LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Lincoln is the worship leader at my church. Humble guy. Talented as all get out. He played with Journey for the while. Incredible guitar. Can sing too.

I've seen him a few times but haven't had the opportunity to meet him. Yeah, the guy can play. No doubt... :rockon::rockon::rockon:

The times I've seen him live, he's played some Journey stuff. Either a song or a medley. Both of my kids live in the Antelope/Roseville area but every time I've been up there in the last few years, Lincoln has been on the road or I wasn't going to be there on a Sunday. My daughter has seen him at your church.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Hey @RedRam, I know you're a Steve Hackett fan. I like most of the songs on his last album 'Wolflight.' Have you heard it yet? Here's the title song:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLnVcWg3nw

Yeah, I've heard some of the latest album. Hackett is scheduled to play out here at the Orpheum on 4/1/16 I believe. :rockon: I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to make it to the show. :( I've plans with my kids on the 2nd in NorCal. (y) I'm getting too old to be torching the candle like I used to! :sleep: :death:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm getting too old to be torching the candle like I used to! :sleep: :death:

The last two concerts I went to were both in 93, Steely Dan at the Greek Theater in Berkeley and Rod Stewart at the Oakland Coliseum(indoors). It was a lot more fun when I was drinking and smoking doobies, :burp: or maybe it's the whole growing old thing. :flanders:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The last two concerts I went to were both in 93, Steely Dan at the Greek Theater in Berkeley and Rod Stewart at the Oakland Coliseum(indoors). It was a lot more fun when I was drinking and smoking doobies, :burp: or maybe it's the whole growing old thing. :flanders:
'93??!! :wtf: That's crazy! Get out of the house man!! ;)

I heard David Gilmour is going to do one more tour and is supposed to be out here in the spring maybe? I have to check it out. I'd like to see that, for sure.

In an attempt to get out of the funk I've been in since yesterday... :mad::headexplosion::baghead: I've been listening to some old favorites. I just listened to this...like five times...for the solo, which I love, in this song...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
'93??!! :wtf: That's crazy! Get out of the house man!! ;)

You have to remember where I live. It's 3 hours to Baltimore, DC, or Pittsburgh to see any decent bands. This isn't San Jose where there are tons of venues to choose from and the furthest one is an hour away or less.

Not that you asked :sneaky: but here are some of the favorite concerts I've been to in no particular order:

1) Paul Revere and the Raiders - the only reason being that it was the very first show I saw with a major(?) act. Plus Mark Lindsey was so dreamy. :)

2) Tom Petty - which I took you to. Have seen him multiple times. He's always great!

3) George Thorogood at the Keystone in Palo Alto - a great venue. Btw never emulate "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.'

4) Any of the 4 Pink Floyd shows, especially 'Dark Side of the Moon,' 'Animals,' and 'The Wall.'

5) Any of the 3 Genesis concerts - 'A Trick of the Tail' being the best. All at the Cow Palace.

6) New Years Eve show at Winterland with Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane, Sons of Champlin, and Quicksilver with Nicky Hopkins on piano.

7) Johnny and Edgar Winter at the Fillmore West.

8) Mountain at the Fillmore West.

9) Spirit at the Fillmore West.

10) Jethro Tull at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds

11) The Youngbloods with Jesse Colin Young, It's a Beautiful Day, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, Cold Blood. These were all separate shows at my old high school.

12) 2 Boston shows at Winterland.

13) 20 or more shows with Tower of Power at many venues.

14) Lynyrd Skynyrd with Marshall Tucker and the Outlaws at the Concord Pavilion.

15) Ronnie Montrose opening for AC/DC with Bon Scott at the San Jose Civic.

16) Deep Purple opening for the Moody Blues at the Oakland Coliseum(indoors).

17) All of the Day on the Green shows especially the one I took you to with Jeff Beck.

18) Ted Nugent opening for ZZ Top at the Cow Palace.

19) The Pretenders at some small venue in San Francisco.

20) Camel at some tiny club in San Francisco where they brought pitchers of Sangria right to your table.

21) Les Paul and the Guitar Legends at Villa Montalvo.

22) U2 at the Cow Palace in 1984.

Showing off? Nah, I'm just getting started. But this will do for the time being.:rockon:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
You have to remember where I live. It's 3 hours to Baltimore, DC, or Pittsburgh to see any decent bands. This isn't San Jose where there are tons of venues to choose from and the furthest one is an hour away or less.

Not that you asked :sneaky: but here are some of the favorite concerts I've been to in no particular order:

1) Paul Revere and the Raiders - the only reason being that it was the very first show I saw with a major(?) act. Plus Mark Lindsey was so dreamy. :)

2) Tom Petty - which I took you to. Have seen him multiple times. He's always great!

3) George Thorogood at the Keystone in Palo Alto - a great venue. Btw never emulate "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.'

4) Any of the 4 Pink Floyd shows, especially 'Dark Side of the Moon,' 'Animals,' and 'The Wall.'

5) Any of the 3 Genesis concerts - 'A Trick of the Tail' being the best. All at the Cow Palace.

6) New Years Eve show at Winterland with Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane, Sons of Champlin, and Quicksilver with Nicky Hopkins on piano.

7) Johnny and Edgar Winter at the Fillmore West.

8) Mountain at the Fillmore West.

9) Spirit at the Fillmore West.

10) Jethro Tull at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds

11) The Youngbloods with Jesse Colin Young, It's a Beautiful Day, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, Cold Blood. These were all separate shows at my old high school.

12) 2 Boston shows at Winterland.

13) 20 or more shows with Tower of Power at many venues.

14) Lynyrd Skynyrd with Marshall Tucker and the Outlaws at the Concord Pavilion.

15) Ronnie Montrose opening for AC/DC with Bon Scott at the San Jose Civic.

16) Deep Purple opening for the Moody Blues at the Oakland Coliseum(indoors).

17) All of the Day on the Green shows especially the one I took you to with Jeff Beck.

18) Ted Nugent opening for ZZ Top at the Cow Palace.

19) The Pretenders at some small venue in San Francisco.

20) Camel at some tiny club in San Francisco where they brought pitchers of Sangria right to your table.

21) Les Paul and the Guitar Legends at Villa Montalvo.

22) U2 at the Cow Palace in 1984.

Showing off? Nah, I'm just getting started. But this will do for the time being.:rockon:

Move! ;):rolllaugh:
Yeah, you're showing off! ;) I can't remember most of the concerts anymore. :thinking: That tip in line 3) above could've helped before I went to all those shows! ;) :burp: :homercrawl:

That's a good list you have. There are some there that I would've like to have seen but was not allowed because of my age. :mad: Skynyrd most notably. They were a favorite of mine in my youth.

I've probably seen Steve Morse the most. Likely at least dozen or more times.

Genesis probably ten times.

Marillion a bunch. Floyd four times. Rush. Tom Petty probably five or six times. Over the last few years I've taken in the annual TSO show probably five times.

Back in the 70's and 80's it seemed like there was at least one really good major concert a month in the Bay Area. Not to mention all the gigs at places like the Cabaret, the Catalyst, the Rack, JJ's on SC Blvd. Good times! As I recall anyway...:whistle:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
That tip in line 3) above could've helped before I went to all those shows! ;) :burp: :homercrawl:

That was the time I was brought to a motel by two cops after being pulled over on the El Camino. I was too funny and pathetic to arrest according to them. :burp:

Skynyrd most notably. They were a favorite of mine in my youth.

The Outlaws were even better than them. Think a half hour of 'Green Grass and High Tides' at turbo speed. :shocked:

Move! ;):rolllaugh:

Let's kick Bill out and move in together in the old house. Then I'll go to any concert you want. :whistle:

Back in the 70's and 80's it seemed like there was at least one really good major concert a month in the Bay Area.

It seemed like it was more like one a week.

A few more came to mind - Little Feat opened for ELO at some small college. Electric Flag with Michael Bloomfield, Buddy Guy at San Jose State. Smokey Robinson, the Spinners, Bobby Blue Bland, BB King all at the Circle Star.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
That was the time I was brought to a motel by two cops after being pulled over on the El Camino. I was too funny and pathetic to arrest according to them. :burp:
Nice! :cheers: Closest I came to that was having two LG cops going through my Subaru wagon looking for my keys while I was trying to sleep it off in the back of the car while parked behind the Black Watch. They brought my keys back to me at 8 the next morning with a tall cup of coffee and a donut. Of course, being the wise@$$, I asked them how they came across a donut? ;):yess: I did thank them...

The Outlaws were even better than them. Think a half hour of 'Green Grass and High Tides' at turbo speed. :shocked:
I saw the Outlaws, Oakland Auditorium I believe...

Let's kick Bill out and move in together in the old house. Then I'll go to any concert you want. :whistle:
How soon can you get there? My lease is up in March.

It seemed like it was more like one a week.
Well, I wasn't funded well enough for one a month, let alone one a week.:(

A few more came to mind - Little Feat opened for ELO at some small college. Electric Flag with Michael Bloomfield, Buddy Guy at San Jose State. Smokey Robinson, the Spinners, Bobby Blue Bland, BB King all at the Circle Star.
I just saw Buddy Guy in August at UCLA. Pretty sure I told you that already. I was hoping to see BB King one more time... I did get to see him twice though. Caesar's Tahoe and Vegas.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Nice! :cheers: Closest I came to that was having two LG cops going through my Subaru wagon looking for my keys while I was trying to sleep it off in the back of the car while parked behind the Black Watch. They brought my keys back to me at 8 the next morning with a tall cup of coffee and a donut. Of course, being the wise@$$, I asked them how they came across a donut? ;):yess: I did thank them...

Yeah, they had me stay away from my car for 24 hours or else. For you that was an isolated incident. For me it was another Friday night. I'm glad the alcoholism gene bypassed you and my son.

How soon can you get there? My lease is up in March.

On a moments notice. I miss the beach.

I think we need to move this conversation to pm's before we hog this whole thread.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaS_vYIQ_A

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah, they had me stay away from my car for 24 hours or else. For you that was an isolated incident. For me it was another Friday night. I'm glad the alcoholism gene bypassed you and my son.

On a moments notice. I miss the beach.

I think we need to move this conversation to pm's before we hog this whole thread.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaS_vYIQ_A

Friday night? Mine was a Tuesday!! :pillowfight:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
It's raining in SoCal...who's responsible this? ;)

A couple of "Rainmaker" tunes...

...and the classic Rain Song...