LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I grew up on Polkas on Sunday morning and Lawrence Welk Sunday night. Country in the basement with dad, classical with mom during the day and rock with my older sisters.
Don't know if you were ever actually from Minnesota , but if you were , do you remember a show called Bandwagon , it was filmed in Mankato on KEYC channel 12 ?

when I was a kid , it aired like on Saturday nights at 6:30

always remember my grandparents would watch it , because it was filmed with a live audience , and at the end of the show , they would scroll all the names and where they were from , from all the people in the audience , so we would have to always watch the end credits to see if my grandparents knew anyone from that nights audience , and quite often they did

well , believe it or not , this show is STILL on the air , it first started in 1960 , and has run continuously since, they film it once a month , first Monday of every month , they film the whole months shows at once , 4 or 5 shows at once , but now it airs every Saturday morning at 11:00 AM

so if anyone is in the neighborhood, on the first Monday of the month and looking for something to do , stop by the KEYC studio in Mankato MN , and enjoy some fine Polka music

this show has been on the air for 59 straight years

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmPiQPoi2TA

417132_G.jpg

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Growing up in my fathers house you couldn't watch the Lawrence Welk show or polka music. He hated it. Never really knew why, but he would go into something akin to a seizure if it was on his TV. My brother and I would wait till we went to my grandparents house. And ask if we could watch the show. It had basically the same affect on my father as it did at home but there was nothing he could do about it because it wasn't his house. My brother and I would set there like little angels grinning the whole time. We normally paid for it at a later date but it sure was fun watching him fidget.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Don't know if you were ever actually from Minnesota , but if you were , do you remember a show called Bandwagon , it was filmed in Mankato on KEYC channel 12 ?

always remember my grandparents would watch it , because it was filmed with a live audience , and at the end of the show , they would scroll all the names and where they were from , from all the people in the audience , so we would have to always watch the end credits to see if my grandparents knew anyone from that nights audience , and quite often they did

well , believe it or not , this show is STILL on the air , it first started in 1960 , and has run continuously since, they film it once a month , first Monday of every month , they film the whole months shows at once , 4 or 5 shows at once , but now it airs every Saturday morning at 11:00 AM

so if anyone is in the neighborhood, on the first Monday of the month and looking for something to do , stop by the KEYC studio in Mankato MN , and enjoy some fine Polka music

417132_G.jpg

417132_G.jpg

I Grew up in Appleton, WI, 28.4 miles from Lambeau Field. In the heart of Packer Country. Sunday mornings were Frankie Yankovic and a couple of local polka shows that were recorded locally on Friday and Saturday nights.