Your take on draft day round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If the Rams stay at 19 and the rumors of them wanting a left tackle are true, then Mims makes sense. He can sit behind Jackson the entire season if need be.

If that rumor was Bs, then I have no thought on which way the Rams go.
ya i've heard Mims will need coaching, which makes me have nightmares of Jason Smith.
This 1st round pick needs to count.
If they stay at 19 I can see them going many directions, but if they move up at all.... it's gotta be Bowers or one of the top 3 OT's. And since we're kind of OK in the LT dept at the moment, it *should* be Bowers if they move up. It would be a dream scenario for McVay, who's been missing that "move TE" guy for a long time. Love me some Higbeast, but Bowers >> any other TE we've had for a long time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the media like Dallas Turner better than the NFL teams do. I think it was Munson who said that Dallas Turner’s sacks were not impressive. He said they were mainly coverage sacks or chased to him. He said he thinks Turner should be a second round pick.

I know the media types tend to over inflate these guys with elite athleticism that went to big time programs like Alabama.

As for the Falcons, they need pass rush. They also could draft a tackle. I think a lot of teams will try to get them to trade their pick also.
So we've come full circle. Turners sacks weren't good enough and Robinson isn't good because he didn't have enough.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If the Rams stay at 19 and the rumors of them wanting a left tackle are true, then Mims makes sense. He can sit behind Jackson the entire season if need be.

If that rumor was Bs, then I have no thought on which way the Rams go
It sure seemed like Rams wanted top tackle, not a tackle. Don't see them grabbing one at 19.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

If that rumor was Bs, then I have no thought on which way the Rams go.
I'd consider that a disastrous day 1. Mims isn't seeing the field at all this year and is almost completely unproven.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
ya i've heard Mims will need coaching, which makes me have nightmares of Jason Smith.
This 1st round pick needs to count.
If they stay at 19 I can see them going many directions, but if they move up at all.... it's gotta be Bowers or one of the top 3 OT's. And since we're kind of OK in the LT dept at the moment, it *should* be Bowers if they move up. It would be a dream scenario for McVay, who's been missing that "move TE" guy for a long time. Love me some Higbeast, but Bowers >> any other TE we've had for a long time.
Yes, shades of Smith/Robinson. Yuck.

I actually could (and am starting to) feel like Bowers drops. The positional value is so low with a TE (I know he plays slot etc) and he has had zero testing. I could see him go to Colts or Bengals, just before us.

Memphis Ram

Legend
1714060579016.png