1st Round | Pick 1, Rams Select: QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
12976361_469337236585672_729232300_n.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm not questioning anyone's fandom. I'm telling him if he's not a Goff guy, he can go. Because Goff was the pick and that ain't changing.

If anything, you're only proving that I talk the talk and walk the walk. I made it very clear that if the Rams didn't go out and do what I thought was necessary, I'd walk away rather than stay around here and pee pee and moan about the players they did get.

You're welcome to think this is the wrong choice. But if you're not going to root for the kid and you don't consider him your guy now, you have no business talking about my "fandom."

Because I've seen posters who acted that way (*cough Old Larry*) and that is why I told myself I would not be that guy. I would go root for the Jaguars rather than be that guy.

Luckily, things worked out.

This is all BS. I've been a Rams fan since the early 70's. I'm not a fan of individual players, per se. So, NO, I'm not a Goff fan, I'm a Rams fan. I think the pick was a mistake like Bradford was a mistake, but I rooted for him as a Ram as I will root for Goff as a Ram.

But your current take of Goff bandwagon or gtfo is crap and you can keep it. I have much stronger words on his, but I don't wanna be banned over this so I'll leave it at that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Easy to sit here, complain, and say we're going to suck this year. You get the good ole win-win. You either get to be right or the Rams win.

I don't care. The Rams are going to win this year. And I won't be asking for anyone to eat crow. I'll just sit back and enjoy it when the Rams have broken 6 wins by the 10th game this year.

No reason for Fisher to hide the ball. He knows how good Goff is. He knows Goff will earn the job by Week 1.
He already gave him the job...

And what I'm saying is based on what I know about football and what I see going forward...

But I suppose that just makes me a Rams hating casual, huh? /smh

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Easy to sit here, complain, and say we're going to suck this year. You get the good ole win-win. You either get to be right or the Rams win.

I don't care. The Rams are going to win this year. And I won't be asking for anyone to eat crow. I'll just sit back and enjoy it when the Rams have broken 6 wins by the 10th game this year.

No reason for Fisher to hide the ball. He knows how good Goff is. He knows Goff will earn the job by Week 1.

Well, you were right about Tavon Austin and you were right about Aaron Donald and I have no doubt you will be right about Jared Goff...I understand you're humble Counselor, but I don't mind communicating facts over generalizations!

RamzFanz

Damnit
And you can keep going with your ridiculous psychoanalysis. I'll just go ahead and ignore it because it holds no value and means absolutely nothing. Will do us both a favor rather than argue over something so trivial.

We're all his people. He's the Rams' new QB. If you're not one of his people, go join a Seacocks or Whiners board.

Ohhhhhhh, so now we have to support our QB or leave? Not that I don't, I've been pretty clear, but is that the new rule? I can't keep up you change sides so often.

I didn't know you bought ROD and are making the rules now. I'm going to miss CGI, he's a solid guy.

Hey Jrry, he looked scared. It is what it is. It probably means nothing, but I'd rather he didn't look scared.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He already gave him the job...

And what I'm saying is based on what I know about football and what I see going forward...

But I suppose that just makes me a Rams hating casual, huh? /smh

He didn't quite give him the job. He said the goal is for him to be the Week 1 starter. And I agree. He's talented enough to be a #1 overall pick. The goal should be for him to be starting Week 1.

You're entitled to your opinion. But if you're going to be bitter and hate Goff throughout his career as a Ram then yes, we'll have a problem. If you root for Goff and hope for the best, that's enough for me.

This is all BS. I've been a Rams fan since the early 70's. I'm not a fan of individual players, per se. So, NO, I'm not a Goff fan, I'm a Rams fan. I think the pick was a mistake like Bradford was a mistake, but I rooted for him as a Ram as I will root for Goff as a Ram.

But your current take of Goff bandwagon or gtfo is crap and you can keep it. I have much stronger words on his, but I don't wanna be banned over this so I'll leave it at that.

My current take is that Goff is a Ram. If you're a Rams fan, you should be rooting for Goff. There should be no "Goff guys" or "his people." We should all be Goff guys and Goff people...because we're Rams guys and Rams people. Goff is a Ram. He's likely our starting QB. Gotta accept that and hope for the best.

You think Goff was the wrong pick. Fine. Get it out of your system now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ohhhhhhh, so now we have to support our QB or leave?

You can do whatever you want. But as far as I'm concerned, if you don't support our QB, you can go join a Seacocks or Whiners board. I don't want another Old Larry. Those type of people are the worst.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, you were right about Tavon Austin and you were right about Aaron Donald and I have no doubt you will be right about Jared Goff...I understand you're humble Counselor, but I don't mind communicating facts over generalizations!

Mack has been right plenty too. I think I'm right. He thinks he's right. That's part of being a football fan. But I feel like it's always harder to be optimistic than pessimistic.

I hope I'm right about Goff. Because he's the Rams guy. I think I'm right. We'll find out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So, before the pitchfork and torches mob shows again, I can't wait to see Goff and TA hook up. He's the perfect TA QB. Hits WRs on the run and in tight spots. This is TA's season, mark my words.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You can do whatever you want. But as far as I'm concerned, if you don't support our QB, you can go join a Seacocks or Whiners board. I don't want another Old Larry. Those type of people are the worst.

As opposed to draft who I want or I leave kinda fan? That's loyalty? I didn't leave after Chris Long. Heck, he became one of my all-time favorite Rams. I didn't leave after Bradford, and the acrimony from that still colors current conversations today, so don't you EVER deign to lecture anyone on fandom... There's a reason your stunt was taken as it was... And loyal isn't the first word that comes to mind.

And if you and Snisher are wrong?

I haven't seen anyone saying they will be negative nellies all the time with the intent of saying "I told you so" every time something goes wrong.

That doesn't mean as intelligent fans we can't MAINTAIN the same disagreement we had all along and even as we cheer and root while seeking to address our concerns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My current take is that Goff is a Ram. If you're a Rams fan, you should be rooting for Goff.
Dude...

You should just bow out of this one. When Clemens became the starter a few years back, you lost your shit on this board. When Fisher gave Keenum the vote of confidence going into this season, you said you were outta here if they stuck with that plan. The reality is, you didn't root for anyone once Bradford fell off, and you rejected anyone trying to talk you into supporting the QB as long as he was wearing the uniform. Telling anyone else to do what you were unwilling to do is a futile endeavor.

These guys will work it out of their system in due time. Being bitter about the draft is something you should understand as someone who puts a lot of work into it and someone who's seen the Rams make picks that didn't align with yours over the years. If some of these guys wanna lament the decision to draft Goff over Wentz, then you gotta let them vent a little. When we're playing in late January, all of this stuff they're saying now will fall under plausible deniability. lol.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Mack has been right plenty too. I think I'm right. He thinks he's right. That's part of being a football fan. But I feel like it's always harder to be optimistic than pessimistic.

I hope I'm right about Goff. Because he's the Rams guy. I think I'm right. We'll find out.

Why???

It's not about Goff, it's about the crap, broken, incomplete offense he's going into.

I LIKE GOFF!!!

I'll throw it into Google translate into whatever language I need to to get that point across...

Goff=ok. Rams offense=crap

I'm at a loss after all I've said (and I'm long-winded) how this is still not abundantly clear...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude...

You should just bow out of this one. When Clemens became the starter a few years back, you lost your crap on this board. When Fisher gave Keenum the vote of confidence going into this season, you said you were outta here if they stuck with that plan. The reality is, you didn't root for anyone once Bradford fell off, and you rejected anyone trying to talk you into supporting the QB as long as he was wearing the uniform. Telling anyone else to do what you were unwilling to do is a futile endeavor.

These guys will work it out of their system in due time. Being bitter about the draft is something you should understand as someone who puts a lot of work into it and someone who's seen the Rams make picks that didn't align with yours over the years. If some of these guys wanna lament the decision to draft Goff over Wentz, then you gotta let them vent a little. When we're playing in late January, all of this stuff they're saying now will fall under plausible deniability. lol.

Okay. You're right. To be fair, I rooted for them. But I was pissed. And also to be fair, I did say that I would stop rooting for the Rams if Keenum was the guy because I didn't want to be THAT guy.(the Old Larry)

But I was harsh towards Clemens. So yea, I'll let this one go. I'll just enjoy knowing that Goff is our guy.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Dude...

You should just bow out of this one. When Clemens became the starter a few years back, you lost your crap on this board. When Fisher gave Keenum the vote of confidence going into this season, you said you were outta here if they stuck with that plan. The reality is, you didn't root for anyone once Bradford fell off, and you rejected anyone trying to talk you into supporting the QB as long as he was wearing the uniform. Telling anyone else to do what you were unwilling to do is a futile endeavor.

Oh man, if we're playing in late January, I'll be thrilled to be wrong because...I'M A DIE-HARD RAMS FAN!!!

Won't even be a thing... I got no ego about it for a second... Rams winning or me being right? Not even close...Rams by a country mile!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why???

It's not about Goff, it's about the crap, broken, incomplete offense he's going into.

I LIKE GOFF!!!

I'll throw it into Google translate into whatever language I need to to get that point across...

I'm at a loss after all I've said (and I'm long-winded) how this is still not abundantly clear...

Where we differ is that I think the Rams offense was crap largely because our QBs were crap.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I LIKE GOFF!!!

Have a little faith, Mack. Boras and Goff could be just what the doctor ordered to get that offense up to middle of the pack. Look at what Jacksonville was able to do with a QB and a change in coordinator. They went from 32nd to 14th in one year just by adding Olsen and seeing Bortles mature a little. All we really need is a guy like Allen Robinson and this whole offense could change dramatically.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams fans just can't seem to help themselves and it gets old after a while. There's just so much negativity, we could go 3-0 to start next season with all around good performances and the overall mood of the board will be negative. It gets old reading it constantly.