LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Al Stewart - 'Last Days of the Century.' Al Stewart is the thinking man's artist. His love of history infuses his lyrics. Tori Amos sings background on this song. Absolutely love the fretless bass line. WIKI

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Derek has got a great voice, and the Rams need more players on their team, with personalities like Ted Nugent. Very aggressive personality type!!! I'll have to run upstairs and grab my headphones to listen to the Al Stewart Video above me!

Last edited:

PhxRam

Al Stewart - 'Last Days of the Century.' Al Stewart is the thinking man's artist. His love of history infuses his lyrics. Tori Amos sings background on this song. Absolutely love the fretless bass line. WIKI

Doesnt he also do "year of the cat"?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I knew that was coming next. :) My favorite tune by him but he says it's the one song he wrote that he doesn't like because the record company wanted a similar hit like 'Year of the Cat' and that's what came to him. Al, you dummy, don't complain about writing a beautiful song like that. Btw he always had the best sax players. On this song it was Phil Kenzie.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Derek has got a great voice, and the Rams need more players on their team, with personalities like Ted Nugent. Very aggressive personality type!!! I'll have to run upstairs and grab my headphones to listen to the Al Stewart Video above me!

Saw Ted Nugent live in 1976. He came out swinging on a rope and wearing a loincloth, lol. He was the opening act for ZZ Top on the tour where they had live animals on stage with them. Crazy bastards all of them. :rockon:

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Saw Ted Nugent live in 1976. He came out swinging on a rope and wearing a loincloth, lol. He was the opening act for ZZ Top on the tour where they had live animals on stage with them. Crazy bastards all of them. :rockon:

I was at that show! Vultures!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Gregory Isaacs is another Reggae Legend. He loved to sing about the ladies.

I sent this video to Kevin Demoff a few years back when he passed out or whatever it was and he had to go to the hospital. I've sent it to a poster here too when he was also in the hospital.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I was at that show! Vultures!

Summer of 76 at the Cow Palace. As I recall the vultures and some of the animals got a bit nervous due to the volume of the music and there were incidents at other venues so they had to play without them on stage. Good times!

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Summer of 76 at the Cow Palace. As I recall the vultures and some of the animals got a bit nervous due to the volume of the music and there were incidents at other venues so they had to play without them on stage. Good times!

I was at the Cotton Bowl Dallas show. Since the wildlife was native to the Texas, they didn't do anything, more awful then eat out the bloated liver, of some dude in the 6th row, tripping on acid. The cops couldn't do anything, cause back in the 70's it wasn't against the law in Dallas, for vultures to ravage swollen livers of hippies at rock concerts.
I'm kidding.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I was at the Cotton Bowl Dallas show. Since the wildlife was native to the Texas, they didn't do anything, more awful then eat out the bloated liver, of some dude in the 6th row, tripping on acid. The cops couldn't do anything, cause back in the 70's it wasn't against the law in Dallas, for vultures to ravage swollen livers of hippies at rock concerts.
I'm kidding.

I was one of those hippies and I can tell you we probably wouldn't have noticed if some bird was gnawing on us. "Hey dude, some gnarly looking bird is chewing on your liver, dude, dude?"
:peace:

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
in the early 90's Pop Poppins were a local fixture in the Dallas club scene. I caught Pop Poppins live around 10 times. Moving Train was one of my favorites song.
Love the harmonies, Bruce's humming vocals, and deep earthy message. Put on the head phones and enjoy!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Never heard this band before. Thanks! This tidbit about Michael Jerome their drummer - "Jerome is double-jointed and ambidextrous, allowing him to play drums in ways no single-jointed normally dextrous drummer would be able to."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What a crazy tune. I'll raise you that one with Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - 'Just Dropped In.' For some reason there's a familiar pic all throughout the video. I blame all the drugs. :sneaky: