1st Round | Pick 1, Rams Select: QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Here's what Stan Kroenke had to say about Goff's demeanor and confidence (story in LA Times):

"We didn't make the trade without knowing the guy we wanted; we would never do that," said Kroenke. "You know the guy you want or you don't make the trade."

They want him for his 6-foot-4 frame, for his arm that led to 78 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his final two Cal seasons, for his decision that led to uncanny consistency in the red zone. But the Rams are also thrilled because they think he possesses the intangibles that Kroenke was checking out when he sat next to Goff at their recent interview dinner.

"I made a point of sitting next to Jared, I wanted to get a sense of this kid, in a sense Jared was in the hot seat," Kroenke said. "He was very calm, very collected, very mature, very intelligent, not awed by L.A., frankly, he had a confidence to him, you could tell that."

I have more confidence in this assessment.

...and if you can't take the word of Stan Kroenke, who can you?

Did he say "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to help Goff succeed" because that would be the clincher for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think that look was, " I am a dyed in the wool niners fan about to get picked number one by the team I hate the most!" Ha ha. Go Rams!

He can look at it this way, he can beat his favorite team twice and help them pick higher in the next draft each year. :sneaky:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Anyone else find it strange that the floating banner on the front page has a link to all the late round draft picks , but not to the number one over all pick in the draft ? :thinking: