2 first round picks for Eli Manning...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I'd wait until next year and sign him as a free agent, if the Rams even need him then.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Absolutely no fucking way.
He's a good QB but...(see above).

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If memory serves he struggled early to learn and implement that new offense. Not saying he's a dummy or anything, but would he have the motivation to learn a new offense, in a new city, under a new HC?

I'm not buying bossman.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh wait! You meant taking on Manning's contract in exchange for their next two first rounders. I might consider that.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm surprised people think we've got a better option in the bag.

Aren't we just a QB away, mostly?

Personally, if I knew Bradford would stay healthy no way I do the deal. But... I can't fathom seeing another season down the tubes due to losing our QB. So... A deal for Manning mitigates that.

Another option I'd choose before dealing for EM, probably, is if we could get a top QB in the draft. In that scenario, I'd be okay rolling the dice with SB. But... There's no guarantee that falls into place.

So, Manning is the safest option for immediate playoff run.

Regardless; I don't see this happening.

In fairness man the question wasn't do we have a better option. Eli (minus Sam) is better than what we have. I still wouldn't even consider 2 first rounders for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's not about having a better option. It's about not setting your franchise back by giving up that much capital for no future.

If he were a free agent, sign me up. But I'm not even considering giving up two first round picks for him.

Didn't the RG3 trade position us with talent that our window has opened?

It's time to win.

Let's say Eli has 3 years left. Would Eli Manning make us a playoff threat over those 3 years?

Truthfully, if it really came down to pulling the trigger, I'd pause. But we mess up the decision at QB; it's another season around 8-8. And... we're talking about this same topic next year at this time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the Giants wouldnt do it either. Coughlin barely survived this season and enters next year as lame duck. Both he and Reese NEED to win next year or they're done.
Who you gonna stake your career on? Eli Manning or Ryan Nassib???

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Politely decline. Why would we surrender so much for what we've been building on under Fisher?

Eli has 1 year left on contract and career, just a guess. Plus we'll inherit his $19.7 cap hit. In turn setting us back to only a 2015 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick as of now and no 1st in 2016 either.

We NEED to draft a QB for the future not trade for one going into his 11th season. Who know what happens with Bradford aside.
NO!! I would not be surprised if BOTH Manning Brothers Retire this year!

Irish

Starter
Look at the teams in the playoffs this year. All of them, with the exception of Arizona, had a franchise QB.

Wilson (Drafted)
Brady (Drafted)
Rodgers (Drafted)
Newton (Drafted)
P Manning (Greatest of all time at end of career on second team)
Luck (Drafted)
Flacco (Drafted)

You have to, have to, have to draft your QB, and you have to make the right choice when it presents itself. Unfortunately, the Rams draft history on QBs has been woefully inadequate, and with no OC and no real QB prospects outside of Winston in this draft, we are looking at the spectre of yet another lost season.

Man, I hate the "QB League" NFL

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Yes, but not for the all those draft picks and it would have to be performance based..like Brett Favre's deal to the Jets

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Id first offer those 2 first round picks to a team at the top of the draft in attempt to get one of the top QBs if that didnt work I would call the Giants to see if they wanted to deal. Eli has at least 3 more years in him and if we fix the with FA and our other picks our Superbowl window opens for the next 3 years. To me a chance a superbowl rings is worth 2 first round picks. Plus with all the extra first round picks we got in the RG3 deal we would kinda come out even it would be like giving 2 of those 3 first round picks back for a franchise QB. This team is loaded with talent as long as we can keep our guys in house and continue to draft good we would be just fine. I dont think this deal sets us back I think it propels us to an elite team.