You would think the McVay/Stafford combo could....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He was also 26th when the OC in Wash but his offense was top 10. So 3 really good seasons with 4 middle of the pack to bad seasons.
But was he actually calling the plays? I recall reading something to the effect of he was like the OC’s are for him. Kind of an assistant, and the head coach was calling the plays.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
But was he actually calling the plays? I recall reading something to the effect of he was like the OC’s are for him. Kind of an assistant, and the head coach was calling the plays.
One of the things I heard about McVay upon his hiring from personal friends and other redskin fans, was his inconsistency of play calling. He'd skew up brilliant plays, followed by real head scratchers, usually in the red zone. So if he didn't call the plays, it's clear that he's following the system he was brought up in, bc the stats and play calling decisions lean in that direction.

HC'S usually don't hire coordinators who have radically different scheme ideologies than the ones they want to implement with their team.