2014 NFL draft day 2 discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would like to see another CB before we go QB. We have Bradford and Hill no need to go early for a back up QB
Agreed. Secondary,OG,WR,LB....BPA of course.
I want David Fales but without a 5th rounder i dont know.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jags just trade up(with NE)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
can someone explain why Yankey is still out there?

Poor measurables. Some inconsistencies in his game. Should have gone before a number of these OGs. IMO, he's a poor man's DeCastro.

EDIT: Yikes, should have gone before Linder for sure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Bob McGinn:
7. DAVID YANKEY, Stanford (6-5½, 316, 5.49, 3-4) – Fourth-year junior with 26 starts at LG and 14 at LT. "A real battler," said one scout. "Generally a good anchor. Gets careless with head duck and will lunge. A Stanford kid will do what he needs to do to be successful." Smart (Wonderlic of 30), has 34-inch arms and adequate strength. "He's consistent at being inconsistent," another scout said. "There's a lot of want there, but I just think he's nonathletic. He's a stiff guy. That bothers me. But you know what? There's so many in the league like that. I don't like him." From Roswell, Ga. "I must not know what the heck I'm doing," a third scout said. "He's one of the most disappointing guys I saw. I see that guy get pushed around, then he ran 5.5 at the combine. You've got to be kidding me. Free agent."

BeerOClock

Rookie
Newsflash: Browns WR Nate Burleson broke his arm today. Gordon is about to be suspended. Browns have yet to draft a WR. Looks like Manziel is going to have to pass to Manziel this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Poor measurables. Some inconsistencies in his game. Should have gone before a number of these OGs. IMO, he's a poor man's DeCastro.

EDIT: Yikes, should have gone before Linder for sure.

I want to trade up for him. Seriously.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to trade up for him. Seriously.

I think he might fall to us. If I were trading up, it'd be for a CB like Nevin Lawson.(to get out ahead of the 4th round CB run that I expect is coming)

IMO, the run on OGs is about to end.

BeerOClock

Rookie
Newsflash: Browns WR Nate Burleson broke his arm today. Gordon is about to be suspended. Browns have yet to draft a WR. Looks like Manziel is going to have to pass to Manziel this year.

So the Browns trade up and get a RB........

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Ridiculous amount of OLs in the first 3 rounds.

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah I wasn't saying we should take a QB with our 4th Rd pick I was asking people what positions did we think the team would try and get next.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
can someone explain why Yankey is still out there?

Totally forgot about that name.. but I remember during the draft process, people said he looked bad during his workouts and he looked physically soft with bad body composition. I also remember if I'm not mistaken his senior bowl workouts were underwhelming. I didn't like what I saw and I hope we don't take him.