You are the GM this years Draft, Who do you pick up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
F. Mulder said:
I heard the Insert Name Here guy is something special :cheese:
He's gonna blow it up.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
1. a) Warmack (G Alabama) b) Deandre "Nuke" Hopkins (WR Clemson)

2. Tony Jefferson (FS Oklahoma)

3. Arthur Brown (OLB Kansas State)

This draft would change if we miss out on Jake Long or we don't add a RT in FA. Let's say for the sake of conversation though that RT, LT, & SS (Mikell, Pollard, etc.) are filled in FA.

This draft would fill our remaining starting spots. Obviously we can add depth in the later rounds like 4th CB, backup DL, 5th/6th WR, backup OL.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OnceARam said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Who would you pick if you had the 2 picks in the 1st round that the rams do?

here are mine :sly:

16th - Chance Warmack
22nd - Keenen Allen OR Kenny Vaccaro (depending on how our FA picks ups are :cheese: )

I totally agree with your picks, assuming we get OT Long in FA.

It doesn't seem popular to have Keenan Allen as our first WR selected, but he's a perfect fit. We already have our speed guy in Givens. We have a gaggle of slot guys, including TE Cook. So we just need an upgrade for the "Gibson's role" (let's call it the X receiver) and Allen has the skill set to do so. He is NOT a developmental guy, like the WR from Tenn. He already runs clean routes and is a playmaker. In my opinion it is a no brainer.

Bradford is running out of time. He does not need any more skill guys that aren't ready to play come Sunday.

:plus1: :peace:

wolfman84

Rookie
For now I'll just list some realistic targets that I think would fit:

Tavon Austin: OU game. He cuts faster than I can blink. Like the way he comes to an abrupt stop after scoring and flips the ball to the ref. Don't know why. Guess I just haven't seen that in the past 30 years.

DJ Fluker: I like the idea of started him at RT but eventually see him at RG.

DJ Swearinger: The kid HITS. Between him and Stewart they may knock enough opponents out that we won't even have to defend the underneath stuff.

Kiko Alonso: Another kid that just like to hit people. There's something not quite right with him and Swearinger.........and I like it.

Mike Gillislee: Shows up on FL game tape. Willing blocker on blitzes. mid round pick.

Sanders Commings: bigger DB. 4th corner that can play some safety as well.

Luke Marquardt: late round developmental OT.

Quanterus Smith: Off the radar. Small school. Good production.

jap

Legend
wolfman84 said:
Tavon Austin: OU game. He cuts faster than I can blink. Like the way he comes to an abrupt stop after scoring and flips the ball to the ref. Don't know why. Guess I just haven't seen that in the past 30 years.

A number of the great ones have done that - just hand the ball to the ref. It signals to the defense that getting TD's is not that big a deal, and he'll be coming back for another shortly. :ww:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jap said:
wolfman84 said:

A number of the great ones have done that - just hand the ball to the ref. It signals to the defense that getting TD's is not that big a deal, and he'll be coming back for another shortly. :ww:

It signals class and good sportsmanship

Memphis Ram

Legend
As of today I wouldn't leave the University of Alabama.

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
imgres-25.jpeg

AND

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
dj-fluker.jpg

OR

Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
EddieLacy-300x225.jpg

And I lean in this direction with or without Jake Long.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memphis Ram said:
As of today I wouldn't leave the University of Alabama.

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
imgres-25.jpeg

AND

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
dj-fluker.jpg

OR

Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
EddieLacy-300x225.jpg

And I lean in this direction with or without Jake Long.

Warmack is a beast man we need him.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
ScotsRam said:
I've been on the Lacy bandwagon for months. I don't know why everyone is so high on our backs without Jackson, richardsons a nice player but Pead showed literally nothing. It's too much to expect him to be successful next season although it would be nice. Austin is overrated, particularly on this board, so ill pass. Give me Vaccaro and Lacy.

I agree. Need a running back. Richardson is not a everyday back.