Wow, the SeaHags...are not good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

They do have Rashad penny at RB and Wil Dissly at TE. But they are rookies. Drizzly looked pretty good but not as good as the announcer made him seem. Penny didn't look great but his OLine stinks. So I don't count either. Their best receiver Lockett used to be the third or fourth option.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
...says the guy with a picture of Merlin Olsen in his sig. :LOL:
Yeah, I'm a fan from back in the old blue & white days. So I recall the 1970's as a time when the Rams, Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, Steelers, and Dolphins were the yearly powerhouses. (y)
Back then I’m pretty sure they were the only football teams that existed...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

jethuth-cwithe.jpg

JRobinson

MiLB
5 years from now, I doubt we will see the same big pockets Goff has had since last year... but by then we should see a crafty young vet QB who has the ability to move in the pocket and execute even when his protection isnt as complete as it has been lately.

5 years from now we will have continued to have drafted or signed good offensive lineman to keep doing what we have been doing. If we think for a minute that the QB and his health isn’t the no. 1 priority, we are sadly mistaken.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We own these bitches for the next decade!!!!!!

TexasRam

Legend
Totally agree , not sure how these teams dont realize that u will suck if your O line is bad . Dont care who your qb or weapons are, defensive players are too athletic now and destroy game plans with weak offensive lines

yep. Philly had the best Oline and won it all. Dallas Oline got banged up and they went to the crap hole.

When the niners and ravens Oline were great they went to the Super bowl.

We can go on and on with example after Example.

defense and oline = championship.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I'm happy that Pete and co decided to prolong their rebuild one year more for whatever stupid reason. They should have traded Thomas, Wagner, Lockett, etc and stockpiled picks. This season had top 5 draft pick written all over it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
And when they lose on Sunday it'll be the first time they've started 0-3 in 16 years!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Ya, Wilson took more shots in the game last night than he took from 2012-2016. Wow, he is taking shots all the time....not just glancing blows anymore
Him and Aaron Neary... Too soon? Possibly inappropriate. I thought it was clever.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
My football theory is, if a team spends a top 3 pick on the O line nearly every year the team will at least be a good one with proper coaching.
Dominate O line makes average QBs, Wrs and RBs good and good ones great.
Emmit was not the best running back in football history. Had the best O line in history.
Great O line helps out your defense too. Lets them rest.
Most important unit in football, O line.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
My football theory is, if a team spends a top 3 pick on the O line nearly every year the team will at least be a good one with proper coaching.
Dominate O line makes average QBs, Wrs and RBs good and good ones great.
Emmit was not the best running back in football history. Had the best O line in history.
Great O line helps out your defense too. Lets them rest.

100% agree. KEnt Hill with Dennis Harrah, and later Tom newberry all mixed with Jackie Slater/Pankey and Doug Smith to form a line that dominated games, and made it easy on the defense because they controlled the ends of many games....and from 1979 to 1989 we were a top 3 offensive line almost every year (not 1981...HIll was not so good).
Everett, as we know now, needed a great line to become who he was from 1988-89.

Still don't believe Nutten, Grud/McCollum and Timmerman were very good. They couldn't get any movement on in line blocking---and teams knew it. They were very, very smart, and understood pass protection, though!

Hope Allen and Noteboom become foundational pieces, too. Hope we keep Saffold for 2-3 more years.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They can't draft for shit. Same thing been going on in Arizona. Eventually the groceries run out and you're stuck with a pantry full of crackers and a fridge full of condiments.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
They can't draft for crap. Same thing been going on in Arizona. Eventually the groceries run out and you're stuck with a pantry full of crackers and a fridge full of condiments.
That's a lot of stale crackers

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They can't draft for crap. Same thing been going on in Arizona. Eventually the groceries run out and you're stuck with a pantry full of crackers and a fridge full of condiments.
Pretty spot on analogy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Do they wave that when fans are streaming out when they are losing?

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

defense and oline = championship.

It's not a certainty, other things matter, but with a poor OL all of the other things put together don't matter as much.

And when they lose on Sunday it'll be the first time they've started 0-3 in 16 years!

There is a very real chance this is a 6-10 team, maybe even a little worse like 5-11.

They will beat the Cardinals twice, maybe split with the 49ers, maybe beat the Lions and Raiders. What other wins are on their schedule? Maybe they steal one ALA any given Sunday. But the 2018 season is going to be fugly for them.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yes and yes.

A few years ago it looked like they had a knack for it and the GM was being applauded for hitting on picks all over the place. Early and late rounder success.

Now, not so much.

Snead on the other hand has maintained his level of success through 5 drafts without having final say for a few years.

Like I always say.......the most important guys on the payroll are QB/GM/OC/Owner.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A few years ago it looked like they had a knack for it and the GM was being applauded for hitting on picks all over the place. Early and late rounder success.
Their 2010, 2011 and 2012 drafts were an anomalous work of brilliance.
Standouts:
Russell Okung
Earl Thomas
Golden Taint
Cam Chancellor
KJ Wright
Richard Sherman
Bruce Irvin
Bobby Wagner
Russell Wilson

They haven't drafted anyone worth a shit in the last 6 years. Their FA additions haven't worked either.

Same thing happened to our Rams from about 2002-2011. Awful drafting.