Your Starbucks Drink

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Hahahahahahaaaaa

Back about 27 years ago I used to frequent that joint. It was a younger crowd back in those days I guess. I met a smoking hot chick there who became my Louisville girlfriend. She was actually on the Pantene shampoo hair commercials back then because of her long blonde hair. I had to work up there for about a year. Stacey was this girl's name... she made my time up there so nice. She could not believe it when I told her I wasn't going to bring her with me back to Florida when I finally finished my work up there. She was unforgettable though.

So Jim Porters holds a special place in my heart man. Kinda bummed to hear it closed.
What area do you live in Florida my brother just moved to the Bradenton-Siesta Key area about 3 months ago

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I'm in the Orlando area... central Florida. Your bro lives like 2.5 hours southwest of where I am.
I love the panhandle area Navarre,Perdido Key or Orange Beach Alabama hopefully when I retire in about 10 years we move there or buy a condo.

…..

Legend
Quad grande hazelnut latte.

If I do Starbucks, thats what I get and Ive nevered ordered anything different than that. Not a fan of iced coffees but my wife like the red one.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
In case anyone missed this in Make Us Laugh thread.

7cbf018b7947c43a4fd56839e6ca9143.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yes, I can make a Frappuccino at home that'll be a quarter of the cost I only need to drive the 30 minute commute, pull out a blender, hand scoop some ice cream, brew some cheap coffee, prepare it and package it, clean up after myself, drive back 30 minutes to work and then enjoy it... oh wait I just wasted an hour and a half of my work day making my own. One day I'll be retired and enjoy all of the handmade milkshakes I desire. Until then convenience is the name of the game.

I thought it would have been obvious that my post wasn't directed at those who would be inconvenienced due to your work related inability to make something similar from home, I was merely offering an option.
Prior to my retirement I went to Starbucks on occasion, but my being mostly in L.A. at the time found they were crowded with lengthy lines, stressed baristas and impatient customers. I wasn't into the syrupy, sugary excessive caloric intake and soon discovered I was far happier getting my coffee at the local bagel shop. jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Over the years I'm not sure who is more pretentious, Starbucks customers or the people who hate Starbucks.
Pretentious? For "hating" Starbucks? That's pretty much the pot calling the kettle black
Starbucks coffee isnt high quality. Dark roasted beans has been the house flavor, that bitter Starbucks taste. And dark roasted beans are the cheapest Do their phoofy drinks with a splash of coffee taste good? Sure. But you're basically paying 5 Guys prices for a McDonalds hamburger. Not a lot of quality, just loads of fat, sugar and chemicals.
Not pretentious, factual.
There's also many reasons to hate Starbucks without pretention, they've had serious labor issues, have falsely advertised "organic" and contribute very little towards humanitarian organizations despite claiming they do.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean... sure. There's always cheaper options. I bring a thermos of coffee i make at home before work and drink that in the morning. If I get starbucks it's on a lunchbreak at work where I can place an order on my phone, drive two minutes to it, go straight in and grab drink without interacting with anyone, and go back to work.

Yes, I can make a Frappuccino at home that'll be a quarter of the cost I only need to drive the 30 minute commute, pull out a blender, hand scoop some ice cream, brew some cheap coffee, prepare it and package it, clean up after myself, drive back 30 minutes to work and then enjoy it... oh wait I just wasted an hour and a half of my work day making my own. One day I'll be retired and enjoy all of the handmade milkshakes I desire. Until then convenience is the name of the game.
If I want a milkshake, I go to Braums. It takes me all of 10 minutes to make a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts. A splash of cream and a sweet n' low if I want it that day, and I'm done. You want the gourmet experience with all of the different flavor options. I just like coffee, but knock yourself out. Btw, the coffee is not cheap, but it is inexpensive and good.

Psycho_X

Legend
If I want a milkshake, I go to Braums. It takes me all of 10 minutes to make a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts. A splash of cream and a sweet n' low if I want it that day, and I'm done. You want the gourmet experience with all of the different flavor options. I just like coffee, but knock yourself out. Btw, the coffee is not cheap, but it is inexpensive and good.
Yeah I’ve never liked the taste of dunkin donuts coffee. Love the donuts though.

Psycho_X

Legend
I thought it would have been obvious that my post wasn't directed at those who would be inconvenienced due to your work related inability to make something similar from home, I was merely offering an option.
Prior to my retirement I went to Starbucks on occasion, but my being mostly in L.A. at the time found they were crowded with lengthy lines, stressed baristas and impatient customers. I wasn't into the syrupy, sugary excessive caloric intake and soon discovered I was far happier getting my coffee at the local bagel shop. jmo.
I always just want black coffee first thing in morning so I generally make my own to take. Starbucks is just a way to take a break during the day really and luckily it’s not a pain to get to where I live. There is a nice coffee shop I like but it’s on the other side of town unfortunately so got to get what one can get. It's certainly not something I can do every day like I do with regular coffee though.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Because Starbucks coffee is crap. It's not a coffee company, it's a marketing company.
The drinks that are the most popular (and most expensive) are the ones that disguise the flavor of coffee the most
That's because coffee tastes like dirt and feet.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm in the Orlando area... central Florida. Your bro lives like 2.5 hours southwest of where I am.
I'm not too far from you, living in New Port Richey atm and In a year or so will be back In Palm Harbor where I grew up.

And as far as Starbucks is concerned, every couple years I'll go through and get a vanilla Frappuccino with a shot of espresso.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starbucks is fine. But we rarely go get coffee, just make it at home. With the Keurig we can buy different brands, but just make a single cup at a time.

I've also noticed that dairy tends to trigger my acid reflux so it's dairy free half and half for me.

Used to only like the floofy drinks but have slowly come around to just enjoying the taste of the coffee, with just a little half and half

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That's because coffee tastes like dirt and feet.

Honestly, coffee doesn't taste all that great to me. But I need it in the morning. I tried substituting energy drinks. But I prefer the hot coffee in the mornings. After two, maybe a 3rd cup I'm done for the day. Its just something that has become habit forming for me.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Honestly, coffee doesn't taste all that great to me. But I need it in the morning. I tried substituting energy drinks. But I prefer the hot coffee in the mornings. After two, maybe a 3rd cup I'm done for the day. Its just something that has become habit forming for me.
I have found that just the smallest amount of salt, literally as little as you can make come out of the shaker, like a lot of the bitterness. Doing that I can use cream only and still enjoy the coffee.

Do you also dislike wine ?

View attachment 47751
I do actually. I dislike wine quite a bit. I don't really like the taste of alcohol though. Any alcohol is pretty bad. I have to cover it up no matter what I'm drinking. I can have maybe two beers before the alcohol flavor is to much for me to care to continue.

Psycho_X

Legend
To hopefully save someone the cost, the new Apple Crisp Macchiato is fucking awful. Good god it was so bad and it left an after taste to remind you how bad it was.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And dark roasted beans are the cheapest Do their phoofy drinks with a splash of coffee taste good?

Plus, the dark roasted beans have less caffeine than the blonde roasted beans, or so I've been told.

So screw them.