Your Draft Day Favorites

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

FAVORITE DRAFT PICK/LEAST FAVORITE DRAFT PICK/MOST EXCITED TO SEE PLAY DRAFT PICK/FAVORITE UNDRAFTED PLAYER SIGNED???​

Favorite Pick
DL Bobby Brown (Could be AD’s New
Best Friend!)

Least Favorite Pick
Tutu Atwell (Good Player but Wish
they would have selected another
more needed (At least in my veru
uneducated opinion!) position!

Most Excited To See Pick
Tutu Atwell - Even though I didn’t
agree with the pick I am still very
curious and excited to see him
in the Rams Offense with Matt
Stafford and the other Rams
Receivers!

Favorite Undrafted Player Signed
OT Alaric Jackson - Finally, An
Offensive Lineman added
(And, Sounds like a Pretty
Good One!!!)!

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Favorite pick: CB Robert Rochell

Least Favorite: That lil teenager named TuTu

Most excited to see pick: All of them cuz they are all Rams lol.....but I'll go with Earnest Jones to see if he can solidify the middle

Favorite undrafted player: Tie for OT Alaric Jackson and C Jordan Meredith

nighttrain

Legend
Favorite pick: That lil teenager named TuTu
Least Favorite: NA
Most excited to see pick: All of them cuz they are all Rams lol.....but I'll go with Earnest Jones to see if he can solidify the middle
Favorite undrafted player: Tie for OT Alaric Jackson and C Jordan Meredith

Tano

Legend
Favorite Pick
Best Friend!)

Least Favorite Pick

Most Excited To See Pick
Receivers!

Offensive Lineman added
Good One!!!)!
I would have to copy yours

dang

Legend
Favorite pick: Round 1 cause i it got us Ramsey

Least Favorite: TuTu was too too early

Most excited to see pick: LB Jones cause I’m sick of subpar ILB play

Favorite undrafted player: OT Jackson cause we gonna need some OL next year if not this year

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Favorite Pick
Best Friend!)

Least Favorite Pick

Most Excited To See Pick
Receivers!

Offensive Lineman added
Good One!!!)!

This is pretty close to mine.

Fav Pick - Bobby Brown. I see him as our future at Nose and/or 3T.

Least Fav Pick - Don't really have one, although if forced to choose, it's probably Earnest Brown. I'm still a bit pissed we let Fox go, especially considering what he was signed for as a free agent. I think he'll be fine on the interior, but I don't like his lack in ability as a 5T pass rusher, he may be an asset in the run game, just not for getting pressure on QB's imo. He may be overtaken by one of our current practice squad players or could be platooned in obvious pass situations. We'll have to see how this one plays out.

Most excited to see Pick - That's a tie between Robert Rochelle, Jacob Harris & Ben Skowrenek. Rochelle is an immediate asset, ... it will be interesting to see how Harris evolves from hybrid WR/TE into a full time TE over time. Like Tutu, I see lots of high carb milkshakes in his immediate future. Skowrenek hopefully shows promise as a blocking TE & as a blocking HB, making Mundt obsolete. And he can catch.

Fav Undrafted Player - It would be remiss for me to choose someone other than Alaric Jackson as I had already mentioned him to @Memento as my choice during the draft and right after Borom came off the board.

jmo.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Favorite Draft Pick - Bobby Brown III/Robert Rochell.

(It's a tie for me. BB3 reminds me of a younger Albert Haynesworth, while Rochell reminds me of Marcus Peters who can tackle. Both of them lack the maturity issues that both of their comparisons had, so I have extremely high hopes for them.)

Least Favorite Draft Pick - Chatavius Atwell.

(I'm not going to get into why. Honestly, I hope he does well, since he's a Ram. I just have trepidation about the pick.)

Most Excited to See Pick - Jacob Harris.

(Harris may not be much in his first year, but I think his potential is honestly sky-high, especially with a move to tight end. He could end up being our flex tight end, so Brycen Hopkins better step up if he wants to stay a Ram.)

Deep Sleeper Pick - Ben Skowronek.

(Skowronek could end up being to us what Kyle Juszczyk is for the 69ers. He's a solidly-built wide receiver, but he's too slow to make it there. At 6'2", 230 lbs., he could be a move tight end, someone who can catch the ball, block, do it all.)

Biggest Good Vibes Pick - Ernest Jones.

(I don't know why, call me crazy, but Jones seriously gives me John Johnson III and James Laurinaitis vibes. He's intelligent, flies over the field, makes tackles, stuffs the run. I'm not sure about his coverage, but he'll get every opportunity to prove me wrong.)

Highest Potential as a Role Player - Earnest Brown IV.

(EB4, aside from having my favorite nickname on the team, could fill a similar role to what William Hayes provided for us. He lacks functional strength and athleticism and needs to work on hand usage, but he could carve out a role as a solid run-stuffer who can occasionally get at the passer.)

Favorite Undrafted Player Signed - Paris Ford.

(Ford just flies over the field, levels people, and makes clutch plays and interceptions. I can't wait to see the competition at safety because I think that - aside from Jordan Fuller, Taylor Rapp, and Terrell Burgess, competition is open between Nick Scott, J.R. Reed, and JuJu Hughes. Put me down as one who thinks that Reed and Ford win the competition, even with Ford's awful 40 time.)

Most Likely Undrafted Player to Excel - Alaric Jackson.

(We had Chandler Brewer two years ago. We had Tremayne Anchrum last year. Now I feel that Jackson could easily make this year's roster as an undrafted player. He can play both guard spots (I see Anchrum as the most likely to back up Corbett at center.), and occasionally right tackle in a pinch. That's a solid player, in my opinion.)

Favorite Undrafted Player Deep Sleeper - Jeremiah Haydel.

(Haydel is an underrated returner, he really is, given that he was a First Team All-American as a returner. Given that Atwell has little punt return experience, and Nsimba Webster was poor at best (and I think everyone here should agree that Cooper Kupp should NEVER be put back on punt returns.), I could see someone like Haydel make the team, even though he timed poorly at his Pro Day.)

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Least Favorite: TuTu was too too early
iu

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Favorite: Bobby Brown III

Least: Ernest Jones (sounds like he’s too slow)

Looking forward to seeing : Tutu (not excited; I’m scarred from TA hoping this works)

UDFA: don’t care right now

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Favorite pick: Ben Skowronek- Well, mostly because I've been touting him for weeks....
Least? No such thing....
Looking forward to seeing? If he can get on the field, Skowronek will make plays
Favorite UDFA? Ford. He's a thumper

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Favorite: Atwell.

McVay took Everett, Kupp and Reynolds in his first draft and then went silent for two years (in terms of drafting skill players), save for Henderson. During that two years he completely turned over the defense for Phillips, at the expense of the offense. Which is all to say, Atwell is the first gadget/luxury pick that McVay has made. Or put another way, all of our other offensive draft picks have been Honda Civics. Nice, dependable cars that can get the job done.

Atwell is a lambo - might not be worth the money and might just not start one day and need a bunch of maintenance if driven too much - but it's going to be much more fun to drive. Can't wait.

Least favorite: none

Looking forward to the most: Ernest Jones. I'm a huge fan of tackling machines with intangibles at ILB. Think this kid could end up calling the plays for us this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll put another vote out for Bobby Brown. 20 years old, power profile, and they got him round 4 in a weak DL draft. Without a doubt my favorite pick because 5T was a big need as well as getting stronger up front.

I want a physically dominating defense. Guys like Brown will help with that.

I also really like the Harris pick. Lot of the big rangy athlete types are pussies with contact. This guy is raw and needs some development as a TE but his special teams excellence tells me he's going to embrace contact and take on his assignments with some zeal instead of trying to make it look like he's into the blocking like so many of those types do. I think the Rams found themselves a really nice combo of ability and aggression in this kid and look forward to them hitting big on him.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Favorite: Chris Garrett - Love the kid's use of multiple moves to win against the OL. Let's see how he fares against improved competition.

Least: Chatavius Atwell - So many other needs could have been addressed and instead McVay goes the Jeffrey Michael Fisher route.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Favourite: Rochell. Just think he's going to be a stud. Maybe not this year, but by year two at least.

Least Favourite: Tutu. Sorry, I don't mind him overall, but his size makes him too big a risk at our top spot on the draft. We don't get many high picks these days, and there was too much other talent on the board to take that risk.

Most excited to see: Ernest Jones. Really want help up the middle right now, and hope he can provide it.

Favourite UDFA: Tie - Alaric Jackson and Paris Ford. Genuinely wanted both of them during the draft. If they had been 7a and 7c for us I would have been doing fat old man cartwheels.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My favorite might be the big Domer receiver. Shout out to @dieterbrock . I just have a feeling this kid will be that blue collar guy we have been missing.

I don't really have a least favorite though I think TuTu - yes I said it again @Memento - is a Tavon type reach. Hope I'm wrong.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Favorite: Harris. I think this guy could end up being the matchup nightmare teams look for at TE. It might not happen right away, but...

I like Jones and Rochell also. Solid, smart and durable LB is usually a staple in a top defense and we need another CB to replace hill.

Least favorite: was Tutu really at risk of being snatched up that quickly that we had to have him at 57? Oh well. If he balls out, it won’t matter.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Favorite: Atwell.

McVay took Everett, Kupp and Reynolds in his first draft and then went silent for two years (in terms of drafting skill players), save for Henderson. During that two years he completely turned over the defense for Phillips, at the expense of the offense. Which is all to say, Atwell is the first gadget/luxury pick that McVay has made. Or put another way, all of our other offensive draft picks have been Honda Civics. Nice, dependable cars that can get the job done.

Atwell is a lambo - might not be worth the money and might just not start one day and need a bunch of maintenance if driven too much - but it's going to be much more fun to drive. Can't wait.

Least favorite: none

Looking forward to the most: Ernest Jones. I'm a huge fan of tackling machines with intangibles at ILB. Think this kid could end up calling the plays for us this year.

This would be my response, verbatim, if I could be so concise.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
My Favorite pick is a no brainer; Earnest Jones
The two picks that I am most intrigued by are, Jacob Harris and Ben Skowronek. These two may be match up nightmares for opposing defenses.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sorry for breaking the rules.

SELELCTIONS LIKED
Bobby Brown III - Looks like a potential stud in the middle of defense. He may finally provide the team an interior lineman that can better capitalize on Aaron Donald's being double teamed.

Robert Rochell - Small school talent capable of giving Jalen Ramsey a run for his money athletically. I like the idea of Ramsey taking him under his wing to teach him.

Ben Skowronek - I haven't done an in-depth study, but in the games that I've watched, Matthew Stafford seems to play better when there is a big, physical target capable of going up and making contested catches. That's this kid's game.

Chris Garrett -Division II or no, 48.5 tackles for loss, 36.5 sacks and 15 forced fumbles in 28 games is outstanding. Love the value at selection #252.

SELECTIONS UNDERSTOOD

Tutu Atwell - Creed Humphrey? Joseph Ossai? Aaron Robinson? That's who I expected. But, the offense desperately needed more speed and Atwell has plenty of it. So much so, he should draw attention from opposing defenses, opening up things for his teammates when he isn't making the play himself.

Jacob Harris - I was hoping for the Western Michigan OT Jaylon Moore, but perhaps the Rams are a team that prefer their OTs meet the 34" minimum arm length requirement. So 141 picks into the draft, I understand the team taking a flier on a raw athlete with his height, weight, and speed numbers. And espeically if he's considered a strong special teams player as it keeps him active while he hones his craft.

SELECTION DISLIKED

Ernest Jones - I've read about his intelligence, leadership, run defense, and toughness. He's been called the heart of the South Carolina defense. It all sounds good. But, last year 7 of 10 opponents scored 31, 38, 52, 48, 59, 41, 45 points. And this with a so-called stud CB in Horn on the roster, too. I know they can't do it alone, so I watched 5 games. From what I saw, this kid looked like an undersized (230 lbs) 2 down run stuffer at best. He really struggles changing direction. It doesn' t take much for him to be blocked out of the play. He looked like a soft blitzer and he labored to get to the edges due to a lack of speed. He'll hustle and improve his tackle numbers via the assisted route, but I just didn't see anything that suggested he might be better than Kiser or Reeder.

MEH

Ernest Brown IV - Eric Banks, Michael Hoecht, Marquise Copeland, Jonah Williams. Competition is great, but I fell for the hype. I figured this was a 4 man battle royale for 1 or 2 spots. I haven't spent much time watching Brown IV, but I guess what bothers me the most about this selection is that the nation's top return man in CB Avery Williams and what I believe to be the draft's best FB/H-Back in Ben Mason went just a few spots later. Both could have had a HUGE role on special teams while also contributing at the listed roster positions.

James Funk - I get it. It's a 7th round pick and this kid is a potential core special teams guy. I liked the other two 7th rounders so I'm meh on this one. Why? I was really hoping that the Rams pulled the trigger on the Grambling State interior lineman Dave Moore who took some reps at center during the Senior Bowl. 330 lbs. Long arms. Nasty. Methinks he would have been a nice get to develop.