WR position remains Rams' biggest void

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
HornIt said:
interference said:
HornIt said:
interference said:
what, exactly, are you saying about the Bradford experiment?

It was a mistake. Not because Bradford can't be a serviceable QB at some point, but because he's not what they thought/hoped they were getting when they gambled the future of the franchise on him. And when that becomes evident, you shouldn't compound the mistake by letting it result in future mistakes.
I've never heard this before. Have you argued your position on this somewhere? I'd really like to better understand your insight and your football resume thats led you to your position. I'm open to just about everything right now. But if you're correct, then boy o boy did our player personnel dept F-up and should all be fired.

Am I really the first person you've heard say gambling the franchise on Bradford was a mistake?

Look at this team. Look at this offense. This is the worst Rams team perhaps ever, and certainly worst offense ever, which is really saying something. I'm honestly not sure how any conclusion other than the personnel dept f'd-up is possible.
Yes, you are the first person that I've heard who has totally given up on Bradford. And I simply don't understand it at all. While the personnel dept has made plenty of decisions that I disapproved of, I still can't see how they messed-up on Bradford. I've been watching Ram QB's for 40 years now, and I can't see how anyone would consider Bradford to be anything other than near the top of that list. He's definitely better than Ferragamo, and Vince almost beat the Steelers in a SB. Further, I don't think McD would have come to the Rams as their OC if it were not for Sam and his talent level.

Hey, I'm open to opinions right now because of the state of the team, but I'll need real logical support for those opinions if I'm going to seriously consider them.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Yamahopper said:
bluecoconuts said:
Personally I feel there are better ways to get cap space than to cut probowl caliber players. Especially if that player is someone who gave up going elsewhere and most likely winning a Super Bowl to stay on the team and help rebuild it. To me that's almost like a slap in the face to Jackson.

Yeah it's a cruel world. I'm sure Bell thought it was a slap in the face when he was forced to restructre in training camp or be cut. Same if they restructre J. Smiths this year.
It's business and thats all it is.
But is it a slap in the face to the fans not try with all means possible to build the best team and win the most games.

Let me ask you this. If Biily D. said after next season... I'm not going to sign Long for 80 mil. over 7 years but I will get you a DE that gets 3 less sacks a year plus a stud DT and a starting CB. and use the comp pick for a G that will start in a couple years, would you take it ?

You can't compare Bell or Smith to Jackson, because they have been under-performing. Jackson gives his all week in and week out on a bad team when he could have left years ago with Holt, Bulger and Bruce.

From a players standpoint it's comparable,they play just as hard and suffer just as much. From a fans it's a injustice. Sure I get that. Nothing more I'd rather see than Jax walk off the field in the Dome right to the HOF.

All I'm saying is if the opportunity to get a 8 year younger S Jax clone for less cap money plus a couple more players with the savings. And if he could be traded for a pick or two then the Rams get even stronger. This has to be a option. You know this has to be discussed every off season at Rams park.The Rams aren't a player or two away, their a half a roster away.
It's not only about the now, it's also about the future.
I have never seen sentiment win one game. When they traded E.D. I stopped being a fan of the players and became a fan of the Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
When they traded E.D. I stopped being a fan of the players and became a fan of the Rams.
Oof. And how did that work out?

The Rams got, in return for trading away Eric Dickerson:

Greg Bell, RB
Owen Gill, RB
Buffalo No. 1 – 1988 (Gaston Green, RB, 14th overall)
Indianapolis No. 1 – 1988 (Aaron Cox, WR, 20th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 – 1988 (Fred Strickland, LB, 47th overall)
Buffalo No. 1 – 1989 (Cleveland Gary, RB, 26th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 – 1989 (Frank Stams, LB, 45th overall)
Buffalo No. 2 – 1989 (Darryl Henley, DB, 53rd overall)

Fuck that. For all the clamoring I hear about the Rams letting Gilyard and Avery leave, what would I have to endure if the Rams let Steven Jackson go? We have to be realistic about his trade value as well. There's no way we get an Eric Dickerson type deal for Steven Jackson. The league just doesn't work like that anymore. Steven Jackson is one of the only reasons I'm able to even watch Rams games this year. If he gets traded and the Rams become worse off because of it, I wouldn't be able to even visit my own board anymore.

And what if he goes to the goddamn patriots? Holy mother of God. :whoa:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:

5d0a5eb4_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

bluecoconuts

Legend
I have a friend who's a Pats fan that keeps telling me if we fire Spags they're going to hire him as a DC. I would be really pissed if that happened. :evil:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
I have a friend who's a Pats fan that keeps telling me if we fire Spags they're going to hire him as a DC. I would be really pissed if that happened. :evil:

Ugh that would suck. I think Spags would end up with the Giants or Eagles again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:

Ugh that would suck. I think Spags would end up with the Giants or Eagles again.
That would suck. I'm not convinced he's a bad coach, but both of those teams would be a nice fit.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
Yamahopper said:
When they traded E.D. I stopped being a fan of the players and became a fan of the Rams.

Greg Bell, RB
Owen Gill, RB

freak that. For all the clamoring I hear about the Rams letting Gilyard and Avery leave, what would I have to endure if the Rams let Steven Jackson go? We have to be realistic about his trade value as well. There's no way we get an Eric Dickerson type deal for Steven Jackson. The league just doesn't work like that anymore. Steven Jackson is one of the only reasons I'm able to even watch Rams games this year. If he gets traded and the Rams become worse off because of it, I wouldn't be able to even visit my own board anymore.

Yep still have my E.D. autographed ball in my safe deposit box. Be buried with that sucker. He was my all time fav. player back when I had fav. players.

Sorry if I'm a win at all cost old school, as long as the Rams win who care kind of guy. To me it's the team.
And I think I said during TC I wouldn't give him up for a first in a thread or two. What changed? This season. Need lot of help now and in the future so any asset that's not in the young core is fair game to me now. It's about the team thing.
Honestly a Lioyd type deal would be the best you could get. But bet you Jerry Jones would give us a 1 for him today.

And sorry this will be a hot topic this off season. It's been talked about at the Dome all season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
X said:
Yamahopper said:

Greg Bell, RB
Owen Gill, RB

freak that. For all the clamoring I hear about the Rams letting Gilyard and Avery leave, what would I have to endure if the Rams let Steven Jackson go? We have to be realistic about his trade value as well. There's no way we get an Eric Dickerson type deal for Steven Jackson. The league just doesn't work like that anymore. Steven Jackson is one of the only reasons I'm able to even watch Rams games this year. If he gets traded and the Rams become worse off because of it, I wouldn't be able to even visit my own board anymore.

Yep still have my E.D. autographed ball in my safe deposit box. Be buried with that sucker. He was my all time fav. player back when I had fav. players.

Sorry if I'm a win at all cost old school, as long as the Rams win who care kind of guy. To me it's the team.
And I think I said during TC I wouldn't give him up for a first in a thread or two. What changed? This season. Need lot of help now and in the future so any asset that's not in the young core is fair game to me now. It's about the team thing.
Honestly a Lioyd type deal would be the best you could get. But bet you Jerry Jones would give us a 1 for him today.
Yeah, definitely one of my favorite players as well. And... Toby Wright. Man that dude could lay the wood.

I understand what you're saying though, and I'm not trying to belittle your point. There are two schools of thought on this whole Steven Jackson Jackpot Trade issue, so really, nobody is wrong. It's all opinions as to what would be the best for the Rams going forward. I just see way too much of a void left behind in trading away Jackson. I'm not one to mortgage a future based on the "chance" it could get better. I guess we'll see though.