Your (personal) Greatest Sports Moment?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Soccer. I played defense, and I finally got to be the middle defender!! Coaches called me an animal. Course this was when I was in 5th and 6th grade.

Then I played football with a youth group I was kinda/sorta apart of (the douchebags from the wedding I didn't want go to a few months ago). I wasn't good on offense, but I always played D, and loved it cuz everyone was afraid of me (they were scrawny bastards). One time I truck sticked a douche...I got a bunch of dem good feels.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Playing defense, I was surprised to end up with the puck pretty much right in front of my goalie with a forward streaking in straight on in pursuit of the puck. Same dude has been throwing checks at my team every chance he's gotten and I've pretty much pissed him off already standing him on two prior attempts to check me. So we've already developed this deep adversarial desire to best each other one on one.

Now I'm nervous about giving up the puck in front of the goalie and he's cutting off my outlet well so I'm thinking of just using the boards to clear the puck out of the zone off the boards well out of his reach but then I see this look in the dude's eyes. Real tough guy, he stops going for the puck, crouches low and skates at me for the huge hit. So I easily push the puck past his non stick side since he's not really bothering with the stick anymore, shift low the same side as the puck and time it perfectly shifting back into him with a hip check, pushing up hard expecting much more resistance.

Nope, my hip check flips this dude completely over and lands him flat on his back. And if that's not enough, I go ahead and accidentally on purpose kick him in the helmet in pursuit of the puck to push it out of the zone, my forward still well covered I just carry it out of my zone and dump it. Amazingly enough, no penalties, though as expected with all of the head hunting by his teammates after that play, I did get enough incidental penalties just deflecting other peoples checks. I kept my head up and destroyed a few more egos that game, but none as beautiful as the hip check.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
My Junior year I had been a terrible student and didn't make a 2.0. My coach still let me practice with the team but I wasn't allowed to travel with the team or stand on the sidelines. I busted my ass at practice and in the film room. I lived in the weight room (before school, at lunch, and after practice) I finally became eligable with two games left and I got to sit on the sidelines and watch our rivals stomp the shit out of us. Coach would not put me in. The safety who took my spot would got injured and I still got to stand on the sidelines. It killed me.

Mondays practice came and I took out my frustrations on the offense. I was killing my own team.

I ended up getting the start for the final game. First play was a pass to the TE right up the seam. I lit him up, and he left the game. That set the tone for our D. big hits were bappening left and right. Our coach started to pull starters during the 3rd quarter. I convinced him to let me to continue to play.

During the 4th quarter they were driving towards their first points of the game. They get to about the 7 yard line. I read screen, I broke on the ball and took off with it. I took it 93 yards, got to the endzone, dropped the ball, took my helmet off, walked over to the snack truck, and took a coke.

The coach benched me for it.

I ended up getting the conference player of the week with 14 tackles, 2 FF, and a pick six.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sailed across the Pacific Ocean in a 50' Ketch and lived to tell about it :cool:

Now I have no freaking desire to step aboard a boat again.

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
Would be track event for me. When I was young (like 11) I was an avid runner and I was pretty quick. My school had a 2.5 mile challenge around the track. I got 2nd, only lost to a 13 year old.. We blew everyone away..

And basketball.. Just a pickup league at my gym, I did a pretty nasty crossover to some guy and drove the lane and got a layup and 1. The gym cheered for me. Pretty good moment..

Good thread a lot of good reads

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Nice, what you do takes a lot of work.
Yea between that and NFL there is no time or money or energy for any other hobbies. I ride for a local team and there is a lot of commrodery (is that a word) involved. Typically I train 14-20 hours a week.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sailed across the Pacific Ocean in a 50' Ketch and lived to tell about it :cool:

Whoah. :wow:

PhxRam

Yea between that and NFL there is no time or money or energy for any other hobbies. I ride for a local team and there is a lot of commrodery (is that a word) involved. Typically I train 14-20 hours a week.

Pretty cool dude.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Damn ... that must have taken weeks. Long slow trip I bet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Did you see that Robert Redford movie that just came out? It's called All is Lost. Think I'm gonna watch it today.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Jr. year of HS football, we were playing the team that won our conference nearly every year. Our school hadn't beaten them in 9 - 10 years. They were bigger than us and probably more talented but we played our best game of the year that game and it was physical (as much as a HS game can be anyway) all night.

We were at home and the game was tied 7 - 7 late in the 3rd qtr. I played DE, wasn't really big enough for the position but I was quick and loved to hit. Their QB drops back to pass, I beat the OT to the outside but the TE chipped me and I knew I wasn't going to get to the QB but was able to tip the pass and come up with the INT.

We scored on that possession and won 14 - 7, was given the game ball that night.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very Very cool thread!
My first year of soccer our team got 3rd and we were the only team to beat the 1st place team and I scored the only goal. On a breakaway I am able to dribble past the defender and then it's one on one with the goalie, I set him up he goes one way I kick it the other away, not much of a kick as it just crosses the goal line. never even touches the net.

My SR. year in H.S. our football team sucked, lost every game going into the last one. I remember the coach telling us this will be the last game for most of us and make it count it will be the one we remember forever. We win 14-7 and I catch the winning touchdown in the endzone by out jumping double coverage late in the 4th qtr. (5' 10" but I could dunk the BB). The QB thought he overthrew me. He even painted a picture of the catch later that year in art class.
I am so on cloud nine that on the last play of the game we just have to take a knee, but on the previous play the QB-Center exchange got fumbled (we recover). I am lined up out wide and am so focused on the snap to make sure there is no fumble I never see the CB in front of me. Ball get snaps and that CB runs over me like a Mack truck. I am laying on my back laughing my ass off at what just happened. I jump up and tell him great hit man great hit. Well the next Monday at lunch we all go into coaches classroom to watch the game film and on that last play that CB was jumping all over the place just waiting to knock my dick in the dirt. I never saw him LOL!

But my greatest moments are probably some of the moments my kids had when they played.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Very cool Sane, I just started riding a year ago. Got me a Cannondale Supersix. I did about 3500 miles last year, mostly on flat ground. Feel better then I have in 15 yrs. I ride 3 to 6 times a week to work. We have 5 guys with bikes now in the office, 3 of us ride often into work together. Been on a couple mountain rides, need to do more. My longest ride is around 65 miles, want to get in a century soon. Keep it on two wheels :)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jr. year of HS football, we were playing the team that won our conference nearly every year. Our school hadn't beaten them in 9 - 10 years. They were bigger than us and probably more talented but we played our best game of the year that game and it was physical (as much as a HS game can be anyway) all night.

We were at home and the game was tied 7 - 7 late in the 3rd qtr. I played DE, wasn't really big enough for the position but I was quick and loved to hit. Their QB drops back to pass, I beat the OT to the outside but the TE chipped me and I knew I wasn't going to get to the QB but was able to tip the pass and come up with the INT.

We scored on that possession and won 14 - 7, was given the game ball that night.

Reminds me of my sophomore year in HS. We played a team that always destroyed us. The year before, they beat us 42-7. I went to a private school and the team was almost entirely white and very undersized. So the winner of this game would win our district. Would be the first time we win the district. I didn't see the field but we managed to pull out a 6 point win. The other team was stacked and frankly much better than us but we managed to somehow pull off the upset that day. They had 2 senior HBs in their back-field(ran the triple option). One of the HBs was a 5 star recruit and later played a few years in the NFL. The other HB rushed for nearly 5000 career yards in the ACC. To this day, I can't explain how we did it but it has to be one of my proudest moments as a member of a team. Beating a team with so much more talent to win our first district championship in the history of our school.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Whoah. :wow:
I did some pretty crazy things when I was in my 20's

Did you see that Robert Redford movie that just came out? It's called All is Lost. Think I'm gonna watch it today.
Didn't know about the film. But just checked out the trailer and all I can say is that the weather (and the seas) are rarely that calm

But yeah, kinda reminds me of the night I was within millimeters of being thrown over in 45' seas. Just lucky my harness held.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Very cool Sane, I just started riding a year ago. Got me a Cannondale Supersix. I did about 3500 miles last year, mostly on flat ground. Feel better then I have in 15 yrs. I ride 3 to 6 times a week to work. We have 5 guys with bikes now in the office, 3 of us ride often into work together. Been on a couple mountain rides, need to do more. My longest ride is around 65 miles, want to get in a century soon. Keep it on two wheels :)
Cool thats how a LOTof guys get started 3 or 4 coworkers or buddies get bikes next thing you know boys will be boys and you are competing against each other to see whos the fastest. Stick with it. Its a process getting faster.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cool thats how a LOTof guys get started 3 or 4 coworkers or buddies get bikes next thing you know boys will be boys and you are competing against each other to see whos the fastest. Stick with it. Its a process getting faster.

LOL we already do. We all use the STRAVA app and have several segments that are along the route to work. I am just about twice the age of them and do ok keeping up with the young guns.

RFIP

Well I have had the priviledge to coach our hs baseball team in the summer each of the past nine years and although we are a smaller class AA school during hs, we play in a AAA and AAAA league in the summers.

Through the years our talent base grew and grew (4 state championships in 9 years) and the last 4-5 summer teams have been off the chart great...well in 2011 we became the first NON 3A or 4A team to win the BCCL championship in 20+ years. We were so good one of the coaches said we should have been in the Big east instead.

What a blast it was! I still have the article bookmarked from the newspaper...will have to share it some time.

Last summer was my final year as coach because my youngest son is now too old for that leage and he has big asperations to play in college, he's a junior in hs now and he'll be playing in a league in Youngstown, OH this summer and I won't miss that for anything. But I will never forget the summer of '11.

Great topic by the way.

RFIP

I also golfed when I was younger...wasn't very good. Maybe it was because I wore 2 pair of pants? Just in case I got a hole in one!!!

LOL for those wondering, I'll be here all week!