You are the GM this years Draft, Who do you pick up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Who would you pick if you had the 2 picks in the 1st round that the rams do?

here are mine :sly:

16th - Chance Warmack
22nd - Keenen Allen OR Kenny Vaccaro (depending on how our FA picks ups are :cheese: )

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jon Cooper and Eddie Lacy.

Those are the guys I want. Even tho my mocks may say something different.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

Those are the guys I want. Even though my mocks may say something different.

yea cooper would be great too if warmack is off the board for me, lacy is a beast but I think or at least hope 1 of the 3 rookies we picked up last year will jump off this year with Jackson leaving if he does :cry:

Speeps said:
16 - Tavon Austin
22- Keenan Allen

2 beast receivers! interesting, I have faith in Givens that boy was starting to pick it up last year & looked good, I’m worried about Quick thought he dropped a lot of passes but looked boss when he would come through with the catches. Quick also made alot of rookie mistakes like only keeping 1 foot in on TD plays and just little rookie mistakes like that, I hope he can overcome them.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It depends on who's left on the board but I'd go for:
#16 Tavon Austin - I think we need a mercurial talent on our O and Special Teams
#22 Jarvis Jones / Alec Ogletree
#46 Larry Warford / Menelik Watson

1a) WR - Austin....(maybe DT Sheldon Richardson or LB Jarvis Jones if they happen to fall)
1b) WR - Hunter
2) FS - PThomas, SS - Elam, Cyprien
3) OG - Warford/BWinters/KLong
4) SS - Shawn Williams/ FS Rambo
5) OT - Luke Marquardt
6) SLB - Vince Williams
7) RB - a real pounder from DivII or DivIII

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Angry Ram said:

Those are the guys I want. Even tho my mocks may say something different.

Ya baby!!! Like it a lot unless S Richardson slides then I'm on the fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
16-Tavon Austin
22-Alec Ogletree
46- Cyprien, Elam, or Montee Ball

But of course big if as to those players being there when the Rams pick

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm starting to think Austin doesn't even make it to 16. But if he does; I take Austin at 16.

Now... as I said; I don't think he makes it anymore.

So I take Keenan Allen and Menelik Watson.

If we sign Long; Vacarro and Allen.... or Allen and Elam.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CGI_Ram said:
I'm starting to think Austin doesn't even make it to 16. But if he does; I take Austin at 16.

Or, I stick with Allen and Watson and push Saffold inside.

Any way you slice it; I'm seeing Allen in horns.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
CGI_Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:

Or, I stick with Allen and Watson and push Saffold inside.

Any way you slice it; I'm seeing Allen in horns.

Personally. I think e everyone is to high on allen i think
at 16 vaccaro
and at 22 steadman bailey i belive he has more talent better hroute running and yac ability and all in all a much higher cealing then allen

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

exactly, i don't think Austin is going to make it that far as well, Allen is a solid physical receiver and the kid makes plays.

I'm hoping we land Long so that if we miss out on the top tier Guards and tackles we can shoot for Vacarro that kid looks like hes going to be the next big safety. the good thing about this years draft is there are a lot of great offensive linemen we can pick up in the 2nd and 3rd round, again if we miss out on the top tiers :cool:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I've been on the Lacy bandwagon for months. I don't know why everyone is so high on our backs without Jackson, richardsons a nice player but Pead showed literally nothing. It's too much to expect him to be successful next season although it would be nice. Austin is overrated, particularly on this board, so ill pass. Give me Vaccaro and Lacy.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
ScotsRam said:
I've been on the Lacy bandwagon for months. I don't know why everyone is so high on our backs without Jackson, richardsons a nice player but Pead showed literally nothing. It's too much to expect him to be successful next season although it would be nice. Austin is overrated, particularly on this board, so ill pass. Give me Vaccaro and Lacy.
I thought Pead showed some talent towards the end of the season. There's an esoteric rule the NFL has that says a player cannot begin training camp until that player's university graduates. Pead's college graduates late so he had a lot longer time to catch up. That's why I think he didn't show much until the end of the year. But he flashed at the end. He showed he could run in between the tackles and had fairy good vision and cut back ability.

Also, I think part of the reason people are high on our backs is that Fisher seems to be high on them.

jap

Legend
brokeu91 said:
ScotsRam said:
I thought Pead showed some talent towards the end of the season. There's an esoteric rule the NFL has that says a player cannot begin training camp until that player's university graduates. Pead's college graduates late so he had a lot longer time to catch up. That's why I think he didn't show much until the end of the year. But he flashed at the end. He showed he could run in between the tackles and had fairy good vision and cut back ability.

Also, I think part of the reason people are high on our backs is that Fisher seems to be high on them.

Pead also supposedly didn't have the greatest OL in college. He subsequently had to improvise often and lost trust in his OL. Part of his apparent confusion in the pre-season, besides being behind in the playbook and reps, was his lack of trust in OL's. He had to had to accept that the Rams OL was not his collegiate OL.

He also had to learn the hard way that NFL defenders are smarter, understand angles to the ball better, and are better tacklers than his collegiate opponents. He had to junk his tendency for east-west running unless it was absolutely necessary in favor of a more northerly orientation. He had to learn to run with more discipline and allow his blockers time to do their jobs.

I expect to see a dramatically different Pead from last pre-season. I just hope both he and DR use their weight-strength programs to strike an optimal balance between speed, quickness, and strength.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
LosAngelesRams said:
Who would you pick if you had the 2 picks in the 1st round that the rams do?

here are mine :sly:

16th - Chance Warmack
22nd - Keenen Allen OR Kenny Vaccaro (depending on how our FA picks ups are :cheese: )

I totally agree with your picks, assuming we get OT Long in FA.

It doesn't seem popular to have Keenan Allen as our first WR selected, but he's a perfect fit. We already have our speed guy in Givens. We have a gaggle of slot guys, including TE Cook. So we just need an upgrade for the "Gibson's role" (let's call it the X receiver) and Allen has the skill set to do so. He is NOT a developmental guy, like the WR from Tenn. He already runs clean routes and is a playmaker. In my opinion it is a no brainer.

Bradford is running out of time. He does not need any more skill guys that aren't ready to play come Sunday.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not much of an Allen fan.. but if we drafted him, id pray it works out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
#16 WR Tavon Austin. With Danny gone, this is a no brainer. Coradarrelle Patterson, Lane Johnson, Joekel, and Fisher are all off the board. Best playmaker in the draft.

#22 G Jonathan Cooper. Best player available here, and he also fits a huge need. Plug and play, super athletic, very strong Guard, that can get to the outside and block screens and hitches for Cook, and Austin, and Givens. He would be a huge asset, and if Rok steps up, and Wells falls off, you could move him to Center, where he could be a Pro Bowler.

#46 LB Sio Moore. I love this kid, and he is rising up the boards quickly. He's our Sam linebacker who has pass rushing skills. A good all around football player. Would start from day one.

#78 FS Insert name here. Pick the best FS still available. I think Rambo, or one of the Thomas's, or Reid, or McDonald, Swearinger, Williams will be here. They are all a significant upgrade over our FS last season.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
#16 WR Tavon Austin. With Danny gone, this is a no brainer. Coradarrelle Patterson, Lane Johnson, Joekel, and Fisher are all off the board. Best playmaker in the draft.

#22 G Jonathan Cooper. Best player available here, and he also fits a huge need. Plug and play, super athletic, very strong Guard, that can get to the outside and block screens and hitches for Cook, and Austin, and Givens. He would be a huge asset, and if Rok steps up, and Wells falls off, you could move him the Center, where he could be a Pro Bowler.

#46 LB Sio Moore. I love this kid, and he is rising up the boards quickly. He's our Sam linebacker who has pass rushing skills. A good all around football player. Would start from day one.

#78 FS Insert name here. Pick the best FS still available. I think Rambo, or one of the Thomas's, or Reid, or McDonald, Swearinger, Williams will be here. They are all a significant upgrade over our FS last season.

Love it.