You know, I used to trust McVay unreservedly...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
But now I find myself questioning a few of his decisions.

Let’s see...

Why not more Akers and less Brown in rotation with Hendy? Akers is a racehorse and Brown more of a plodder if you ask me.

Was Bonamego a good hire? Really? First McVay hire that I’ve questioned in 4 years.

Why keep sticking with Sloman? He’s a ticking time bomb.

Why have Kupp on PR duties still? He sucks at it, meanwhile Webster has been electric when given a chance.

Haven’t Higbee and Everett earned more targets? Those 12 sets give us a boost in running game threats. This might be nitpicky, but still...

While I’m at it, here’s a couple of questions for Staley. First, let me say that his overall D has been quite good except for that 1st half vs Bills and this 49er game last night.

Still, I would love to ask him a couple of questions.

Even with Obo out, we still have 4 edge players opposite Floyd. I applaud the rotation of all to try to find even one that can make a difference, but none have impressed other than the rare flash play here and there. Question. Do you think ANY of these players can step up sufficiently this season? Or do they simply lack the talent (my personal fear after 6 games)?

What is the reason for Burgess not getting snaps at either S in Fuller’s absence OR at deep safety over Rapp? Camp reports of Burgess’ play were quite complimentary, so I find it hard to understand that Burgess couldn’t be an upgrade at either nickel or ahead of Rapp at deep safety. At least for a few snaps to see if he can prove himself?

What are your plans to correct the sloppy tackling we saw vs the 49ers?

Do you consider edge or ILB to be the biggest offseason need for your D? And are you pushing Snead and McVay to try to execute a trade before the deadline for either position THIS year?

Okay, I’ve got just a couple for Bonamego.

WTH did you see in Sloman over the other 2 candidates? And what do you STILL see in him?

Whose brilliant idea was it to use Kupp as PR in the first damned place? And WTH do you still see in him over Webster?

You are responsible for 4 ST units. Why are 3 of them near the bottom of the league?

Oh, I would love to corner these 3 coaches and get their answers. Sigh...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love this! McVay calls a great game and everybody chimes in he’s the best and the Rams are great. He has a bad game and we can’t trust him and we need a competent OC. Which direction will the wind blow next week?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love this! McVay calls a great game and everybody chimes in he’s the best and the Rams are great. He has a bad game and we can’t trust him and we need a competent OC. Which direction will the wind blow next week?
Is Jeff Fisher available? ~ ROD

HellRam

Starter
There is truth to the OP's post. I read this stat on anouther site. Last night was the 13th time McVays offense scored 17 or less in 58 games. Not good, like really not good all.

The Rams are currently ranked middle of the pack in ppg. Despite having played a weak schedule and having a top 10 offensive team talent wise.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hater of McVay haters!

…..

Legend

I guess that depends on what McVay does next week, doesnt it?

Thats just life man.

I can simplify it for you though.. McVay calls a good game and hes done his job well. He calls a bad game, he has done his job poorly.

You use way too many adjectives in your version.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm old enough to remember when this thread came out way, way, way back in the day applauding our assistant coaches.
And by way, way, way back in the day I mean 4 days ago....

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The game sucked and we got out coached. I still have 100% faith in McVay and Snead getting us where we need to be. Losing to the 9ers hurts like a kick in the nuts but we got to get ready for Chicago

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm old enough to remember when this thread came out way, way, way back in the day applauding our assistant coaches.
And by way, way, way back in the day I mean 4 days ago....
Exactly the point I was trying to make thank you sir.

nighttrain

Legend
I guess that depends on what McVay does next week, doesnt it?

Thats just life man.

I can simplify it for you though.. McVay calls a good game and hes done his job well. He calls a bad game, he has done his job poorly.

You use way too many adjectives in your version.
and as football fans it is our God given right to bitch and complain after a tough loss, and they don't come any tougher than against our arch rivals in the city by the bay
train

Ellard80

Legend

I get why McVay is a target for some people... but

He didn't have the greatest plan - but without a missed extra point and a dropped easy td the game is at least tied.

The plan was still good enough.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I still trust him. But everyone lays an egg once in a while, and unfortunately for the Rams, McVay did so last night.

But he's also proved capable of learning from the past and adjusting, as the look of this year's offense compared to last year's can attest.

But yeah, he definitely needs to take a hard look at his performance last night, because the Rams dropped a game to a divisional rival that they should have beat.

Ellard80

Legend
There is truth to the OP's post. I read this stat on anouther site. Last night was the 13th time McVays offense scored 17 or less in 58 games. Not good, like really not good all.

The Rams are currently ranked middle of the pack in ppg. Despite having played a weak schedule and having a top 10 offensive team talent wise.

lol... wait what.... you are saying scoring 17 pts or less in 13 out of 58 games is bad???

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get why McVay is a target for some people... but

He didn't have the greatest plan - but without a missed extra point and a dropped easy td the game is at least tied.

The plan was still good enough.
Which is why in the vent thread I said the players and coaches share in any blame for the loss equally. And with how bad they almost all were it was still a winnable game.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

TerribleValuableCougar-size_restricted.gif

f607794c19df2cd5db28dc8c189c02da.gif

HellRam

Starter
lol... wait what.... you are saying scoring 17 pts or less in 13 out of 58 games is bad???

Umm yeah. That's like not showing up every 4 to 5 games. How is that good??? It's actually really bad when you consider the talent level of this Rams team along with scoring being up dramatically over the NFL the last few years.

Again I'm a McVay fan like everyone else. But he isn't a offensive genuis.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I have no problem with this.

Except, we should be consistent - so if we want to rag on McVay a little, that's fine. But the defense? 4th in yards, 4th in points. Staley deserves a TON of credit.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, Goff and Kupp deserve the blame before we get to McVay. If they play decent - not even up to their standard, mind you, just decent - we win.

HellRam

Starter
Also, Goff and Kupp deserve the blame before we get to McVay. If they play decent - not even up to their standard, mind you, just decent - we win.

I definitely put more blame on the players for this niners loss. I can agree with that.

However, this Rams team shouldn't be 19th in ppg. Especially after our schedule.