2014 NFL draft day 2 discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"The next time [Mason] blocks someone in pass pro will be the first time."

Glorious.
Well you've got to consider the team he played for. I don't blame Mason for the offensive philosophy or playcalling.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams and Niners clearly having a better draft than Seattle or Arizona IMO.

Slappy967

Starter
Come on Snisher trade back up into round 3. To quote governor Schwarzneggar "Do it! DO IT NOWWWWWWWW"!

crazyhorns

Rookie
Unless they are planning on trading back up i think this pick was bad for us. We still have holes to fill no need to for a rb this early.

I disagree. Round three is not a round that good teams fill holes. The Rams have addressed needs in the first couple of rounds.

Robert

Rookie
Can we keep the spoilers off the board when it comes to the rams. I don't care about for other teams but kinda kills the excitement for me and I'm sure a few others

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless they are planning on trading back up i think this pick was bad for us. We still have holes to fill no need to for a rb this early.

We have a need at HB. Stacy gets nicked up a lot and we obviously want to run the ball a lot. I don't know that we can trust Cunningham or D-Rich.

Robert

Rookie
I disagree. Round three is not a round that good teams fill holes. The Rams have addressed needs in the first couple of rounds.
The rams still have bigger needs that could have been filled here. Unless your ok with McLeod still being on the field I think we should have added another db

crazyhorns

Rookie
Can we keep the spoilers off the board when it comes to the rams. I don't care about for other teams but kinda kills the excitement for me and I'm sure a few others

Yes lets not give it away some of us like to watch it

Robert

Rookie
We have a need at HB. Stacy gets nicked up a lot and we obviously want to run the ball a lot. I don't know that we can trust Cunningham or D-Rich.
I trust Cunningham and d rich more then I trust McLeod just my opinion though

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Did I just see something on NFLN ticker that Mallet has been traded to Texans?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Moncrief is dropping hard. Weird.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Espn or NFL network.

Me NFL network.

Whats with the fifty commercials tonight compared to last night.

RamBill

Legend
Kiper-McShay both loved the pick

From Twitter

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Mason a good back.Wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for starter carries. More explosive than Stacy but didn't think they'd go RB this high.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

I don't like picks of RBs here (Mason), especially after taking backs the past two years, but he's good. GRADE: C+

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Rams are having one of the best drafts of any team so far.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

#Rams RB Tre Mason was Greg Cosell's No. 1 RB in draft. Broke Bo Jackson's Auburn rushing record in 2013. 5'9/207. 4.50 40. 10'6 broad jump.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

#STLPick Tre Mason. Auburn RB. Joins teammate OT Greg Robinson. Jeff Fisher watched a lot of Auburn games last few yrs. son Trent played DB

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

#Rams select RB Tre Mason. Nice value. Only question is whether he can be an every down RB. 5th RB off the board so far.

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

For those asking, this means bad news for Pead and Richardson. Cunningham still in plans. Admittedly surprised they went RB this early.

Casey Pearce ‏@ccpearce

Last year Rams went same school in rds 1 & 3 (West Virginia). Did it again this year in Auburn.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Stacy is clearly at least the first and second down RB. Mason will eventually back him up. Richardson and Pead need to find a role.