Year 3, Williams and draft/FA add final elements.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This team has talent... A nice collection of talent, finally.

Another well armed draft, FA class...

Plus FINALLY stability at DC... I am very optimistic!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's only been our DC for a couple of days. That's not what I'd call stability. LOL!

(Jeff)

lol, true enough, but his press conference definitely hinted at stability. I think a better word would be experience. Great and proven experience.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He's only been our DC for a couple of days. That's not what I'd call stability. LOL!

(Jeff)
You have to give him more credit!

There's no way he isn't here for at least a week! ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pumped. The Williams hiring and Walton firing alleviated the majority of the concerns I had.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm pumped. The Williams hiring and Walton firing alleviated the majority of the concerns I had.

I wasn't a big fan of Walton, and was a little worried about him being our DC next year. Also had some major coubts that he would be let go. Thought Fisher might keep him around to continue to groom him. Without the Schwartz firing we probably don't get Greg and they keep Walton. Really happy how everything went and getting Willliams. Major upgrade. My concerns are alleviated as well.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Williams is a "real" DC has shown improvement from the D at every job he has had. For all the "bounty" stuff he still took an undermanned group sold them on his system
and won the Super Bowl with guts, turnovers, and some luck. Reminds me of GSOT WR group, "the sum greater than it's parts". He's a great DC and after what happened in NO he may not get a HC job again so the Rams WILL be "killing" it on D for a long time.

GO RAMS!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't a big fan of Walton, and was a little worried about him being our DC next year. Also had some major coubts that he would be let go. Thought Fisher might keep him around to continue to groom him. Without the Schwartz firing we probably don't get Greg and they keep Walton. Really happy how everything went and getting Willliams. Major upgrade. My concerns are alleviated as well.

Agreed. Although I think the Munchak firing had a greater effect than the Schwartz firing.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Agreed. Although I think the Munchak firing had a greater effect than the Schwartz firing.

Don't know why I thought Schwartz, guess he was the first Fisher connection that was fired that I thought of. But yes, thanks for correcting me, I hate thinking something when it is completely wrong. Without Munchak being fired, don't think we get Greg. Maybe Schawrtz was the reason we got Walton last year...Damn that Schwartz!!!! Oh well, worked out in the end now. Munchak gets fired, so do his coordinators, and now we got a real DC. Thats how it usually works when an HC is let go. Glad Munchak was fired I guess lol

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Its year 3 of the Fisher Era, and i can honestly say that I never felt this much confidence with Spags or Linehan.

Our starting DB's have 2 years or less of experience. Our backups have less experience expect for a few.

We have a new DC who is very aggressive and will make our secondary much better, without even adding anyone. But yet, we still have FA and the draft, so it will get better.

We have the best DE in the league, paired up with a top 10 DE. They will be much better with a secondary that attacks instead of sits back.

Without upgrades and better coaching we are a top 15 defense. With upgrades and better coaching we are a top 5 defense.

With Williams we will have a much better secondary. Our draft or FA will fix our holes, and our D-Line will have more time to destroy the QB as a result.

We are already known as a very physical defense, and we only become more of that. Whiners and Seahags already are talking trash because they know what is coming. Pain....that is what is coming to them. Whiners and Seahags has physical defenses that are filled with penalties going their way. We don't have that advantage, which means we just have to be more physical, which we will be.

Rocky 6 said it best. When Apollo Creeds former trainer is telling rocky what they need to focus on, this is what i expect Williams to say to the defense. He talks about it because rocky doesnt have speed anymore and his knees are shot. But the rest still applies and i could see him butting this on them.

"we'll be calling on is good ol'€™ fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. [cracks neck] Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!"

We have the pieces in place. We are ready to be the most physical, devastating, bone breaking defense in the NFL.

They are already fearing us, talking about us being dirty and targeting, thats just them being scared pussies. They know they are in a world of pain, and they won't be ready for it no matter how much they know of it.

Screw the Seahags and the Whiners. They don't know what pain is. Fuck them all. Rams defense is here to stay!!!!!!!!!! We will make Deacon and Youngblood proud!!
Love me some Rocky quotes and the Williams hire!

Will Blake be brought back? I don't recall if he left on good terms, and he's familiar with the players and the coaches and system.

Ram_of_Old

Agreed! I feel good about 2014. If Sam stays healthy we should make the playoffs this year. Wouldn't it be a hoot if all four teams from the NFC West made the playoffs!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Anways I'm totally aboard with you! i'm very excited to see what extra peices we plug in to this scheme to get the most out of all our players and talents. Think we REALLY need to get our secondary situated and would like to have DT to pair with Brockers that can consistantly push the pocket from the middle.