WR depth chart now and draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
This year we need to see what Atwell Skow and McCutcheon have. Also need to see if Jefferson steps up and proves to be worth another contract (if we don’t trade him). I hope we don’t invest much more at the WR position
Yes. That’s what 2023 is all about. Flood the roster with new talent and see who’s worth retaining for 2024.

muggmeister

Starter
WR depth chart, hmmm. Kupp, Kupp, Kupp and Kupp. If he and Stafford play 17 games I can easily see Kupp with 150+ catches exceeding 2,000 yards. They are are likely gonna playing be a lot of the 2nd half of games from well behind due to our defense surrendering 21 by the half. If you thought Stafford force-fed Kupp the ball with Woods, OBJ, and A-Rob on the roster I can realistically see Kupp averaging in excess of 15 targets a game. Now if we were to draft Hyatt in the 2nd round that could ease the burden, although I'm not sure that would be the BEST use of our highest draft pick.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good summary of the WRs.

Imo Rams also need more speed and/or quickness. Someone with dynamic ability to get open. Stretch the field, in any direction, open the field more for Kupp. Help create explosives, as McVay always used to talk about. Not just Kupp and a possession game (such as AR might have offered had they thrown him the ball.)

Maybe Jefferson has it, but haven't seen it reflected in production on the field or downfield catches. May have good top speed but doesn't seem to have great quickness or great routes. 1/2 as you say. Glass half empty. Atwell has great speed, but not sure about his cutting ability. Rams also haven't made much use of him so far, and not clear he can be an every down receiver with a full route tree.

After trading Cooks, Rams have tried to get more speed/ explosiveness back with DJax, Atwell and OBJ. It worked with OBJ, who probably wasn't a sprinter by the time he was with the Rams but had great cutting ability, could always get open and was a threat anywhere on the field.

Who in the draft can help bring this dynamic element at WR back for the Rams?
Don't know that there is one that will fall to us but the kid from Virginia, Keytaon Thompson, 6'5" tall 216 lbs. has the tools, maybe a diamond later in the draft.