson covers the Texans for The Houston Chronicle.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...ns-4-38-for-los-angels-rams-at-local-workout/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Matt Waldman’s Boiler Room: Aaron Green, RB, TCU
Written by Bryan Perez on October 26, 2015

We’re pleased to welcome back Matt Waldman and his film room analysis to Draft Breakdown’s 2016 NFL Draft coverage.

His Boiler Room series evaluates a prospect’s strengths and weaknesses in quick-hitting fashion from the perspective of one of the industry’s most talented scouting minds. We previously posted his installment on Josh Doctson here. Now it’s time to take a look at the running back position and Doctson’s teammate, Aaron Green:

View: https://youtu.be/ylGg83LHYFY

View: https://twitter.com/AaronGreen22/status/726562319338074112

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So far

Rams UDFA signings:

Brandon Chubb ILB, Wake Forest
Brian Randolph S, Tennessee
Michael Jordan CB, Missouri Western
Nicholas Grigsby LB, Pittsburgh
Kache Palaci LB/FB, Washington State