Your favorite play in Rams history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
th
Super Bowl winning catch

th
The tackle

th
th
Ricky Prohel's catch that sent us to the superbowl

th
Monday Night Football putting on a show. I've never seen two guys run so long wide open down the field(really embarked what the Greatest Show on Turf was all about)

th
The dance aka "the bob and weave". We scored so much during that period of football the league decided to ban dancing after touchdowns hahhahah

tempests

Hall of Fame
My top three have been mentioned so I'll add Bruce's 77 yard TD in the NFC Championship vs Minnesota. All those people saying the Rams hadn't played anyone yet, talk about sending a message.

In what had to be an NFL first, a team's first and last offensive snaps of their playoffs were 70+ yard TD strikes to the same guy.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXnzNn8nKU

I can't decide between the third one where Bruce leaves the 9ers on the ground or the forth one where Kurt drops the bomb in Bruce's pocket.
I think the forth one because it shows how great Kurt's passing really was.

That was 1 of the greatest days for Rams fans. That day ended the drought against sf that lasted way to long.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe not the biggest play ever in Rams history, but maybe one of the most stunning was Billy Waddy's 40 plus yard TD in the closing minutes to stun Dallas in the 79 Divisional playoff...which of course put them on track for their 1st SB appearance.

After years of losing to Dallas or Minnesota, and having one of their weaker teams, that Rams team was a total surprise....and it was great to finally get over the hump.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Fantastic! Many a thanks. Somehow I've managed to make it this far without seeing the Warner Football Life to boot?!
Well get your ass on it and watch it!!! I've watched it about 4 times now over the years.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe not the biggest play ever in Rams history, but maybe one of the most stunning was Billy Waddy's 40 plus yard TD in the closing minutes to stun Dallas in the 79 Divisional playoff...which of course put them on track for their 1st SB appearance.

After years of losing to Dallas or Minnesota, and having one of their weaker teams, that Rams team was a total surprise....and it was great to finally get over the hump.

around the 2:27 mark of this video... I was a happy as hell 13 year old when this game ended. Plus can't beat Vin Scully and George Allen doing the game.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Kurt threw the most accurate wobbly ball in the history of the game!
And I so miss Martz! The team hasn't been good or entertaining since he left.
A pox on those who drove him out!:redcard:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Gotta go with Ferragamo to Waddy crossing pattern TD in the 4th qtr with 2 min against Dallas in 1979 playoff. Ball was tipped by LB, too. Without that play they don't get to NFC champ game the next week, imo.

Some people say Proehl in 1999, but Jeff WIlkins might make that 47 yarder and then D holds to win game anyway...just a thought. They were on the 30 yard line, down by 1, right?

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Nobody has figured it out so I will tell.......

He caught Warner's first ever NFL touchdown pass.
Roland made a nice catch, but I observed in that moment that NO Ram QB had ever made a sweet pass like that in the corner of the end zone---at least since 1992 or so. That play was the start of 'hey, they might be ok with Warner.' I saw the Rams at Bears 1999 exhibition game, and was blown away by Az Hakim on a few patterns, and the O looked so organized....They had a top 10 D the year before, so I was hoping 10-6 with Trent Green at QB. I still think they go to Super Bowl with Trent Green....but, probably don't win that one.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Lol, I remember that one. The punter's reaction was classic. :rolllaugh:

There were so many, I'm not sure I can pinpoint just one. Waddy's TD catch off a deflection that put us in our first Superbowl. Going way back to the late 60's the blocked punt that saved the game against the Packers and put us in the playoffs. That one was the first big play I remember as a kid. So its got sentimental value.

Bruce's catch. The Tackle. Flipper's game winning TD and ensuing tunnel run. Dickerson's performance against the Cowboys. So many.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Roland made a nice catch, but I observed in that moment that NO Ram QB had ever made a sweet pass like that in the corner of the end zone---at least since 1992 or so. That play was the start of 'hey, they might be ok with Warner.' I saw the Rams at Bears 1999 exhibition game, and was blown away by Az Hakim on a few patterns, and the O looked so organized....They had a top 10 D the year before, so I was hoping 10-6 with Trent Green at QB. I still think they go to Super Bowl with Trent Green....but, probably don't win that one.

I agree Warner could feather a ball in on those fade routes like nobody's business.

And on screens to Faulk he always seemed to lead him perfectly so he was running forward a step or three as the ball dropped into his hands.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Often overshadowed by the ensuing "Tackle", Bruce made an outstanding play on the ball vs TIGHT coverage, and then the move inside and then the speed to take the lead for good. Pressure. Skill. Timing. Clutch. Beautiful.

My immediate first thought.