2 first round picks for Eli Manning...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Trades that would be better for 2 #1's for Eli Manning
2015's 1,2,3,5,7 - 2016's 1 and 2017's 1 for Aaron Rodgers
2015's 1,2,3,5,7 - 2016's 1 for JJ Watt

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Id first offer those 2 first round picks to a team at the top of the draft in attempt to get one of the top QBs if that didnt work I would call the Giants to see if they wanted to deal. Eli has at least 3 more years in him and if we fix the with FA and our other picks our Superbowl window opens for the next 3 years. To me a chance a superbowl rings is worth 2 first round picks. Plus with all the extra first round picks we got in the RG3 deal we would kinda come out even it would be like giving 2 of those 3 first round picks back for a franchise QB. This team is loaded with talent as long as we can keep our guys in house and continue to draft good we would be just fine. I dont think this deal sets us back I think it propels us to an elite team.

I see it similarly Junkie.

They give up this year's 10 overall pick for Eli, and next year after we go deep into the playoffs the first round pick they get is gonna be late first round because this team is gonna be set with both Eli and Sam at the QB position. It would also equate into Eli being re-signed and paid as the starter and Sam backing him up for one year. The remainder of this draft would then consist of OL and BPA from the second round pick on. It is very deep in OL, so the Rams would easily be able to bring in a couple good prospects to mix in with current depth and a FA signee for the interior.

And you know, occasionally teams do part with quality QBs via trade. Last notable one was Drew Brees, who went on to demonstrate what he could do with strong coaching and talent.

All of this aside, I do admit that I doubt NY would part with Eli for two first round picks. But I would ask, because I do think Eli is good for 3-4 years in a run-heavy offense passing off of play action.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at that price and, therefore, it couldn't happen.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
IF, in the opinion of the medical staff, Bradford is not going to be ready for the 2015 season, then I say yes. The Rams are knocking on the door of the playoffs and Eli is a two-time Super Bowl winner, that's not just a coincidence.

Is he the top QB in the game? No.
Is he better than any other potential FA? Yes.
Is he better than what the Rams currently have? Yes.
Is he better than a healthy Bradford? TBD.

It would be a stiff price to pay, just depends on how much you value winning now vs. 2, 3 or 4 years from now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
No way dude. Injuries and bad defense was.

41 int. 80.75 qbr,67 sacks the last 2 seasons behind a better Oline because he holds the ball to long the last 2 years. 34 years old. His contract. 17 mil. in 2015 then FA. So two 1st's for a one year rental, or a rental and have to franchise him for 20mil. the second season.
No thanks for 2 1st's.
Thats about what Austin Davis projects at stat wise.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
IF, in the opinion of the medical staff, Bradford is not going to be ready for the 2015 season, then I say yes. The Rams are knocking on the door of the playoffs and Eli is a two-time Super Bowl winner, that's not just a coincidence.

Is he the top QB in the game? No.
Is he better than any other potential FA? Yes.
Is he better than what the Rams currently have? Yes.
Is he better than a healthy Bradford? TBD.

It would be a stiff price to pay, just depends on how much you value winning now vs. 2, 3 or 4 years from now.
He's a FA after next season. Unless the Rams franchise him it might be a one and done thing.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
41 int. 80.75 qbr,67 sacks the last 2 seasons behind a better Oline because he holds the ball to long the last 2 years. 34 years old. His contract. 17 mil. in 2015 then FA. So two 1st's for a one year rental, or a rental and have to franchise him for 20mil. the second season.
No thanks for 2 1st's.
Thats about what Austin Davis projects at stat wise.

I agree I wouldn't want to give up 2 1st rounders. My point in response to your post was that he WASN'T a problem in NY. If anything, he's been underrated during his time and unfairly criticized.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I agree I wouldn't want to give up 2 1st rounders. My point in response to your post was that he WASN'T a problem in NY. If anything, he's been underrated during his time and unfairly criticized.

41 picks for a player of the talent he used to display is a problem to me. Last season he was pretty good. But the year before he was Wow bad. So which Eli we gonna get. And would he even want to come here? He might be a one and done guy, and at any price it's too high because all it does is push the QB dilemma back a year.

But honestly, the Giants should cut bait with him. He's regressed to the point he won't lead them to another SB, more so to the lack of talent on the team. He has a big contract with a modest cap hit.
It's time for them to let go of the past.

And a lot of the times with guys like Manning, If the Giants are shopping him they won't get any takers since teams would rather get him for free as a FA and negotiate their own contract with him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
41 picks for a player of the talent he used to display is a problem to me. Last season he was pretty good. But the year before he was Wow bad. So which Eli we gonna get. And would he even want to come here? He might be a one and done guy, and at any price it's too high because all it does is push the QB dilemma back a year.

But honestly, the Giants should cut bait with him. He's regressed to the point he won't lead them to another SB, more so to the lack of talent on the team. He has a big contract with a modest cap hit.
It's time for them to let go of the past.

And a lot of the times with guys like Manning, If the Giants are shopping him they won't get any takers since teams would rather get him for free as a FA and negotiate their own contract with him.

2013 was an anomaly. Overall in his career he's shown to be a good QB you can depend on, but he has flaws like the majority of QBs. I disagree he's regressed, especially when he had his best year in a new offense that was a complete 180 than what he was used to. And losing Victor Cruz early on (and for a stretch didn't have OBJ either).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't the RG3 trade position us with talent that our window has opened?

It's time to win.

Let's say Eli has 3 years left. Would Eli Manning make us a playoff threat over those 3 years?

Truthfully, if it really came down to pulling the trigger, I'd pause. But we mess up the decision at QB; it's another season around 8-8. And... we're talking about this same topic next year at this time.

Maybe. We don't know what Eli we'd get.

The RGIII trade put us in position to have a strong future. If we were trading for a young QB, I'd be all for it. But there's no reason to negatively impact our future and overpay.

It is time to win. But that doesn't mean we make a potentially catastrophic error.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Giants would jump ALL over it. As would I if I was their GM.

I wouldn't do it as the Rams though. Mortgage the future on an INT machine? The guy throws more interceptions than anyone I've ever see - except maybe Rex Grossman (the interceptorus Rex - or Jay Cutler...)

He's an iron man - at least you'd guarantee he'd be on the field. But he's a bad quarterback. If theres any hope at all Sam's healthy he starts ahead of him every week -and if he goes down (god forbid) then I'd rather play a rookie who at least has a chance to improve than Eli.

EDIT;

Just to be clear - in case I wasn't clear enough - I wouldn't even give a 7th round conditional pick for this chump.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Giants would jump ALL over it. As would I if I was their GM.

I wouldn't do it as the Rams though. Mortgage the future on an INT machine? The guy throws more interceptions than anyone I've ever see - except maybe Rex Grossman (the interceptorus Rex - or Jay Cutler...)

He's an iron man - at least you'd guarantee he'd be on the field. But he's a bad quarterback. If theres any hope at all Sam's healthy he starts ahead of him every week -and if he goes down (god forbid) then I'd rather play a rookie who at least has a chance to improve than Eli.

EDIT;

Just to be clear - in case I wasn't clear enough - I wouldn't even give a 7th round conditional pick for this chump.

No offense, but bad QB's don't win 2 Superbowls.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hell no I wouldn't give up a 3rd for Eli.
I'd give up a third with a smile on my face.

But as far as 2 firsts? No way. NYG wouldn't do that deal either. They just drafted a dynamic young WR, they aren't going to hit the reload button right now at QB.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wouldn't agree with what some have said he is...I would not agree with what have said he is not...I think he's a very good QB entering the twilight of his career...As a bridge guy or protection against Sam frying ACL #3, I would go for him...I not only wouldn't give 2 #1s, I would give one...I simply don't think he's worth any first round picks to this team at this point in his career...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I just think there's an exception to every rule and this guys it.

Good teams win superbowls - not 1 good individual player.

He looked awfully good against the Ram defense this year.

Many said Warner was washed up in NY, a turnover machine. Hmmmm...I wonder if he forgot how to play or......it's a team friggin game and even great QBs look pedestrian without blocking and competent receivers!

I'm not saying I'd do a two firsts deal (too steep), but Eli is too good for this level of criticism