You're Going to Think I'm Crazy Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
That Cooper Kupp guy looks like a diamond in the rough. Going to dig up more stuff on him.

i need to do some more research on Wentz. Like his size and athleticism. Like the fact he comes from a pro system as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right. Wentz didn't have Flacco production. That's all I'm saying
Flacco had over 7k passing yards, several 400 yard games (in playoff and against Div 1)
Td equal passing yardage not close.
Again, I don't know anything about him and I trust that there are good reasons to be pumped about the kid. I'm just surprised that for a small school kid his numbers don't jump off the charts like the McNair/Roethlisberger/Garapolo/Flacco did

I understand what you're saying. And I hear you. But it's not because of Wentz's lack of ability, it's simply the fact that he plays in an offense that runs the ball and is somewhat pro style in nature. I mean, he has produced more total TDs than Flacco in less games.

I'd just look past the yardage. The kid isn't perfect but he's got decent mobility (4.75 to 4.85 40 would be my guess), a rocket arm (makes difficult NFL throws look easy), and the intangibles all seem to be there. There are flaws present that need to be corrected which make him a risk but I think he's got a lot of upside. If he plays well in the Senior Bowl, I think he'll be a pretty highly regarded kid.

He's just a guy you need to be patient with. I said the same thing about Bortles. Give him time and let him develop. He's a bit more raw than Bortles but has more physical talent.

FRO

Legend
I understand what you're saying. And I hear you. But it's not because of Wentz's lack of ability, it's simply the fact that he plays in an offense that runs the ball and is somewhat pro style in nature. I mean, he has produced more total TDs than Flacco in less games.

I'd just look past the yardage. The kid isn't perfect but he's got decent mobility (4.75 to 4.85 40 would be my guess), a rocket arm (makes difficult NFL throws look easy), and the intangibles all seem to be there. There are flaws present that need to be corrected which make him a risk but I think he's got a lot of upside. If he plays well in the Senior Bowl, I think he'll be a pretty highly regarded kid.

He's just a guy you need to be patient with. I said the same thing about Bortles. Give him time and let him develop. He's a bit more raw than Bortles but has more physical talent.
I prefer Goff, but I'm on board with Wentz considering we won't be in position (hopefully we don't tank) to get Goff. We need a QB of the future and a new QB of the present.

Athos

Legend
Let's just suck for Goff.

We need a real QB. That much is clear. If losing legitimately gets us a real QB of the future.......who fucking cares? This is STILL a QB-Driven League.

FRO

Legend
Let's just suck for Goff.

We need a real QB. That much is clear. If losing legitimately gets us a real QB of the future.......who freaking cares? This is STILL a QB-Driven League.
With our sucky line a QB like Goff with phenomenal pocket movement is a must get.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I could easily live with this draft. doubt it happens but would be happy as hell if it did.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, I think it seems a lot less crazy after Foles's performance today.

Athos

Legend
Goff or MUTINY!

Maybe I'm crazy.......but he's like a bigger Brees. Just gets that ball out quick quick quick!

I've got a chubby for him now..... Do whatever it takes to draft him. You need a QB to win. A real QB. Not a retread like Foles who's ability to not turn the ball over is suited purely for a backup to come in and not lose you the game.

FRO

Legend
Goff or MUTINY!

Maybe I'm crazy.......but he's like a bigger Brees. Just gets that ball out quick quick quick!

I've got a chubby for him now..... Do whatever it takes to draft him. You need a QB to win. A real QB. Not a retread like Foles who's ability to not turn the ball over is suited purely for a backup to come in and not lose you the game.
Same boat on Goff. I don't want to say who he reminds me of because it's probably too lofty. The ball comes out so quick with great zip and accuracy. He is great in the pocket and you see him go through his reads. He is the one.