LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Man, work it killing me this month, trying to cram stuff in before vacation at the end of the summer. Anyway, here's another one from my favorite Norwegian proggers:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
OK, I'm a gigantic Willie Nelson fan. I've always said if anybody is "the man", it's Willie. He's done duets with just about everyone but one of my very favorites is the "Pancho and Lefty" album with Merle Haggard.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
OK, I'm a gigantic Willie Nelson fan. I've always said if anybody is "the man", it's Willie. He's done duets with just about everyone but one of my very favorites is the "Pancho and Lefty" album with Merle Haggard.

So good
for the last 15 years i have lived in Willie Nelson country - first in Spicewood Texas for about 8 years where he had a ranch before selling it to land developers. He would hide out with people like the woody harrelson, the dixie chicks and owen wilson and that crowd. I have no idea where Willie lives now but he has a great history in Dripping Springs where I have been living for about 7 years. both places are his stomping grounds. There is this venue called the Backyard in Bee Cave where I last saw Willie, Merle, and Ray before it moved up the road a bit. That was back in 2007.

There is a song about Dripping Springs by Johnny Cash
note: whoever posted this video included two songs Down in Dripping Springs is at 2:50 -- the dude also got the name wrong it's not "down drippin' the springs" anyway - pretty badass

CodeMonkey

@Dieter the Brock Cool story. I figured you were from Tejas when you mentioned that you have "caliche" soil in the gardening thread. As a kid, I lived in a small town about 30 miles outside Corpus named Sinton. My dad was the town's Western Auto store proprietor. Speaking of Ray he also did a nice duet with Willie on Seven Spanish Angels. The collective soul of these two men together on stage is moving. In my mind there's only one person in the world that can sing Willie off the stage and that's Ray Charles.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So good
for the last 15 years i have lived in Willie Nelson country - first in Spicewood Texas for about 8 years where he had a ranch before selling it to land developers. He would hide out with people like the woody harrelson, the dixie chicks and owen wilson and that crowd. I have no idea where Willie lives now but he has a great history in Dripping Springs where I have been living for about 7 years. both places are his stomping grounds. There is this venue called the Backyard in Bee Cave where I last saw Willie, Merle, and Ray before it moved up the road a bit. That was back in 2007.

There is a song about Dripping Springs by Johnny Cash
note: whoever posted this video included two songs Down in Dripping Springs is at 2:50 -- the dude also got the name wrong it's not "down drippin' the springs" anyway - pretty badass

Man, that was a great venue. I've seen Yes there twice and Jethro Tull once. Shame they had to move it down the road, I haven't been tot he new one yet.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Pancho and Lefty is one of my all time favorites.
There was a lot of willie Nelson in my house growing up.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
@Dieter the Brock Cool story. I figured you were from Tejas when you mentioned that you have "caliche" soil in the gardening thread. As a kid, I lived in a small town about 30 miles outside Corpus named Sinton. My dad was the town's Western Auto store proprietor. Speaking of Ray he also did a nice duet with Willie on Seven Spanish Angels. The collective soul of these two men together on stage is moving. In my mind there's only one person in the world that can sing Willie off the stage and that's Ray Charles.

this is seriously badass
but the Ray I refer to is the "other Ray" as in Ray Price
check this !

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hate me, but it's catchier than the flu......

CodeMonkey

Thats just some straightforward in-your-face rock. Good stuff Faceplant.