Youtube reveals its pricing for Sunday Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Especially since this doesn't include prime time games so I'd have to subscribe to youtube in order to actually get all of the games. I guess it's a step up in that you can go online and cancel whenever because there's no contracts. So better then directv but still inadequate. This is a failure by NFL imo. Still no way to get access to ALL games in America without paying over $700 (5-6 months of youtube tv plus sunday ticket if math is correct). Or I can spend $50-100 on yearly vpn sub and $120ish on nfl international and can watch anything I want when I want. Meh.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda yikes. But on the bright side, Youtube TV lets you have 6 members in your family, and doesn't limit you to a single stream like Sunday ticket (I think you can have 3 or 4 simultaneous)?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I also go the VPN route but I've been monitoring this tik tok ban the government is looking into because that law would make it illegal to use a VPN to do such things.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I also go the VPN route but I've been monitoring this tik tok ban the government is looking into because that law would make it illegal to use a VPN to do such things.
Of course....

If it is not broken, break it already... :woozy2: :not:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So it will only cost $25-$27 per week during the season, and you dont even need a subscription to youtube plus? Seems pretty cheap to me.

Psycho_X

Legend
So it will only cost $25-$27 per week during the season, and you dont even need a subscription to youtube plus? Seems pretty cheap to me.
For all Sunday afternoon games. You'll need youtube to get the primetime games so you're adding on $70ish a month. That's the part that annoys me, if it was truly for every single game I'd be more impressed by it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For all Sunday afternoon games. You'll need youtube to get the primetime games so you're adding on $70ish a month. That's the part that annoys me, if it was truly for every single game I'd be more impressed by it.
The primetime games will be still aired on the networks that currently show them, no change there. Direct TV didnt show prime time games, so this is a bonus for youtube tv subscribers, and no change to non youtube subscribers

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I paid about $300 the past couple years or around $75 a month. Then I used sling for $30 for mnf.

Youtube made it more expensive. This isn't yikes. It's bullshit. And you kind of have to take youtubetv for mnf. $70-$80 for that to boot. Jeez.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I paid about $300 the past couple years or around $75 a month. Then I used sling for $30 for mnf.

Youtube made it more expensive. This isn't yikes. It's bullshit. And you kind of have to take youtubetv for mnf. $70-$80 for that to boot. Jeez.

Saves me money as the wife HAS TO HAVE HER HALLMARK!!! Frontier puts that in the premium tier so I pay twice YouTube TV’s price just for that, basically… and I can’t have her use the app because they make so much cable tv money, that they don’t put new releases on the app…

So, yeah, it’s all bullshit profit taking from really shitty people, but it’ll be less for me so I’m happy… while I still agree it’s bullshit and a low down, rotten, dirty shame

Psycho_X

Legend
The primetime games will be still aired on the networks that currently show them, no change there. Direct TV didnt show prime time games, so this is a bonus for youtube tv subscribers, and no change to non youtube subscribers
Yes, if you have youtube already and want to have youtube then you're golden. I don't though and don't really have a need/want for live tv broadcasts so if I went youtube route I'd have to subscribe to it to get ALL games thus making it $700ish. I was hoping NFL would give a way to get ALL games with one package and not some dopey piecemeal options again that add up. But hopefully the VPN route doesn't get outlawed and it won't matter.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Question...

What in the hell does YouTube TV give you for $73 per month? That's their subscription price for YouTube TV, not the Sunday Ticket package. That sure seems like a lot of money unless they have some awesome programming that I am not aware of.

I'll be buying their Sunday Ticket package WITHOUT becoming a YouTube TV subscriber unless somebody can enlighten me on why I should subscribe.

Psycho_X

Legend
Question...

What in the hell does YouTube TV give you for $73 per month? That's their subscription price for YouTube TV, not the Sunday Ticket package. That sure seems like a lot of money unless they have some awesome programming that I am not aware of.

I'll be buying their Sunday Ticket package WITHOUT becoming a YouTube TV subscriber unless somebody can enlighten me on why I should subscribe.
Depends on what you already have... do you get local broadcast tv for free or via other means? If no local tv, you'll need youtube tv or other individual streaming services (Peacock, sling, amazon, etc) to watch SNF, MNF, TNF since Sunday Ticket is only sunday afternoon games.

Other than that youtube is essentially basic cable except streaming instead of hard wired. And with option to cancel any time as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Depends on what you already have... do you get local broadcast tv for free or via other means? If no local tv, you'll need youtube tv or other individual streaming services (Peacock, sling, amazon, etc) to watch SNF, MNF, TNF since Sunday Ticket is only sunday afternoon games.

Other than that youtube is essentially basic cable except streaming instead of hard wired. And with option to cancel any time as well.

Ahhhh. Thanks for clearing that up.

I already stream my local channels and basic cable through Spectrum, so I will not be subscribing to YouTube TV. Spectrum has always provided The RedZone channel in the past. I wonder if YouTube owns RedZone now like they own Sunday Ticket.... I wouldn't think they would since AT&T didn't own RedZone when they had Sunday Ticket.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, if you have youtube already and want to have youtube then you're golden. I don't though and don't really have a need/want for live tv broadcasts so if I went youtube route I'd have to subscribe to it to get ALL games thus making it $700ish. I was hoping NFL would give a way to get ALL games with one package and not some dopey piecemeal options again that add up. But hopefully the VPN route doesn't get outlawed and it won't matter.
You dont have ESPN? Or NBC/ABC?
Sunday Ticket always only showed the Sunday Afternoon games, there is nothing different. Not sure why this is an issue?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahhhh. Thanks for clearing that up.

I already stream my local channels and basic cable through Spectrum, so I will not be subscribing to YouTube TV. Spectrum has always provided The RedZone channel in the past. I wonder if YouTube owns RedZone now like they own Sunday Ticket.... I wouldn't think they would since AT&T didn't own RedZone when they had Sunday Ticket.
Redzone is owned by NFL network and is an offering determined by the service provider.
If you have it now, it shouldnt change.