Yes, body slams are illegal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At least in WWE, they're careful not to hurt each other. As I understand they practice things a lot and take injury prevention seriously.

Heck, that's not even legal in MMA. The lack of a penalty doesn't bother me so much as the potential for injury. They really really should fine players heavily to discourage that kind of thing.

And what's up with the 49ers players congratulating him on the "tackle"? Seriously, they're all professional athletes, it's not a stretch for them to visualize what could have happened, and how easily that could have happened to them. And, while I understand that Mason wasn't going to give up on forward progression, he could have easily dumped him before he went upside down. To people do that kind of thing, that was a very slow deliberate move that should never have happened.

Yeah, I added they practice right after I posted. The word "disturbing" gets thrown around a lot, but it really is disturbing when refs don't call that.

Because of this I believe?

It's also illegal in rugby league, it's just common sense.

I think that played a part, but it was more for head injuries following the Chris Benoit thing.

Nah, more belly-to-back suplex gone wrong.

Your right, but I said it was pile driver like.

How Kendall Langford can get flagged last year for inadvertently tapping a ref vs. this no call is beyond me.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I added they practice right after I posted. The word "disturbing" gets thrown around a lot, but it really is disturbing when refs don't call that.

I think that played a part, but it was more for head injuries following the Chris Benoit thing.

Your right, but I said it was pile driver like.

How Kendall Langford can get flagged last year for inadvertently tapping a ref vs. this no call is beyond me.

Because Jerome Boger and his crew might be the worst officials in all of sports...seriously.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Funny thing is, the Whiners hate Jerome Bogus too.

24qiqe8.jpg

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It was a freaking pile driver like slam. You see that crap in WWE.

Wait I forgot, pile drivers are illegal in regular WWE matches unless it's predetermined and both wrestlers have trained and practiced for it.
And in fact, never happen any more. Almost. The sole exceptions are Undertaker and Kane who have mastered the "Tombstone Piledriver" (and do it so that when their knees hit, their opponent's head is still a good 2 or 3 inches from the mat if not more).

Basically, WWE is feeling the heat from concussion research too, especially since some choose to name that as the reason for Chris Benoit's murder of his family, followed by his suicide.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And in fact, never happen any more. Almost. The sole exceptions are Undertaker and Kane who have mastered the "Tombstone Piledriver" (and do it so that when their knees hit, their opponent's head is still a good 2 or 3 inches from the mat if not more).

Basically, WWE is feeling the heat from concussion research too, especially since some choose to name that as the reason for Chris Benoit's murder of his family, followed by his suicide.

CM Punk and John Cena had one last year I think. It was so unexpected everyone freaked out.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even more important was the way he landed...That POS Borland could easily broken his neck there...Somebody actually said that was a great play ??? Unbelievable...
Yes. Nfl.com has it on the "not to be missed" videos page. Terrible.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Unless I missed the news, it's Friday and the NFL has yet to fine Borland for that body slam. Looks like it will not happen. :mad:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Unless I missed the news, it's Friday and the NFL has yet to fine Borland for that body slam. Looks like it will not happen. :mad:

I have no words that can express just how much I hate the chumps who run the league. Hell, if Nick fucking Saban can see that a suplex in football is wrong and call his own player out in the media for doing it, why in the fuck can't the people who are supposed to run the league do the same fucking thing?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I thought with all the publicity it has gotten, it would be hard for the league to miss it.
We should try that play on P. Manning when we play Denver. I bet that would get the leagues attention.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I thought with all the publicity it has gotten, it would be hard for the league to miss it.
We should try that play on P. Manning when we play Denver. I bet that would get the leagues attention.

Wow! That would probably end up with criminal charges being filed if one of the league's golden geese was body slammed and put out of commission.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

There would be a new rule in place next year.