Your Favorite Sports Announcers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Hard to put up with what we do today after that. Al Michaels the closest with his call "Do You Believe in Miracles.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Al Michaels

He might be the best universal game caller. Michaels could call different sports equally good. Your example was his most classic hockey call and a good one.

Jack Buck, as example, was a great baseball voice. While popular in football, that wasn't what I remember him for.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I like guys in the booth who are just being themselves. Most of the blowhards we have today are posers and they're completely fake. I actually turn the sound off when watching some games today because the booth blowhards are so fucking annoying. They take away from the game... they add nothing but annoying noise.

I miss Don Meredith on Monday Nights. Talk about being genuine... Man, when the games were no longer interesting... Dandy Don still made it must see TV.

There are many that force me to mute the sound today. Not only are they posers, you can tell that they put very little effort or homework into their preparation. Saying some of them are fucking clueless is an understatement. Joe Fuck and Chris C are two that I absolutely can't listen to or even look at... but there are others who get paid for distracting fans from whats happening on the field.

There are some good ones... Charles Davis and Aqib Talib are two I turn UP the volume for.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nobody has mentioned Howard Cosell.

I liked him at the time, but he was polarizing back then.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I prefered listening to Dodger games over watching on tv. Me and my brothers used to sit around the kitchen table and listen to Vin. He never missed a play and he explained all the nuances of the game as well as giving us insite to the players.
No one has come close to Vin.
Just listen to his call of the Kirk Gibson homer. Mike Davis is at second base, but the game right now is at the plate. High fly ball into deep right field. She is gone. Then he shuts up and lets the scene on tv tell you everthing. Then In a season that was filled with the improbable, the impossible has happened. A fucking genius.
And he always told us about the beautiful day for Dodger baseball. I loved listening to him. You almost felt like you were there.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Jon Miller is the best in baseball now.

Football I’m not sure any of them stand out any more. I do like Baldy and Kurt for analysis.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
On the local stage, I'm a big fan of Eric Reid, who has been the Miami Heat's play-by-play announcer since their inception.

On the national stage, I think Scott Hanson does a great job on NFL Red Zone.

Tano

Legend
And he always told us about the beautiful day for Dodger baseball. I loved listening to him. You almost felt like you were there.
Vin Scully was the best

If the St Louis Announcer that Memento stated was the same announcer in 1977, I have to heartily disagree with her.

I was in St Louis listening to a Dodger game in 1977 and I was unaware at the time how crappy announcers could be.

Maybe that announcer is an acquired taste or was a different announcer at the time.

And I just don't get Boston Celtics fans love fest for their announcer back then. I couldn't stand listening to that announcer with that raspy old voice. Chick Hearn was easily the best until he got old and kept forgetting names.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I always thought listening to Vin in the garage while working on projects was even better than watching the games. Such a great story teller. Unmatched in my experience

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
What? All he has to do is shout Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Oh he will F it up, LOL
I had to poke at 503 a little, he should have said badminton

I wish more Americans had the patience to learn the sport it is truly beautiful and complex but certainly not for everyone especially people who need a lot of scoring.

Tano

Legend
Oh he will F it up, LOL
I had to poke at 503 a little, he should have said badminton

I wish more Americans had the patience to learn the sport it is truly beautiful and complex but certainly not for everyone especially people who need a lot of scoring.
I played Badminton when I was little and I watched it a little in the olympics but it is an occasional viewing experience for me.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He might be the best universal game caller. Michaels could call different sports equally good. Your example was his most classic hockey call and a good one.

Jack Buck, as example, was a great baseball voice. While popular in football, that wasn't what I remember him for.
Vinny called baseball, golf, football, tennis, Even as the dodger annouser he didn't show any bias and never forgot that he wasn't the show. He praised all players who deserved it. You should here his call for the catch in SF and CB NFC championship game. Of course I am biased, but if you check it out you will agree with me. Michaels is also not biased.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Gus Johnson.
College Basketball Dancing GIF by BIG EAST Conference

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Adam Archuleta is doing a great job as a colour guy but CBS keep sticking him on shit games so nobody seems to notice.

I like Nantz, I do NOT like Romo. I don't mind Buck and Aikman if they are not doing Cowboys games.

Collinsworth annoys me.

To be honest tho I mostly watch Redzone and Hansen is great.